Another Debate Audience Recites Pledge when Moderator says "no!"

Wow... when the public wakes up, they sure wake up fast... and are highly offended it seems.

I think that this election is the least of the left's worries, for the whole world is waking up and seeing what mischief they've been up to.

Nationalism is never a good thing.

You are welcome to say the pledge wherever you please. I would prefer if you don't stand up in the middle of a movie or in church or while I'm trying to have a quiet dinner.

The rules of the debate were understood by both parties. As was the requirement for the audience to remain silent until the debate was over. If one party wanted to have the audience recite the pledge he could have gotten the rules changed.

To pull a stunt like this during the debate was a pathetic attempt at grandstanding and was, if anything using the pledge of allegience for political purposes

The Pledge is a stunt? So does that mean the con was a better politican than the lib? B/c if lib was a quick thinker he would have chimed in to have it said.

Who the hell just says no to the Pledge?

It takes ~ 30 seconds.

Libs love free speach except when they don't want you to talk.

Libs don't love free speech.

Anything they say is "free speech." Anything YOU say is "hate speech." That's how liberals see "free speech."

;)

Wow... when the public wakes up, they sure wake up fast... and are highly offended it seems.

I think that this election is the least of the left's worries, for the whole world is waking up and seeing what mischief they've been up to.

The pledge is "nationalism???????"

Keep this up liberals!

The pledge is not a good thing? For Who??????????

Apparently, it's not a good thing for liberals!

Good! Keep on saying the pledge people!

:D

anyone who finds reciting the pledge as acceptable is a statist traitor

Dude, you're in the extreme minority on this one. Give it up. 99.9% of the population sees nothing wrong with reciting the pledge itself. It's when you compel others to do it is where the problems begin.

As explained, its all about choas. You prolly break out in the pledge at your morning business meeting, or when the officer gives you a speeding ticket. in the middle of Swain Lake, at a picture show, during church services. Its all about chaos.

Logical fallacy.

Knew you couldn't do it.

So the same crowd that loves to spout off about 'secession' also wants to spout off on the sanctity of the Pledge?

...where one promises allegiance to the principle that the Nation is 'indivisible'?

ha.

You confuse the country with the temporary leaders who think they should change the country.

You want a list of the people around here who think secession is legal? How can you defend secession if you have taken a pledge to defend the indivisibility of the nation?

So the same crowd that loves to spout off about 'secession' also wants to spout off on the sanctity of the Pledge?

...where one promises allegiance to the principle that the Nation is 'indivisible'?

ha.

You confuse the country with the temporary leaders who think they should change the country.

You want a list of the people around here who think secession is legal? How can you defend secession if you have taken a pledge to defend the indivisibility of the nation?

I'm still waiting for you to show me where I ever said I was for secession?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Then you won't mind leaving America and renouncing your citizenship? After all... being proud of your nation and heritage and culture is meaningless.

Isn't it?

I'm still waiting for you to show me where I ever said I was for secession?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Umm it does not appear that he was repying to you about that.
Maybe you need more english training on english comprehension?

Last edited:

Then you won't mind leaving America and renouncing your citizenship? After all... being proud of your nation and heritage and culture is meaningless.

Isn't it?

You dont know what nationalism is do you?

The pledge is "nationalism???????"

Keep this up liberals!

The pledge is not a good thing? For Who??????????

Apparently, it's not a good thing for liberals!

Good! Keep on saying the pledge people!

:D

"The Pledge of Allegiance" is our countries pledge. It instills nationalism, that is it makes us proud. What Im saying is bad are nationalists, like yourself.

Im very proud of our country but the current nationalistic attitudes of some of you is unacceptable. You will find that out at some point.

I think it would be awesome if the GOP came out against the League of Women Voters.

:eusa_pray:

You would support a league of White Voters, or any other race? the LWV seems archaic and Regressive to me. How are ever going to get all the way to Complete equality while holding on to Leagues and Groups that segregate by Race, Gender or Orientation?

The League of Women Voters has been doing these debates for decades. They are the most respected and neutral organization for sponsoring these debates.
As such, they demand a certain decorum from the audience. The audience is there to observe and observe only. They are not to perform public displays, they are not to cheer, they are not to heckle. The ground rules are spelled out before the audience enters

For Murphy to grandstand and ask for the pledge was outside the agreed to scope of the debate and a blatant attempt to wrap himself in the flag. The League of Women Voters was correct in turning down his request

Baseball teams don't discuss whether or not the National Anthem will be sung before a game either. But it is expected to be done.

Same thing in this case. I would expect the pledge to be a part of the proceedings. Weird that the moderator is the one who seemed to take issue with it.

If that is the case, it should have been decided beforehand that the pledge of alegience would be recited. I have never been at a public event where this was done. National Anthem ...yes

For Murphy to stand up and request it was blatant grandstanding and wrapping himself in the flag to make points. The audience is not supposed to be part of the debate. Murphy made them so

What time and place might be more appropriate to pledge allegiance to the "republic for which it stands" than at an event in which citizens of the republic are debating to win the right to represent other citizens in the republic's legislature?

What aspects of this event and the apparently near unanimous particiapation make you think that this was not appropriate?

Might this not be covered under the First Amendment?

Isn't it?

You dont know what nationalism is do you?
I sure as hell do. And saying the pledge isn't it.

What you're talking about is unbridled, out of control nationalism when it is used as an excuse to commit attrocities. Like what was done in Germany, Russia, China, Venezuela, Cuba, Italy, Japan, North Korea, Iran... just to name a few.

The love of country for it's merits and values as long as it's tempered by good reason in it's passion is always a credit to it's people. Pride in your nation is not a sin unless you let that pride blind you to it's wrongs as well as virtues.

But the left has turned hatred of America into a perverse 'virtue'. Hatred of the nation that has succored their lives and given them much of what they value and have been allowed to make for themselves. This is beyond biting the hand that feeds you. This is killing, gutting, cleaning, cooking and eating the golden goose.

Baseball teams don't discuss whether or not the National Anthem will be sung before a game either. But it is expected to be done.

Same thing in this case. I would expect the pledge to be a part of the proceedings. Weird that the moderator is the one who seemed to take issue with it.

If that is the case, it should have been decided beforehand that the pledge of alegience would be recited. I have never been at a public event where this was done. National Anthem ...yes

For Murphy to stand up and request it was blatant grandstanding and wrapping himself in the flag to make points. The audience is not supposed to be part of the debate. Murphy made them so

What time and place might be more appropriate to pledge allegiance to the "republic for which it stands" than at an event in which citizens of the republic are debating to win the right to represent other citizens in the republic's legislature?

What aspects of this event and the apparently near unanimous particiapation make you think that this was not appropriate?

Might this not be covered under the First Amendment?

Ohh like standing up in the middle of a theatre and starting singing?

The Leaague of Women's voters does engage in issue advocacy. They are not neutral.

In this case, they are the authority, not the Pledge of Allegiance, and they are on the receiving end of the uprising.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
and to the republic for which it stands,
one nation under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.
So....when is the "...liberty and justice for all." supposed to kick-in???? :eusa_eh:

What's the point o' (constantly) repeating such bullshit, when it hasn't happened, yet?? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back