Another comparison Jimmy Carter and Obama- The Nobel peace prize

"Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt, Shimon Perez, Yitzhak Rabin, Nelson Mandela, Elie Wiesel, Desmond Tutu, Lech Walesa, Mother Teresa, Henry Kissenger, Martin Luther King Jr., Albert Sweitzer"

BUT THEY ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING TO DESERVE BEING NOMINATED TO BEGIN WITH! NOT JUST BE IN OFFICE FOR 12 DAYS. Can you not see that this type of comparison is meaningless and basically is a slap in the face to those that ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING to deserve the honor!! Obama did nothing! He has done NOTHING! To even attempt to compare him with those you listed is just ........well........really really dumb.

What is clear is that YOU chose to ignore the accomplishments that so many others recognize.
I wonder why?

Could you name them please? Here's what I've seen:

1. He helped clean up Chicago when he was "organizing" there... Oh wait, no. actually kids are beating each other to death in the streets there.

2. He's made a lot of promises that he has shown no sign of being able to keep.

3. He's blamed all of his problems on his predecessor rather than being "post-partisan"

4. He's gotten up on the world stage and abandoned our allies and embraced our enemies, confusing peace with appeasement.

5. He chose not to support the uprising in Iran, but chose to support the unconstitutional president of Honduras.

You're right. If Al Gore can get the Nobel Peace Prize for making a movie, why not give the prize to a president for doing worse than nothing.

Evidently, most Americans and now the entire world happen to disagree with you

Love him or hate him; Obama is "OUR" president

He represents America and "ALL" of her people.

"EVERYONE" should be "PROUD" that the world honors "OUR" leader..

He represents "ALL" Americans

Only unpatriotic and anti-american people will denegrate this award for "OUR" president.

he's yours. He only represents the left. He has divided everyone else.

I am not proud

Only unpatriotic and anti-american people will denegrate this award for "OUR" president.

he's yours. He only represents the left. He has divided everyone else.

I am not proud

Sorry Willow..
But "We the People" have elected Barack Obama and now the Nobel Prize Committee is congratulating all of us for brushing aside those of your political views

Great day for ALL AMERICANS

Oh yeah, while Iran is still building nukes, North Korea is firing off misiles and still building nukes, terrorists still want to kill every single American including you.

This award was like awarding the Heisman trophy to someone who has not even stepped on the field yet. Or the medal of honor to someone just because they enlisted. Insanity continues. If anyone deserved the Nobel peace prize it was RONALD REAGAN for tearing down that wall and freeing millions of people without firing a shot. Yet he has never gotten that award and he did the most to free people in East Berlin and the former Soviet Union.

Last edited:
Maple- Braindead Ronnie slept through most of his second term and besides the wall came down under Bush 1

This award was like awarding the Heisman trophy to someone who has not even stepped on the field yet. Or the medal of honor to someone just because they enlisted. Insanity continues. If anyone deserved the Nobel peace prize it was RONALD REAGAN for tearing down that wall and freeing millions of people without firing a shot. Yet he has never gotten that award and he did the most to free people in East Berlin and the former Soviet Union.

They did give a Nobel Peace Prize

It went to Gorbachev in 1990

What is clear is that YOU chose to ignore the accomplishments that so many others recognize.
I wonder why?

Could you name them please? Here's what I've seen:

1. He helped clean up Chicago when he was "organizing" there... Oh wait, no. actually kids are beating each other to death in the streets there.

2. He's made a lot of promises that he has shown no sign of being able to keep.

3. He's blamed all of his problems on his predecessor rather than being "post-partisan"

4. He's gotten up on the world stage and abandoned our allies and embraced our enemies, confusing peace with appeasement.

5. He chose not to support the uprising in Iran, but chose to support the unconstitutional president of Honduras.

You're right. If Al Gore can get the Nobel Peace Prize for making a movie, why not give the prize to a president for doing worse than nothing.

Evidently, most Americans and now the entire world happen to disagree with you

Disagree with facts? Do you (and the "entire world") dispute that the president refuses to speak out against an illegitimate Iranian government? Do you dispute that he spoke out against the Honduran government removing their mini-Chavez?

Who's on the Nobel Prize committee? Let's see:

Alfred Nobel's will stated that the prize should be awarded by a committee of five people elected by the Norwegian Parliament.

I guess you have no idea what you're talking about. Hmm... nice try though.

Forum List

Back