Another Brutal cop. And the usual excuses.

Bad cops are few and far between. We need to worry far more about bad citizens. Guns are one thing, should we ALL have to carry cameras to catch any bad guys, because we have lost our common sense and need a overlord camera to watch over all of us? sad but it looks that way. I use a car cam all the time, I don't trust anyone anymore. Cop are the least of my concerns.
Well the bad one's do seem more frequent these days from what I have observed over the last thirty years. One threaten my son and later when we went and talked to his sergeant, the guy that arrested sonstood out of my sight but where son could see him and gave son shitty looks while playing with his gun (bad charges which were dropped because the state claimed my insurance company wasn't valid to do business in the state of Iowa-it was total bs). The older sergeant upon hearing the whole situation agreed his officer was out of line and said he would take care of the other bogus charges so son wouldn't lose another day of work. Well the older guy didn't do what he said he would do so I went into their office again in an attempt to be reasonable. There was a younger sergeant there and they told me the one who said he would take care of it was on vacation. This younger sergeant became threatening with me. That did not go over very well when he told me that I didn't "know how things work when someone complained against one of his officers". I told him I knew exactly how politics worked and if he insisted I would be going right on up the chain of command to the AG's office if that was his desire. Anyhow we filed for a jury trial on the bogus tickets. They ended up dropping the charges before son had to lose a day of work. It would have been very easy to show how the officer had lied so that helped in that case.
We all come at this issue from different life experiences. There are bad cops, sure. Not defending that, you have basis for a complaint that the AG office needs to look into. Get a lawyer, and pursue the matter.

Money fixes everything but if you don't have money to defend yourself...tough luck!

Bad cops are few and far between. We need to worry far more about bad citizens. Guns are one thing, should we ALL have to carry cameras to catch any bad guys, because we have lost our common sense and need a overlord camera to watch over all of us? sad but it looks that way. I use a car cam all the time, I don't trust anyone anymore. Cop are the least of my concerns.

Let me ask you a question. A hypothetical question if I may. Why are bad cops not exposed more often, or perhaps I should say sooner? Why does it take a recording like the one above to even get someone to question the actions of the "bad cop"? There are many possible answers. One is that the good cops are afraid of being targeted by the bad cops. That answer doesn't make any sense though. You see, if there were one bad cop out of a thousand, then the one bad cop would be terrified of being identified and busted.

That's the problem you run into when you start to try and minimize the actions of "bad cops" as just a lone oddball in a group of fine folks. The fine folks don't seem to do anything unless forced to by exposure of something like this video. Even then the knee jerk response is always the same, the officer was using necessicary force. He was afeared for his life, the suspect was resisting. You just can't see it on the tape.

It is unlikely that the very first time the cop went over the line he was caught. Just as it is unlikely that the person caught speeding was exceeding the speed limit for the first time in his/her entire life.

So how does an entire drug and firearms unit in the police department go bad? Did they recruit only corrupt cops for that squad? Or did the one bad cop just manage to corrupt the others? Troy drug unit under investigation for allegedly covering up warrantless search

When there is a bad cop, there are others who turned their heads and looked the other way. There are others who wrote their reports to justify the actions of the bad cop. There is never just one bad cop.

Bad cops are few and far between.

Then why do we keep seeing so many examples of them
So many? Be specific and list all the incidents in the last 3 months.
There are a few web sites that keep tabs on bad cop incidences if you take the time to search for them.
I did not make the claim I don't need to look anything up. And accusing a cop is a dime a dozen. every criminal claims something was wrong and it almost never is true.
I have seen it go both ways...bad cops and bad judges, good cops and good judges too but also many who go into denial and then you have those who willingly look the other way when they know something is wrong because of political ramifications. I have also seen some people that probably belonged in jail years ago but there was someone covering their ass so they didn't but they still pay a price even if they don't recognize it when it happens. It does look like Savannah man and Westwall gave you some of the links that are available online though so you have the proof you asked for.

Let me ask you a question. A hypothetical question if I may. Why are bad cops not exposed more often, or perhaps I should say sooner? Why does it take a recording like the one above to even get someone to question the actions of the "bad cop"? There are many possible answers. One is that the good cops are afraid of being targeted by the bad cops. That answer doesn't make any sense though. You see, if there were one bad cop out of a thousand, then the one bad cop would be terrified of being identified and busted.

That's the problem you run into when you start to try and minimize the actions of "bad cops" as just a lone oddball in a group of fine folks. The fine folks don't seem to do anything unless forced to by exposure of something like this video. Even then the knee jerk response is always the same, the officer was using necessicary force. He was afeared for his life, the suspect was resisting. You just can't see it on the tape.

It is unlikely that the very first time the cop went over the line he was caught. Just as it is unlikely that the person caught speeding was exceeding the speed limit for the first time in his/her entire life.

So how does an entire drug and firearms unit in the police department go bad? Did they recruit only corrupt cops for that squad? Or did the one bad cop just manage to corrupt the others? Troy drug unit under investigation for allegedly covering up warrantless search

When there is a bad cop, there are others who turned their heads and looked the other way. There are others who wrote their reports to justify the actions of the bad cop. There is never just one bad cop.
That's a tough read. I am no police apologist, we need to hear about bad cops. And there is no "BUT" here. An open honest society needs to be critical. In all senses. Can we take it that far?

Well the bad one's do seem more frequent these days from what I have observed over the last thirty years. One threaten my son and later when we went and talked to his sergeant, the guy that arrested sonstood out of my sight but where son could see him and gave son shitty looks while playing with his gun (bad charges which were dropped because the state claimed my insurance company wasn't valid to do business in the state of Iowa-it was total bs). The older sergeant upon hearing the whole situation agreed his officer was out of line and said he would take care of the other bogus charges so son wouldn't lose another day of work. Well the older guy didn't do what he said he would do so I went into their office again in an attempt to be reasonable. There was a younger sergeant there and they told me the one who said he would take care of it was on vacation. This younger sergeant became threatening with me. That did not go over very well when he told me that I didn't "know how things work when someone complained against one of his officers". I told him I knew exactly how politics worked and if he insisted I would be going right on up the chain of command to the AG's office if that was his desire. Anyhow we filed for a jury trial on the bogus tickets. They ended up dropping the charges before son had to lose a day of work. It would have been very easy to show how the officer had lied so that helped in that case.
We all come at this issue from different life experiences. There are bad cops, sure. Not defending that, you have basis for a complaint that the AG office needs to look into. Get a lawyer, and pursue the matter.

Money fixes everything but if you don't have money to defend yourself...tough luck!
Not necessarily. Chckenshitism is still alive and well but money does give an advantage when it comes to being able to expose corruption. If you get stripped down to far even getting the truth out can become a real chore.

Bad doctors, government employees, lawyers and judges, etc... can do the same thing as if it were some code of honor bullshit to coverup shit for one another.

Bad cops are few and far between.

There are a few web sites that keep tabs on bad cop incidences if you take the time to search for them.
I did not make the claim I don't need to look anything up. And accusing a cop is a dime a dozen. every criminal claims something was wrong and it almost never is true.
I have seen it go both ways...bad cops and bad judges, good cops and good judges too but also many who go into denial and then you have those who willingly look the other way when they know something is wrong because of political ramifications. I have also seen some people that probably belonged in jail years ago but there was someone covering their ass so they didn't but they still pay a price even if they don't recognize it when it happens. It does look like Savannah man and Westwall gave you some of the links that are available online though so you have the proof you asked for.
Really? Out of how many cops nationwide? The percent is so low as to be meaningless. And that is my point. To the person effected it is catastrophic but to the whole system it is a minor disturbance.

Really? Out of how many cops nationwide? The percent is so low as to be meaningless. And that is my point. To the person effected it is catastrophic but to the whole system it is a minor disturbance.
It is not a minor disturbance if you are the one on the receiving end of the shit stick. How many bad banksters did it take to crash the entire economy? How many bad pharmaceutical drugs can wipe out the health of a hundred thousand people before FDA steps in and stops it? We could go on and on with that game but the truth is a little leaven leavens the whole. One is too many if injustice is perpetrated against an innocent soul.

Let me see if I can put it into terms that you will relate to. Let's say you have a Marine in your platoon. He's a good Marine, and he's seen combat, and fought with courage and fought well. He saved his fellow Marines from a suicide bomber who would have killed many of them.

You're back in the States, at Camp Pendleton. This Marine is accused of getting into a bar fight and stabbing a Civillian. The platoon all swear he was in the barracks and it couldn't have been him. Later, Video is discovered that shows it was him.

The Platoon lied to protect one of their own. Was that a single bad Marine? Was the Platoon just doing what was expected, protecting one of their own? My Father told me this simple life truth. When you have to lie, you've already done something very wrong. It is an approach I took when I was in the Army, and one I had to embrace when I was a Sergeant. My superiors, peers, and subordinates had to know I was trustworthy.

The one Marine would be busted in the scenario above. What would you do to the rest of the Platoon? That is what happens with the Police. When one cop does something wrong, 95 times out of a hundred the other cops close ranks to protect him. They lie, and they cover up the misdeed. Even if the rest of the platoon didn't stab anyone, they closed ranks to protect one of their own, they abandoned the truth, they abandoned honor.

This is what the Police do 95% of the time. When they are caught, the other cops close ranks to say it wasn't that bad, it's just the way things are. When you lie under oath, that is a Felony everywhere in the U.S.. We call it Perjury.

Let me see if I can put it into terms that you will relate to. Let's say you have a Marine in your platoon. He's a good Marine, and he's seen combat, and fought with courage and fought well. He saved his fellow Marines from a suicide bomber who would have killed many of them.

You're back in the States, at Camp Pendleton. This Marine is accused of getting into a bar fight and stabbing a Civillian. The platoon all swear he was in the barracks and it couldn't have been him. Later, Video is discovered that shows it was him.

The Platoon lied to protect one of their own. Was that a single bad Marine? Was the Platoon just doing what was expected, protecting one of their own? My Father told me this simple life truth. When you have to lie, you've already done something very wrong. It is an approach I took when I was in the Army, and one I had to embrace when I was a Sergeant. My superiors, peers, and subordinates had to know I was trustworthy.

The one Marine would be busted in the scenario above. What would you do to the rest of the Platoon? That is what happens with the Police. When one cop does something wrong, 95 times out of a hundred the other cops close ranks to protect him. They lie, and they cover up the misdeed. Even if the rest of the platoon didn't stab anyone, they closed ranks to protect one of their own, they abandoned the truth, they abandoned honor.

This is what the Police do 95% of the time. When they are caught, the other cops close ranks to say it wasn't that bad, it's just the way things are. When you lie under oath, that is a Felony everywhere in the U.S.. We call it Perjury.
Unless of course you are Bill Clinton then it is just a guy being a guy and having sex, right?

Unless of course you are Bill Clinton then it is just a guy being a guy and having sex, right?

When I was in High School I took a debate class. I've found that the technique you just used is most often employed by those who have been cornered but don't want to admit it. In military terminology you just threw smoke.

You don't want to admit that the platoon would be wrong. You don't want to say that the platoon has a duty to protect their own over the citizens that make up the nation they are protecting. So you pop smoke to cover the fact that you just walked into a sort of ambush.

The truth is that the very thing I described happens and is never punished. The cops who lie to protect their own even when the lie is exposed are not punished. Nobody ever demands their badges for the lie. One maybe sacrificed to the public in the interest of protecting the image of good cops ruling all.

To be honest. It wasn't even very good smoke.

When I was in High School I took a debate class. I've found that the technique you just used is most often employed by those who have been cornered but don't want to admit it. In military terminology you just threw smoke.

You don't want to admit that the platoon would be wrong. You don't want to say that the platoon has a duty to protect their own over the citizens that make up the nation they are protecting. So you pop smoke to cover the fact that you just walked into a sort of ambush.

The truth is that the very thing I described happens and is never punished. The cops who lie to protect their own even when the lie is exposed are not punished. Nobody ever demands their badges for the lie. One maybe sacrificed to the public in the interest of protecting the image of good cops ruling all.

So your analogy is only good for when you say it is?

So your analogy is only good for when you say it is?

Gunny, when you see you are walking into an ambush, you aren't supposed to try and bull your way through. But, I'm a reasonable guy. Tell me how Bill Clinton lying in a deposition about a blow job is the same as lying to protect a corrupt cop. Clinton was impeached. So obviously his actions were judged by the House of Representatives. Clinton plea bargained the charge out, and surrendered a law license he never used.

What penalty do the cops who have their lies exposed get? Nada. They get less than Clinton. They don't even pay for their own legal fees. They don't need to, because nobody ever questioned them.

The problem Gunny, is that you assume that I thought Clinton was railroaded. You hope to expose some sort of hypocrisy with your blunt instrument. Sadly, you couldn't be more wrong. I believed that his impeachment was warranted, and I didn't buy the reprehensible but not impeachable argument.

I am one of those who believe that the truth matters always. I'm sorry to see that a Marine doesn't feel that way. That honor appears to be missing from the Corps is distressing. I'm going to cut the Corps some slack so to speak. I'm going to assume that you are not representative of the kind of people in the Corps these days. When I went through Amphibious Warfare training with the Corpse I was impressed with their skills and professionalism. I assumed that Honor was not a word, but a requirement.

Because in the 82nd Airborne we did not tolerate a Paratrooper who lied to his mates.

You obviously never served, when ambushed a unit pivots and attacks in order to break the ambush.

Actually what I was taught was this. Near ambush roll right over them. Far ambush get cover and pin them down so that the rest of the unit can take them from the flanks.

Now. Back to the subject at hand. Do you support the police who commit perjury. That is to say lie to cover up misconduct?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

SO sick of these goddamn fucking scumbag degenerate pigs. And I'm referring to the bad cops. The good cops need to be more vocal about the bad cops and get these pieces of shit off their forces.
The other 90% that are bent ruin things for the few good cops left.

Bullshit. Bad cops are the rule, easily 85-90% of cops are bent. They are a street gang, little different from MS13.

You have to provide actual evidence that someone is lying or else you are just repeating talking points from a biased source.

The evidence has been posted so often I'm thinking of putting it on a hot key.

Police perjury: It's called 'testilying'

Judges, Prosecutors, and Attorneys say that the police lie in about 20% of the cases. Statistically that means if ten people are on trial in your local courthouse today then two of those cases will involve a cop lying. These are people who deal with this everyday. They are the experts. But you doubt their words. Because it does not fit your idea of what is.

Adrian Schoolcraft - Wikipedia

When the NYPD found out about his recordings they shuffled him off to the loony bin to keep him quiet.

Now how could that happen if a vast majority of the cops were good and didn't lie? How could that happen if even a simple majority of cops were honest and didn't break the rules?

The answer you come up with is that it can't.

I could post more links but I know how you will deny the truth. I've read it before.

Forum List

Back