Another consertative just saying "hello"...

Welcome. This is the image I thought of when I read your user name. :)

the-big-black-dog.jpg

Thanks del. I figured it out. Meet Shakesphere. He's a black and tan coonhound.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Was gone for awhile. Got some lunch. Will have some yard work to do in about an hour or so. So, del, what part of the world do you live in? What do you do? I'm 57, retired. Just hang out, take photos, and generally bum around.

:welcome:
Beautiful coonhound! GREAT dogs!!

So, what are the general platform beliefs of a "consertative"?
Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll hush now. :redface:

:welcome:

OhhRahMama - Well, I can't say for sure what the majority of people who claim to be a conservative are claiming as the "platform of beliefs" because there seems to be somewhat of a split. I can, however, tell you what I believe and what I think makes me a conservative. I believe in:

(1) Less government controls in my life.
(2) I believe every law abiding citizen of the US should be free to own a firearm if they choose.
(3) I do not believe in abortion - except in a very few circumstances. Certainly not just for the sake of birth control.
(4) I am strongly against gay marriage. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. If gays want to "hook up" in a relationship so be it but call it something other than marriage.
(5) I believe you should earn your own way in life and not be so dependant on the government for maintaining your lifestyle.
(6) I do not believe in socialized medicine or socialized anything as far as that goes.
(7) I believe all the government bailouts here of late are wrong for America. If a company, regardless of who they are, cannot make it in the business world, for whatever reason, then they should go out of business. It's the way our country was founded, i.e., capitalism.
(8) I believe in personal responsibility. It is not my responsibility to make sure you have enough to eat, a place to sleep, a job, a means to support yourself. That is your responsibility. I support myself. You should do the same.
(9) I do not believe having babies out of wedlock is "trendy" or a cool thing to do. I think it is very poor judgement. It's as easy to keep from getting pregnant as it is to get pregnant. I personally believe that babies should be the result of a committed relationship such as being married.
(10) I'm an old-fashioned kind of guy. I think wives should be home, taking care of the children in the family and maintaining the household instead of being out in the workforce. It makes for a healthier family, especially in the raising of children. It's the husband's responsibility to provide financial support for the family.
(11) I believe that charity begins at home. Let's keep more of our "financial support" in our own country and give it to those in our country that are truly in need rather than giving our money to folks overseas who don't necessarily care for Americians.

I don't know, I could go on and on about my personal beliefs. I do not speak for all people who claim to be a "conservative" - just myself. I guess I am more closely related to the Republician political party but I think they have some problems these days in terms of direction. I think these days Republicians tend to be more like "Liberal-Lite" than true Republicians. Guess I am more Independent now than Republician. I think that people like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly all have some good things to say BUT often I think they are a bit over the top and tend to be too far to the right. I don't take their words as gospel just because they say it. I believe that our country has taken a very bad course these days and as a nation we are in trouble. To me, a President like Obama is very dangerous and misguided. Politicians like Nancy Pelosi do more harm to our country than good. Our nation is in a mess. We haven't had a good President in a good many years.

I am just rambling on and on now. Anyway, these are some of my own personal core beliefs. Thanks for asking.

you believe in way too much for me to read...welcome and enjoy...

this is thor

IMG_0563.jpg

this is jake who is going to be a yellow lab as soon as i call the groomer....i am so lazy..she lives less than a mile away

IMG_0562.jpg

OhhRahMama - Well, I can't say for sure what the majority of people who claim to be a conservative are claiming as the "platform of beliefs" because there seems to be somewhat of a split. I can, however, tell you what I believe and what I think makes me a conservative. I believe in:

(1) Less government controls in my life.

agree

(2) I believe every law abiding citizen of the US should be free to own a firearm if they choose.

agree

(3) I do not believe in abortion - except in a very few circumstances. Certainly not just for the sake of birth control.

go one way or the other...abortions are as old as women figuring out how to do it. too late to reign it back in plus its a multi million dollar business for both parties

(4) I am strongly against gay marriage. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. If gays want to "hook up" in a relationship so be it but call it something other than marriage.

seems very few really believe in marriage...look at the divorce rate....this is a red herring issue to prevent the mindless from questioning other issues

(5) I believe you should earn your own way in life and not be so dependant on the government for maintaining your lifestyle.

i belive that if its good enough for government officialcs its good enough for common citizens...no you should not depend on government for maintaining your lifestyle are you taking common welfare or corporate welfare?

(6) I do not believe in socialized medicine or socialized anything as far as that goes.

you have socialized shit under both parties...what do you think schools and roads are?

(7) I believe all the government bailouts here of late are wrong for America. If a company, regardless of who they are, cannot make it in the business world, for whatever reason, then they should go out of business. It's the way our country was founded, i.e., capitalism.

o hell yes....why sell at 50 cents when you can hold out for a government bail out at 75% ..private business will hopefully bore with this and move on ..or will they simply wait?

(8) I believe in personal responsibility. It is not my responsibility to make sure you have enough to eat, a place to sleep, a job, a means to support yourself. That is your responsibility. I support myself. You should do the same.

you discountine the numbers of mentally unstable and children living on the streets...see here big dog...you cant force people to bear children then bitch that they cant feed them..get on one side of that fence or another

(9) I do not believe having babies out of wedlock is "trendy" or a cool thing to do. I think it is very poor judgement. It's as easy to keep from getting pregnant as it is to get pregnant. I personally believe that babies should be the result of a committed relationship such as being married.

agree

(10) I'm an old-fashioned kind of guy. I think wives should be home, taking care of the children in the family and maintaining the household instead of being out in the workforce. It makes for a healthier family, especially in the raising of children. It's the husband's responsibility to provide financial support for the family.

my husband is an old fashioned guy too...but for some reason says "i have no problem with you making money..i stayed home when my son was young but when he got to be about 12 i went back to work, hell you hever had a 12 year old..you would work salt mines to avoid them...but i was home by the time school got out.. i think too many young famliies are paying other people to raise their kids so they can have this and that... i have had one new car in 22 years...they sold they the car i had a deposit on so they gave me a very, very, good deal, since then use and old is the way i roll...why live in moblie home with new vettes in front?

(11) I believe that charity begins at home. Let's keep more of our "financial support" in our own country and give it to those in our country that are truly in need rather than giving our money to folks overseas who don't necessarily care for Americians.

i have state again and again ..give locally...as locally as possible...food banks, humane socieities etc locally....

I don't know, I could go on and on about my personal beliefs. I do not speak for all people who claim to be a "conservative" - just myself. I guess I am more closely related to the Republician political party but I think they have some problems these days in terms of direction. I think these days Republicians tend to be more like "Liberal-Lite" than true Republicians. Guess I am more Independent now than Republician. I think that people like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly all have some good things to say BUT often I think they are a bit over the top and tend to be too far to the right. I don't take their words as gospel just because they say it. I believe that our country has taken a very bad course these days and as a nation we are in trouble. To me, a President like Obama is very dangerous and misguided. Politicians like Nancy Pelosi do more harm to our country than good. Our nation is in a mess. We haven't had a good President in a good many years

. i have no use for talking heads of either party

I am just rambling on and on now. Anyway, these are some of my own personal core beliefs. Thanks for asking.

i am a liberal democrat

Hello strollingbones... Sorry you're a liberal democrat. Doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. What's the old joke... "I have friends who are liberal democrats!" Take a deep breath. It's all going to be ok.

strollingbones - forgot to say, I can appreciate your opinions. You're are just a little different than mine. That's what makes the world go round...

Forum List

Back