Another Brother dead. Another Viet Nam Vet Forgotten

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Friday, November 16, 2007 a homeless Viet Nam Veteran was killed in a traffic accident in Tennessee. He was my youngest brother, blood brother. He was positively identified by fingerprints as he had no other identification on him.

Many of you helped me grieve for my older brother that died in Florida a few years ago from throat cancer that was positively attributed to Agent Orange exposure in Viet Nam. Quite promptly you forgot about him and instead resumed your attacks on me as I am not exactly the same as you.

Both of these proud and courageous Veterans will be largely ignored by most of America but they will not be forgotten by me or my most close family members.

Support your Veterans, alive or dead.

You've proven it. Warmongers and chickenhawks don't give a single shit for a fallen Veteran of the United States Of America whether dead or alive. This has lain here since November 21, 2007 and not a single response. Fuck You Too. That's what this veteran feels right now.

You've proven it. Warmongers and chickenhawks don't give a single shit for a fallen Veteran of the United States Of America whether dead or alive. This has lain here since November 21, 2007 and not a single response. Fuck You Too. That's what this veteran feels right now.

My father was a Vietnam vet, he was on his second tour when he fell in a punji stick trap, which signalled the ambush ( he probably would have been shot on point if he hadn't fallen in the trap.)

He spent 3 months in a hospital in Japan because of blood poisoning, they did not know if he would live or die. He recovered and retired from the army in 1984. He died in 2000 of heart problems from being an alcoholic most of his life. But prior to that he had lost both of his legs because that old wound came back to haunt him. Even with his legs gone the pain was so bad he was hooked on morphine the last couple years of his life.

He was never homeless though, and he never gave up on his family. He had lots of medical and mental problems but he never quit on himself and even while in the Spokane area Hospitals talked to children telling them not to give up on themselves. That life was what you made of it including the good, bad and indifferent.

He and I did not get along well together, but we did great long distance relationship. We were both to stubborn to get along for long together.

Blaming others for your loss is interesting to say the least.

Read it again. He didn't blame anyone for his brother's death. He said his thread has been there since november and not a single person wished him a restful sleep or gave a salute to his service.

Hey, blues... I never saw the thread. I'm sorry for your loss.

I suggest Jillian you reread this.

And at my Dad's funeral, guess what? Just family was there. Yet you don't see me claiming because a man died that happened to be a vet that he was forgotten or mistreated or ignored.

I to did not see the original post. BUT guess what? Calling us names cause we missed it is not going to get kind words spoken. Nor is his baseless political bullshit claim in the second post going to help any either.

I never saw this, sorry.

I am very sorry about your brother.

America should never send its troops to war, no matter what the reason, unless it is prepared to take care of its soldiers.

Friday, November 16, 2007 a homeless Viet Nam Veteran was killed in a traffic accident in Tennessee. He was my youngest brother, blood brother. He was positively identified by fingerprints as he had no other identification on him.

Many of you helped me grieve for my older brother that died in Florida a few years ago from throat cancer that was positively attributed to Agent Orange exposure in Viet Nam. Quite promptly you forgot about him and instead resumed your attacks on me as I am not exactly the same as you.

Both of these proud and courageous Veterans will be largely ignored by most of America but they will not be forgotten by me or my most close family members.

I have a major problem with the post. Because it isn't just about wanting condolences. It's also about attacking everybody.

Sorry your brothers are dead. Don't blame me. My dad, my son, all my uncles and my daughter-in-law were and/or are in the military. I've never forgotten anybody.

But I didn't make him homeless, nor did I give your other brother cancer (btw, my dad died of throat cancer as well. I didn't expect condolences from strangers, however, nor take it as some sort of sign when I didn't get condolences).

I suggest counseling for your loss and grief management, and whatever issues you must be working through at this time.

Support our troops indeed! Providing they are acting “normally” and not standing out from the cloyingly ersatz crowd, that is! :sad:

I too missed this post, Psycho. My condolences mate.

I think sometimes people lash in anger, and rather then try and understand whats really behind it, we lash back at them.

Lets remember, psychoblues is dealing with a tough time, and feels hurt and neglected, lets reach out to him and kindness, and be there for him like a brother, now and forever.

we're board members but we're still humans, lets show compassion

My God, I haven't cried even at the funeral, but the responses of some of you are so welcome to me and I cry now. Jody, my youngest brother, didn't die in Viet Nam. Or, did he? You cats are the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back