Another bullshit lawsuit threat against Christmas

Thing is, what would have happened thirty years ago?

The rabbi would have gotten his ass kicked three ways from Sunday. Why? Because we didn't listen to this kind of horse shit thirty years ago. "Multiculturalism"? Bull shit. Thirty years ago it was "Americanism". And to us that remember thirty years ago, America is becoming a spineless, political correctness run amuk, run by outside influence, over run melting pot, too many damned foriegners demanding we change to their rules, country!

This is AMERICA. In America we have Christmas trees. If you don't like Americans putting up Christmas trees, then why the hell don't you get your foriegn fucking ass THE HELL OTTA AMERICA?! Go back to where ever the hell it was you came from where they DON'T put up Christmas trees, and then we'll ALL BE HAPPY!

Seperation of church and state. If you don't show consideration to all, then show nothing. Now, that being said, the managers at the airport should be given metals. Why?? Cause the next thing you do, if they had caved in to the Rabbi, is to invite Quanza decorations, and then what??? Mouslim decorations for what ever holiday they embrace?

The main reason I believe that the Rabbi did the airport a favor is because he is sewing his own seeds of distruction,, or at least, dis interest the next time the Jews are fouled. People who were interviewed at the airport were more than a bit pissed off that this guy started the shit.. Hope they remember who stripped them of their joy this holiday,,, and it wasn't the airport managers either. Me on an antisemtic roll again?? Nope. The rabbi is doing fine on his own. Mozeltoff to him!

By the Way,, Apocolytic is NUMBER 1 at the box office,. WAY TO GO MEL GIBSON!!!

The rabbi is wrong, and you obviously are thick as a brick. Do you need the construction paper picture with the big fat crayons drawn for you? Christmas trees are NOT Christian symbols; therefore, any argument you are making in that regard is bullshit. As usual.

The rabbi is wrong, and you obviously are thick as a brick. Do you need the construction paper picture with the big fat crayons drawn for you? Christmas trees are NOT Christian symbols; therefore, any argument you are making in that regard is bullshit. As usual.

That is not quite true. Christmas trees imply Jesus Christ. The presents under the tree are references to the Magis who brought the Christ child gifts. Christmas of course is a Christian celebration about the birth of Christ.

I hate it when Americans get so defensive about Christmas that they get to a point where they have to deny that Christmas is what it really is and call the whole Christmas thing a "philosophy" or the trees "pagan symbols" even though that is how they may have originated. You see this on Fox alot. Christmas is what it is, not to mention a national holiday, and we should be able to express our Christian religion freely, especially since we are a majority Christian nation and because we are Americans who believe in freedom of religion. What I would like to see along with the trees is Nativity scenes. We should not marginalize the Christian faith.

If other religions also celebrate around the same time as Christmas, I have absolutely no qualms about the airports or other public places added them into the mix. However, the airport's holiday budget should be appropriated fairly according to how many it represents. Of course the Christian religion would and should get the majority of the dollars for decorations.

I don't think the rabbi really wanted to get rid of the Christmas trees in SeaTac airport but only wanted to add his Hannukah decoration. It's the damn lawyers combined with stupid "political correctness" which is making a mess of the whole holiday season.

By the way, the Christmas trees are back up in the Seattle Airport.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003473318_seatactrees12m.html

That is not quite true. Christmas trees imply Jesus Christ. The presents under the tree are references to the Magis who brought the Christ child gifts. Christmas of course is a Christian celebration about the birth of Christ.

I hate it when Americans get so defensive about Christmas that they get to a point where they have to deny that Christmas is what it really is and call the whole Christmas thing a "philosophy" or the trees "pagan symbols" even though that is how they may have originated. You see this on Fox alot. Christmas is what it is, not to mention a national holiday, and we should be able to express our Christian religion freely, especially since we are a majority Christian nation. What I would like to see along with the trees is Nativity scenes. We should not marginalize the Christian faith.

If other religions also celebrate around the same time as Christmas, I have absolutely no qualms about the airports or other public places added them into the mix. However, the airport's holiday budget should be appropriated fairly according to how many it represents. Of course the Christian religion would and should get the majority of the dollars for decorations.

I don't think the rabbi really wanted to get rid of the Christmas trees in SeaTac airport but only wanted to add his Hannukah decoration. It's the damn lawyers combined with stupid "political correctness" which is making a mess of the whole holiday season.

The Christmas trees are back up at Sea-Tac because the Rabbi told them he had no intention of suing or of trying to prevent a celebration of Christmas in any way. But he isn't wrong that if you're going to represent one religion's beliefs, that it's fair to reflect the diversity that's in our society. I like looking at Christmas decorations and I'm not quite certain why a menorah wouldn't be equally appropriate.

As for the lion's share of decorating budget going to Christmas, that's probably fair, too. Besides, all they'd have to do for Chanukah is a Menorah. Beyond that, we don't really do the decorations stuff.

Just my feelings on the subject.

The Christmas trees are back up at Sea-Tac because the Rabbi told them he had no intention of suing or of trying to prevent a celebration of Christmas in any way. But he isn't wrong that if you're going to represent one religion's beliefs, that it's fair to reflect the diversity that's in our society. I like looking at Christmas decorations and I'm not quite certain why a menorah wouldn't be equally appropriate.

As for the lion's share of decorating budget going to Christmas, that's probably fair, too. Besides, all they'd have to do for Chanukah is a Menorah. Beyond that, we don't really do the decorations stuff.

Just my feelings on the subject.

The problem comes when EVERYBODY has to jump on the "holiday" bandwagon, like this rabbi, and starts to demand, demand, demand. It causes the airport folks problems because they have to spend more money and more time "representing" everybody. I sure don't mind a mennorah in the mix but sometimes these minorities get to be a real pain in the neck. Jews represent maybe a whole 2% of the country and other religions even less. And then when you realize it is the Far Left pushing to create these troubling situations and destroy American tradition, that just adds fire to the fight.

The fact is, Christmas is a national holiday because most Americans are Christians and Christianity is the bedrock of America, not Judaism or Islam or Buddhism, etc. So the holiday is about Christmas. Not Hannuka. Not that stupid manufactured holiday called Kwanza. Minority religions that celebrate around the same time as Christmas should be welcome to represent themselves in public places but it shouldn't have to be the "duty" (implying lawsuits) of every airport or public area to do so.

The problem comes when EVERYBODY has to jump on the "holiday" bandwagon, like this rabbi, and starts to demand, demand, demand. It causes the airport folks problems because they have to spend more money and more time "representing" everybody. I sure don't mind a mennorah in the mix but sometimes these minorities get to be a real pain in the neck. Jews represent maybe a whole 2% of the country and other religions even less. And then when you realize it is the Far Left pushing to create these troubling situations and destroy American tradition, that just adds fire to the fight.

The fact is, Christmas is a national holiday because most Americans are Christians and Christianity is the bedrock of America, not Judaism or Islam or Buddhism, etc. So the holiday is about Christmas. Not Hannuka. Not that stupid manufactured holiday called Kwanza. Minority religions that celebrate around the same time as Christmas should be welcome to represent themselves in public places but it shouldn't have to be the "duty" of every airport or public area to do so.

But if government is paying for it, then it can't pick a religion, much as you might want it to. In your home, in your business, you're free to make any choices you wish. Aside from the separation of church and state issue, there is the issue of protecting minorities from a tyranny of the majority. That said, I don't think we should be silly about this stuff, but I'd point out that the bedrock of Christianity is Judaism.... not that that's relevant to whether government should foster the christian religion.

But if government is paying for it, then it can't pick a religion, much as you might want it to. In your home, in your business, you're free to make any choices you wish. Aside from the separation of church and state issue, there is the issue of protecting minorities from a tyranny of the majority. That said, I don't think we should be silly about this stuff, but I'd point out that the bedrock of Christianity is Judaism.... not that that's relevant to whether government should foster the christian religion.

So you would want to take it to the point where the national holiday of Christmas is cancelled? Or that we create a national holiday for every religion?

Ah... but that you don't get to do. And I wasn't the one complaining. ;)

What do you mean "we don't get to"? The government (which, btw, is we, the people) has already "picked" Christmas. Congress declared Christmas a national holiday in 1870. And the U.S. Supreme Court has upheld it. Are you saying that Christmas doesn't represent religion?

The bedrock of Christianity is Christ. Who are you kidding?

How was the 'government paying'? Well they've returned the trees, so I guess it wasn't the 'government.'

This was a stupid idea by the rabbi, at least throwing lawyers into the fray. It's not what he wanted to accomplish, and his arguement from the get go was bad.

The 'tree' is secular, but he wanted a menorah, a religious symbol. It would have been better to argue for a dreidel.

I hate it when Americans get so defensive about Christmas that they get to a point where they have to deny that Christmas is what it really is and call the whole Christmas thing a "philosophy" or the trees "pagan symbols" even though that is how they may have originated. You see this on Fox alot. Christmas is what it is, not to mention a national holiday, and we should be able to express our Christian religion freely, especially since we are a majority Christian nation and because we are Americans who believe in freedom of religion. What I would like to see along with the trees is Nativity scenes. We should not marginalize the Christian faith.

Christmas trees are so called because of the season. They were not always.

http://www.christmas-tree.com/where.html

IIRC, the actual celebration was the beginning of the winter solstace (Dec 21), the shortest day of the year, by pagans.

I personally associate the day with the symbolic birthday of Christ. I associate the tree with Euro-American custom/tradition.

I also personally don't give a rat's ass who celebrates what on Christmas, nor what decorations they display. I just think it's jacked-up that some nimrod can run his mouth and spoil an event for everyone but his overly-sanctimonious, headline-whoring little self.

all very well said and true....let me know when the majority will be protected from the tyranny of the minority.....

Christmas trees are so called because of the season. They were not always.

http://www.christmas-tree.com/where.html

IIRC, the actual celebration was the beginning of the winter solstace (Dec 21), the shortest day of the year, by pagans.

I personally associate the day with the symbolic birthday of Christ. I associate the tree with Euro-American custom/tradition.

I also personally don't give a rat's ass who celebrates what on Christmas, nor what decorations they display. I just think it's jacked-up that some nimrod can run his mouth and spoil an event for everyone but his overly-sanctimonious, headline-whoring little self.

Well, you got a point there and I guess this is how we legally wiggle out from under the attacking attorneys. The tree and other items are secular in nature. In fact I believe the earlier puritan types were totally against setting up Christmas as a national holiday back in the nineteenth century but good, old fashioned capitalism was pushing for it. The trees may be secular but realistically today most people consider them and the presents as part of the celebration of the birthday of Christ.

Yep, because of all the stupid PC nimrods, Christmas has now become the "season of lawsuits". :(

Forum List

Back