Another consertative just saying "hello"...

Why do you hate America?

OhhRahMama - Well, I can't say for sure what the majority of people who claim to be a conservative are claiming as the "platform of beliefs" because there seems to be somewhat of a split. I can, however, tell you what I believe and what I think makes me a conservative. I believe in:

(1) Less government controls in my life.
D'oh!
Less than what?

(2) I believe every law abiding citizen of the US should be free to own a firearm if they choose.
Within reason we are able to.

(3) I do not believe in abortion - except in a very few circumstances. Certainly not just for the sake of birth control.
Most liberals would agree with you here.

(4) I am strongly against gay marriage. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. If gays want to "hook up" in a relationship so be it but call it something other than marriage.
Being strongly against gay marriage just makes you intolerant and a dope, not necessarily conservative.

(5) I believe you should earn your own way in life and not be so dependant on the government for maintaining your lifestyle.
dopey yet again?

sigh

There are NO government social programs that have as their mandate the agenda of maintaining lifestyles for anyone. That is just another wing-nut fantasy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(6) I do not believe in socialized medicine or socialized anything as far as that goes.
What a moron. Name me ONE GOP or conservative politician who wants to give up their socilized health coverage or that of their parents on medicare.

(7) I believe all the government bailouts here of late are wrong for America. If a company, regardless of who they are, cannot make it in the business world, for whatever reason, then they should go out of business. It's the way our country was founded, i.e., capitalism.
Our country was not founded on idiocy...especially not the idiocy you spout.
Why you would want the financial system to collapse is beyond comprehension. Why do you hate America?

(8) I believe in personal responsibility. It is not my responsibility to make sure you have enough to eat, a place to sleep, a job, a means to support yourself. That is your responsibility. I support myself. You should do the same.
Words. Pretty words. Just like Obama.

(9) I do not believe having babies out of wedlock is "trendy" or a cool thing to do. I think it is very poor judgement. It's as easy to keep from getting pregnant as it is to get pregnant. I personally believe that babies should be the result of a committed relationship such as being married.
(10) I'm an old-fashioned kind of guy. I think wives should be home, taking care of the children in the family and maintaining the household instead of being out in the workforce. It makes for a healthier family, especially in the raising of children. It's the husband's responsibility to provide financial support for the family.
(11) I believe that charity begins at home. Let's keep more of our "financial support" in our own country and give it to those in our country that are truly in need rather than giving our money to folks overseas who don't necessarily care for Americians.

I don't know, I could go on and on about my personal beliefs. I do not speak for all people who claim to be a "conservative" - just myself. I guess I am more closely related to the Republician political party but I think they have some problems these days in terms of direction. I think these days Republicians tend to be more like "Liberal-Lite" than true Republicians. Guess I am more Independent now than Republician. I think that people like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly all have some good things to say BUT often I think they are a bit over the top and tend to be too far to the right. I don't take their words as gospel just because they say it. I believe that our country has taken a very bad course these days and as a nation we are in trouble. To me, a President like Obama is very dangerous and misguided. Politicians like Nancy Pelosi do more harm to our country than good. Our nation is in a mess. We haven't had a good President in a good many years.

I am just rambling on and on now. Anyway, these are some of my own personal core beliefs. Thanks for asking.

Rambling? You give rambling a bad name, but welcome. Par for the course around here. :cool:

Thanks del. I figured it out. Meet Shakesphere. He's a black and tan coonhound.

Welcome aboard BBD. Always nice to see another conservative on the board. :beer:

We had two black and tan coon hounds on our farm. Damn good huntin' dawgs. You ought to have heard them after they treed a coon... :D

my neighbors has coonhounds....i do believe i have mentioned them before...they like to bark.....and howl..mostly from the yours of 11 pm to 4 am....we have had afew conversations concerning this window of barking....i have other neighbors who have hounds and they dont bark at night or they shut them in or let them in....

i have no problem with the insanity of being a liberal democrat when measured against being a brainless and heartless conservative.....o that is not fair i have seen eveidcence of brain activity in a few of you

Now, now, strollingbones... "brainless and heartless"????? Ouch. Yes, coonhounds can be a bit loud at times, however, I live in the perfect place for it! I live on a 300 acre farm that we rent out because I'm not a farmer. I just live on the farm. For about 16 years we had a very large kennel and we bred beagles and would field trial them with the AKC and we sold a few beagle pups here and there to appropriate people. My nearest neighbor is almost a mile away and you can't even see my house from the road. Had to give the kennel up because of a bad accident my wife was in and I have had some recent cardiac problems and couldn't tend to the beagles as a good breeder should so we closed the kennel down December, a year ago. The coonhound you see, is named Shakesphere. I have a special relationship with my vet becaue of our years together both professionally and personally. He called me up late one afternoon and said he had this coonhound that he was going to have to turn over to Animal Control unless he found it a home. He said, "Come get him now!" So, I did. What a hambone he turnedd out to be. He was actually very well trained and housebroken BUT he kept knocking things off the wife's tables with his tail and breaking stuff so he had to become an outdoor dog. That is, until one of my neighbors came over one afternoon and said if I didn't give him this nice looking dog he was going to kill me... So, Shakesphere lives on the next farm down now but I get to see him fairly often.

Now, please don't refer to me as brainless and heartless... My opinions may differ from yours but I am probably about as passionate towards the things I believe in as you are with your own beliefs. It's what makes the world go around.

Big smile...

Hello everybody! Warm greetings and best wishes to all...

Hello there from one newbie to another.
I can't help commenting on your avatar. I used raise and train Black and Tan coonhounds for show and hunt. My female appeared in the AKC Gazzette about 20 years ago. They are wonderful dogs.

Thanks, OneThunder - Shakesphere is a great dog. He lives with my next door neighbor now because he almost insisted on having him. I bred beagles for 15 years and field trialed them with the AKC. It was great fun. I've also hunted black and tan coonhounds too, and if your idea of running through the woods, at night, following a pack of coonhounds is fun, then I truly enjoyed it. That was way back in my youth and it was really a great way to grow up. Appreciate the kind comments. Best regards. Oh yeah, welcome aboard this fast moving train!

I've also hunted black and tan coonhounds too, and if your idea of running through the woods, at night, following a pack of coonhounds is fun, then I truly enjoyed it. !

Not to mention running through the cornfields where the spider webs are oh...about "mouth high".

OneThunder - Which is worse? The cornfield spider webs or when you just happen to turn around in the woods and start walking right into one of those garden spider webs about face high?????? The part of the country I did all of my coon hunting as a boy had plenty of water moccosins and copperheads to go around. Now and then a rattler. Keeping your eyes on the ground was a good thing! Thanks for the memories... I'm ready to gear up and go coon hunting!

OneThunder - Which is worse? The cornfield spider webs or when you just happen to turn around in the woods and start walking right into one of those garden spider webs about face high?????? The part of the country I did all of my coon hunting as a boy had plenty of water moccosins and copperheads to go around. Now and then a rattler. Keeping your eyes on the ground was a good thing! Thanks for the memories... I'm ready to gear up and go coon hunting!

Yack! no kidding. I've done a few 'get this dang thing off me' dances!

..and don't forget training a young one that runs smack dab into a skunk. That ride home was fun....

...and never winning a UKC treeing contest cuz the black dogs bay and the others "chop" at about 60 per minute........

OneThunder - I can relate to the "skunk" factor... Opens up your sinus passages real quick, huh? Another treat, so to speak, is picture a very cold day. You are out walking in the woods with someone and you happen to be walking behind them. You see that person bend the tree branch in front of them to walk by and just as you think about ducking, whack - the tree limb hits you right on a very cold ear because you turned your head to try and avoid the on-coming tee limb. Makes you think of all the sailor words you might know... also dance a little bit. Most often, that person in front of you does a little chuckle and your thoughts at the moment are KILL.

OneThunder - I can relate to the "skunk" factor... Opens up your sinus passages real quick, huh? Another treat, so to speak, is picture a very cold day. You are out walking in the woods with someone and you happen to be walking behind them. You see that person bend the tree branch in front of them to walk by and just as you think about ducking, whack - the tree limb hits you right on a very cold ear because you turned your head to try and avoid the on-coming tee limb. Makes you think of all the sailor words you might know... also dance a little bit. Most often, that person in front of you does a little chuckle and your thoughts at the moment are KILL.

LOL Been there, done that... don't forget to add that it's a briar branch. :lol:

Forum List

Back