Another blog entry for Senator Kerry

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I just don’t get sentiments like this:

"The president made a series of promises to us--number one, that he was gonna make every effort possible to build a legitimate coalition. He did not--he built a fraudulent coalition."
--Senator John Kerry, in this interview with Rolling Stone magazine

I’ve been in Southwest Asia since April. In that time I’ve personally met and talked to soldiers and civilians from The United Kingdom, Denmark, Poland, Azerbaijan, Moldavia, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Japan, and Spain. I haven’t met any Italians yet, Japanese, or Spaniards yet, Koreans, but I know they’re here. Some of them lost their lives on this ground.

There are also, at any given time, thousands of Iraqis risking assassination or mass murder in order to help rebuild Iraq. I see them almost every day. Are they frauds?

All of them are here on the ground, risking their necks along with us. Is that fraudulent? Within the last couple of weeks, men from Italy and Japan have sacrificed their lives along with our troops. Was that fraudulent?

A soldier from Fiji was wounded—shot through both knees—while providing security for an Iraqi Currency Exchange program in the Battle of Samarra. Was that fraudulent, too?

Why don’t you come out here and speak to the boots on the ground from our coalition partners? Try calling them ‘fraudulent,’ Senator.

I'm gonna lift this country up to a greater engagement in the world. I mean, think of what we could do to reach out and begin to present a different face of our country.

I guess for Kerry “reaching out” means slapping our partners in the face. Frankly, I don’t even see Kerry building a coalition large enough to win the New Hampshire primary, at this point—let alone project a multilateral force under a unified command halfway around the world.

Splash, out

Jason

http://iraqnow.blogspot.com/

nice post jim...:clap: I have kerry finishing at the #3 or 4 slot in Iowa maybe worse and dropping out after New Hampshire these guys just keep shooting off there guns. if they are not hitting their fellow democratic pres. hopefuls with body shots they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Forum List

Back