Another day - another Solyndra

Imagine 20% to 25% of homeowners providing the power not only for their homes, but also for their vehicles. The horrer, depriving the moguls of enegy of thier pint of blood.

This is the main thrust of the GOPs hatred of alternative energy. It comes in smaller packets that lets the home owner, small and medium sized business in on the game.

You see that is where you goofballs are so fucking wrong.

Nothing would make me happier than to see the USA come up with the next best form of energy. Something that would power everything we need for less money.

What I am against is the idiots in Washington telling the scientists and inventors what that energy should be. Then they turn around and allow the enviromental nutcases to help direct it....

Can't drill for oil, well how about we use this neat thing on a pole to make energy from the ocean waves then? Oh no, that may upset the ocean floor and make some sea creature have to move......

Wait until they start complaining about the birds flying into the wind mills.

Just ;eave science to science and we'll see what they can come up with. in the mean time we won't have a crises for at least 100 years or more............

Imagine 20% to 25% of homeowners providing the power not only for their homes, but also for their vehicles. The horrer, depriving the moguls of enegy of thier pint of blood.

This is the main thrust of the GOPs hatred of alternative energy. It comes in smaller packets that lets the home owner, small and medium sized business in on the game.

Nothing would make me happier than to see the USA come up with the next best form of energy. Something that would power everything we need for less money.

What I am against is the idiots in Washington telling the scientists and inventors what that energy should be. Then they turn around and allow the enviromental nutcases to help direct it....

Can't drill for oil, well how about we use this neat thing on a pole to make energy from the ocean waves then? Oh no, that may upset the ocean floor and make some sea creature have to move......

Just ;eave science to science and we'll see what they can come up with. in the mean time we won't have a crises for at least 100 years or more............

When you include health and environmental costs of fossil fuels they cost two times more then wind solar and other clean energy sources.

When you include health and environmental costs of fossil fuels they cost two times more then wind solar and other clean energy sources.

Will wind or solar take me on a 500 mile one way trip to visit my daughter and grand kids? No? I didn't think so.... So leave science handle it and improve it or create something even better, but do not permit the government to force feed something that may or may not work for all the purposes we need it to.

Will wind or solar take me on a 500 mile one way trip to visit my daughter and grand kids? No? I didn't think so.... So leave science handle it and improve it or create something even better, but do not permit the government to force feed something that may or may not work for all the purposes we need it to.

I take it you've never heard of trains and electric cars... How stupid are you?

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Sanjay Wagle was a venture capitalist and Barack Obama fundraiser in 2008, rallying support through a group he headed known as Clean Tech for Obama.

Shortly after Obama’s election, he left his California firm to join the Energy Department, just as the administration embarked on a massive program to stimulate the economy with federal investments in clean-technology firms.

Following an enduring Washington tradition, Wagle shifted from the private sector, where his firm hoped to profit from federal investments, to an insider’s seat in the administration’s $80 billion clean-energy investment program.

Wagle’s former employer had invested in several companies that received federal money: Brightsource, which won a $1.6 billion federal loan for a solar-generating plant; Tesla Motors, which won a $465 million loan to build electric cars; and biofuels firm Mascoma, which in 2011 received $80 million for a Michigan ethanol plant.

Venture capitalists play key role in Obama’s Energy Department - The Washington Post

Wagle is not the only one. Entire article at the link. :deal:

Ahhh, someone else who thinks what will work in close-packed urban areas will work in the entire nation.

You really need to get out more.

Ahhh, someone else who thinks what will work in close-packed urban areas will work in the entire nation.

I'm not the one who is unaware of trans and electric cars

Um, dumbass, there are no passenger trains between me and where I need to travel.

And a 100 mile electric car just isn't going to get me there...

Now unless you are hiding something from the rest of the world, fuck off.

No, but you are the one who is unaware they're not practical for a large portion of the country.

Farmer Jones isn't going to be able to do his job with a train or an electric car. He needs one of these:

Ford03a.jpg

It burns gas. Not wind, not solar, not electricity.

Ho hum. Here's another one:

President Obama used a weekly address in July 2010 to tout his stimulus package’s support for the solar industry. One of the companies he mentioned specifically, Abound Solar, just announced that it will lay off 70 percent of its workforce.

Abound would “creat[e] more than 2,000 construction jobs and 1,500 permanent jobs,” Obama claimed, and would be integral to the administration’s quest to “create whole new industries and hundreds of thousands of new jobs in America.”

But a year and a half later, the company’s staff numbers only 120. It announced Tuesday that it would lay off 180 full time and 100 part time employees, halt solar panel production, and delay the construction of a manufacturing plant in Indiana

Abound received a $400 million loan guarantee under the Energy Department’s Section 1705 renewable energy loan program, which also gave a $535 million guarantee to now-bankrupt Solyndra. Abound has drawn $70 million of its loan guarantee, and won’t be able to draw any more until it resumes production.

Stimulus-Backed Solar Company Lays Off 70 Percent of Workforce

Forum List

Back