Another Case For English Only

The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution are in English. Therefore, by sheer logic, the official language of the United States of America should be - and is - English.

The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution are in English. Therefore, by sheer logic, the official language of the United States of America should be - and is - English.

You have a strange idea of what constitutes "logic."

The US has no official language.

Let's don't mention all the car accidents, crimes and health crisis that are further complicated by Spanish only speakers. We need to end the ambiguity and make English mandatory. It's just common sense.

The US will never "make English mandatory" the way some halfwits here are dreaming of it. Even if we did, it would not prevent all of the problems mentioned.

The US will never "make English mandatory" the way some halfwits here are dreaming of it. Even if we did, it would not prevent all of the problems mentioned.

If it were made mandatory would you have sufficient intellect to learn it?

It is highly likely that you will never understand as much about the English language as I do, champ. Try again.

To repeat: English will never be "mandatory" in the United States of America.

Last edited:

That's quite a reach, even for you. There is not and should never be an "official language". No matter how you try, the US will never be THAT dumb.

OP, no, it's not "multiculturalism" that kills.

It's RWNJ willful ignorance that kills.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Only a moron would oppose one commonly accepted language. It would unite us all, and what kind of idiot opposes that? I can name one.

If it were made mandatory would you have sufficient intellect to learn it?

It is highly likely that you will never understand as much about the English language as I do, champ. Try again.

To repeat: English will never be "mandatory" in the United States of America.
I can't make it any clearer.
What OTHER language would you like to communicate in? The rest of us aren't gonna learn Spanish because Mexicans aren't acclimating. Why is this even an issue? You were asserting illegals WHERE acclimating. And they aren't, they act like they are still in Mexico, and that is very disrespectful. You or illegal aliens don't seem to understand that.And THAT is the problem, the disconnect.

Ok, I think I've mentioned this before, but:

The US will NEVER have a "mandatory" language. In addition to being impossible to enforce, such a ridiculous notion would be in violation of the Constitution and of common sense. Many languages have always been spoken in the US and always will be. It is no business of the government, much less some frightened busybodies, how Americans choose to communicate with each other. Trying to enforce such an irrational fantasy law would do anything BUT "unite" us.

However, for those who begin to hyperventilate whenever they hear a language they don't understand, there is no need for panic. English is and will remain the dominant language in the US. Immigrants today are striving to learn the language just as those generations before them did. Their children and grandchildren will be native speakers of English and within 3 generations almost 100% exclusive speakers of English in the home. So you see, no need to become hysterical or waste time with foolish notions about a "mandatory" language.

Ok, I think I've mentioned this before, but:

The US will NEVER have a "mandatory" language. In addition to being impossible to enforce, such a ridiculous notion would be in violation of the Constitution and of common sense. Many languages have always been spoken in the US and always will be. It is no business of the government, much less some frightened busybodies, how Americans choose to communicate with each other. Trying to enforce such an irrational fantasy law would do anything BUT "unite" us.

However, for those who begin to hyperventilate whenever they hear a language they don't understand, there is no need for panic. English is and will remain the dominant language in the US. Immigrants today are striving to learn the language just as those generations before them did. Their children and grandchildren will be native speakers of English and within 3 generations almost 100% exclusive speakers of English in the home. So you see, no need to become hysterical or waste time with foolish notions about a "mandatory" language.

I think it's quite possible to enforce. I see people that refuse to acclimate and find it handy to ignore just about any other law as well when it suits them. This should not even be an issue. When in Rome, don't don't piss off the Romans, and ignore the laws and pretend to be a victim when penalized. There is so much arrogance, let alone ignorance illegals have to get over.

What OTHER language would you like to communicate in? ....

Depends on who I am communicating with, and certainly none of your business. Now, how about you make that the last time you address me personally instead of the thread topic? Hmm?

"Mexicans" (FYI, they are not some cookie-cutter army of clones, and not every immigrant in the US is Mexican [I can't believe it is necessary to point this out AGAIN]) are assimilating and learning English as generations of immigrants before did.

If two or more people in the US choose to communicate with each other in whatever language they want, it is none of the business of anyone else. A private communication is not "disrespectful" to a would-be eaves-dropper. Presuming to dictate how other people communicate with each other most certainly is.

I wonder if some people fantasize about bugging every home in America and employing an army of Language Purity Police to listen in 24-7 to catch some 'criminal' daring to speak something other than English within the borders of their totalitarian-utopia. Specially trained shock troops would be on constant standby to break doors down and terminate those in violation of the Language Uniformity Law.

Depends on who I am communicating with, and certainly none of your business. Now, how about you make that the last time you address me personally instead of the thread topic? Hmm?

"Mexicans" (FYI, they are not some cookie-cutter army of clones, and not every immigrant in the US is Mexican [I can't believe it is necessary to point this out AGAIN]) are assimilating and learning English as generations of immigrants before did.

If two or more people in the US choose to communicate with each other in whatever language they want, it is none of the business of anyone else. A private communication is not "disrespectful" to a would-be eaves-dropper. Presuming to dictate how other people communicate with each other most certainly is.
YOU use ENGLISH, after all. How convenient, I have come up to a car accident and couldn't communicate to the victim trapped in the car, because they no hala English. And I can go on and on, but that's a good example of WHY immigrants need to learn English, it's to their own benefit. By they way, that poor old girl survived.

YOU use ENGLISH, after all. ....

As I said, it depends on who I am communicating with and it is none of your business or anyone else. Now, please address the topic and NOT me personally. Is that clear enough?

Forum List

Back