another Bush appointee going to prison

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Truthmatters, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    http://tinyurl.com/2ufn84

Former deputy interior secretary J. Steven Griles amitted to lieing in the Abramoff scandal.

He had four girlfriends and Abramhoff helped him keep them happy with jobs and money.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    :rolleyes:

3. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    He was second in command of the interior.

This is who your guy chose.

You see these things take a while to get to the bottom of.

Its not the End of the trail in the Abramhoff scandal either.

You can roll your eyes and pretend it doesnt matter but this has been a massively corrupt admin in almost every aspect of government.

They think America is their personal profit center and you are paying their salaries as well as supporting them while they drain money from our assets.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I can roll my eyes because you are a partisan hack on yet another fishing expedition.

The fact of the matter is real simple ... the investigation was already being conducted so no one was getting away with anything. The military does not do fast investigations. Not even one that I ever saw. It's called making sure have a case with all the "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed BEFORE presenting a case. Nor is the military in the habit of keeping the MSM informed of its every step to try and appease witch-hunters like you.

The only relevance to when some bureaucrat way up in the chain saw some evidence of a crime ALREADY being investigated to actual events is what you've dreamed up in your mind.

Crimes are processed in the military daily, just as they are on the outside, just fine without your knowledge nor reading some conspiratorial bullshit into them. The only thing different about this one is you leftwingnuts politicizing it, and your lame-ass attempts to link it any higher than local command problem and violations of the law by some sadistic guards.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Wow, political appointee abuses power. There's a press stopper for sure. That's nothing for many of us:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/337905,CST-NWS-shak12.article

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Commenting on news is a fishing expedition?

This happened very recently am I supposed to pretend it didnt happen?

Look you guys dont seem to understand that it is perfectly fine to commnet on the news.

I believe that the Current R party is very corrupt.

I dont think Republicans are terrible people but I do think the ones who have been I control of the republican party over the last couple of decades are a pack of corrupt liars.

Stories like this constantly coming out is why I think this.

Now what is wrong with trying to show people the facts to prove what you believe?

Nothing is wrong with it is there.

When you have nothing but personal insults in return it merely shows how weak your party is to refute the facts that corruption is rampant in the hiarchy of your party.

Why do you continue to support a party which subverts your own honorable ideas?

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    You are the one who isn't getting it. Many of us criticize many of the things the administration is doing. With that kept in focus, trying to tie corruption in political appointees to the real problems or successes of an administration is just nonsense. Anyone with access to Nexis/Lexis can do the same to any executive. Granted, Chicago is just too easy. ;)

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    yeah, Heaven forbid you consider stories like this continually coming out to be the result of a political agenda. There's just a "higher up" TM drone pumping out bullshit so low-lever TM drones can blindly post it.

Let's get one thing straight .... while YOU made need a political party to think for you and tell you what you are supposed to believe, I belong to NO party. I am neither Republican nor Democrat, and the last time I was either, it was Democrat.

Second, that the Bush administration is rampantly corrupt is pure speculation your part, and Bush and his administration are NOT the GOP. They are part of it.

I have supported the Republicans up to now because they at least don't directly oppose my political beliefs as a party that has no problem with presenting complete fools like Hillary Clinton and Obama as their best representatives to be President of this country.

When the Democrat Party kicks people like you out, or at least shuts you up, and presents a well-thought-out platform that will actually benefit this Nation and its people, I'll have no problem voting for A Dem if they have the better candidate.

That's not likely however. When Jimmy Carter jerked the rug out from under the moderates and gave the podium over to every screwball extremist minority with a cause, he GAVE AWAY us and our votes. The fact that Dems have held the Presidency just 8 of the 37 years since directly reflects.

9. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    at some point you have to ask yourself, why there are so many convicted criminals in Bush's adminstration. And in other recent republican adminstrations. Reagan, and Nixon in particular.

To my knowledge, there were only maybe one or two political appointees in the Carter and Clinton adminstrations, who were ever convicted of a crime. And I'm specifically using the word convicted, as opposed to investigated, or indicted/acquited.

10. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    when the dem party kicks out people like me?

You mean the ones like me who are interested in truth?

The funnny thing is I have posted an article or two about a Guy who has done nothing but what he was ordered to do and he ended up gettin punished for it.

And you take the side of a politicain instead of him?

This says a very large amount about who you really are and not how you think or say you are.