Another Comcast Refugee

Topper

Rookie
Nov 27, 2011
Yes I too have found my way here from the Coffee Shop forum at Comcast. This place doesn't look nearly as tame and controlled as CS. I am also a member at other boards that use vBulletin, so I know my way around that pretty well by now.

I'm curious-----how is the member number next to my avatar assigned? By straight numerical sequence?

Last edited:
I just joined-up and am trying to learn how all this stuff works.

Welcome to you and all Other Newbies, like myself, who are posting for the first time. Hopefully, it won't be our last and I can figure-out *navigation* here.

Guess I was on fr.com, ar-15.com, glocktalk.com etc etc etc, for too many years, and didn't get around much.

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving, as I did.

Yes I too have found my way here from the Coffee Shop forum at Comcast. This place doesn't look nearly as tame and controlled as CS. I am also a member at other boards that use vBulletin, so I know my way around that pretty well by now.

I'm curious-----how is the member number next to my avatar assigned? By straight numerical sequence?
Welcome to USMB, Topper. Hope you hang your hat here and stay a while. :)

I just joined-up and am trying to learn how all this stuff works.

Welcome to you and all Other Newbies, like myself, who are posting for the first time. Hopefully, it won't be our last and I can figure-out *navigation* here.

Guess I was on fr.com, ar-15.com, glocktalk.com etc etc etc, for too many years, and didn't get around much.

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving, as I did.
Well, I'd like to welcome you to USMB, too, gdnctr. First, add this website to your "Favorites" bar. That way, you'll be able to come back to the right place every time. Have you had a computer for long?

Down below, we have some threads for people who like gardens, and your expertise would be highly welcome. There's also the USMB Coffee Shop where Foxfyre is the best hostess on the internet, so if you like to chat, that's a great place, and no politics are discussed or even mentioned there. We just gather and try to have a good time.

The political forums are interesting. You'll see pie throws, accusations, conspiracy theories, facts, and links there "proving" or "disproving" opinions.

It's all good and hope you enjoy using USMB as your internet home away from home. :)

Last edited:

by height

Welcome ! Enjoy the board, we have many topics to talk about.
Yes the numbers are in numerical sequence. Each one who is registered on the board gets a number.

Hey Topper.....

Comcast refugee here too! Same screen name. What was yours on CS?

Comcast moderated way too heavily IMO

New friends like freedombecki and MaBelle60 have made me feel welcomed already!

Last edited:

Hey Topper.....

Comcast refugee here too! Same screen name. What was yours on CS?

Lots of potty-mouth on these posts allowed LOL That'll take some getting used to!

Comcast moderated way too heavily IMO

New friends like freedombecki and MaBelle60 have made me feel welcomed already!

we wont hold that against them

My number is much too tall then. Norly.

I thought you were leaving?
Glad you decided to stay.
My Christmas resolution is to be nice to you - and a few others who don't see eye-to-eye with me.
Merry Christmas my dear.

Forum List

Back