Another Chicago School Missing it's Community Organizer

^^ I need to go where that guy Polk is from... sounds like all the girls are easy out there...

If only Palin's daughter would have got knocked-up after the election we could have blamed Obama for that too.

It's pretty common across the rural South.

The idea that old mores are outdated is not a cause for anything.

Allow me to apologize for being terribly unclear. I was attempting to imitate someone on this forum far more concise than I with demonstrably limited success.

A lot of sex ed classes take the wrong approach. they either tell the students that they have an inborn right to sex or that sex is WRONG. The instructors are generally substandard with poor communication skills and no empathy for the students. Exceptions exist but seem rare.

I contend a good sex education program would emphasize these points
1) The human body includes a drive to reproduce through sex.
2) With the right partner and at the right time sex can be a pleasant experience.
3) With the wrong partner or at the wrong time sex can have terrible psychological consequences.
4) Just because a boy asks you out on a date and spends money on dinner and a movie he is not entitled to sex. The technical term for exchanging sexual favors for money or other considerations is prostitution.
5) There are a lot of predators out there who will do anything to have unreported sex with a minor, including getting you drunk or stoned and murdering you afterward if you might identify them.
6) Sex, even with the right partner, carries a serious risk of pregnancy.
7) Sex is a vector for transmitting a variety of incurable diseases.
8) Waiting for the right time/partner is better than acting too quickly; try to make a habit of stepping back and thinking first before you act. The habit can extend beyond questions of sex.

There may be other good points to include, but those are a core I believe would work better than what they have now.

To provide free condoms at school. I hear the argument that providing condoms encourages kids to have sex! Do these people remember themselves in highschool. Heck I banged as many girls I could sweet talk into bed and they didn't provide any condoms back then!

The idea that old mores are outdated is not a cause for anything.

Allow me to apologize for being terribly unclear. I was attempting to imitate someone on this forum far more concise than I with demonstrably limited success.

A lot of sex ed classes take the wrong approach. they either tell the students that they have an inborn right to sex or that sex is WRONG. The instructors are generally substandard with poor communication skills and no empathy for the students. Exceptions exist but seem rare.

I contend a good sex education program would emphasize these points
1) The human body includes a drive to reproduce through sex.
2) With the right partner and at the right time sex can be a pleasant experience.
3) With the wrong partner or at the wrong time sex can have terrible psychological consequences.
4) Just because a boy asks you out on a date and spends money on dinner and a movie he is not entitled to sex. The technical term for exchanging sexual favors for money or other considerations is prostitution.
5) There are a lot of predators out there who will do anything to have unreported sex with a minor, including getting you drunk or stoned and murdering you afterward if you might identify them.
6) Sex, even with the right partner, carries a serious risk of pregnancy.
7) Sex is a vector for transmitting a variety of incurable diseases.
8) Waiting for the right time/partner is better than acting too quickly; try to make a habit of stepping back and thinking first before you act. The habit can extend beyond questions of sex.

There may be other good points to include, but those are a core I believe would work better than what they have now.

I applaud the attempt, but I heard all that when I was in highschool and it went out the window! There is no easy answer!:(

Lucky dog. If only for the pizza.

Don't forget the Da Bears, Da Barz, Da Beaches (good for non-ocean beaches), Da Museums, Da Sears Tower etc.

Chicago is a great city regardless of what the Daley Corruption (Democrats) try to do to it!

On my sole trip to Chicago, I was in meetings most of the day, so sadly all I got to sample was some of the food. By the time we gone done with things, it always too late to see the sights.

I applaud the attempt, but I heard all that when I was in highschool and it went out the window! There is no easy answer!:(
You probably had one of those substandard drones who give teaching a bad name. I realize it is getting hard to get decent teachers; low pay, lack of respect, and massive federal oversight. It has become a true nightmare to attempt to teach, but that might derail this thread, such as it is.

1 in 8 Girls @ Chicago Area High School are Pregnant...

I swear upon my life I haven't been to Chicago recently.

The other thing they should be Concerned about his HIV Infections...

That much Unprotected Sex in Chicago, and the Increased Rates in the African American Community...

Bet there's some Future Data comin'.

:)

peace...

Damnit... I thought only homos got that.

Forum List

Back