ANOTHER BIDEN GAFFE:CNN: Biden in hot water with some Ohioans

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
September 19, 2008
Biden in hot water with some Ohioans
Posted: 05:05 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
Biden may have upset some crucial swing state voters.

(CNN) — Joe Biden's off-the-cuff remarks on the trail have at times taken the Obama campaign off-message, but the Delaware senator's latest riff just may have landed him in hot water with voters — and die hard football fans — in a key battleground state.

Speaking to members of the University of Delaware football team Friday morning, the Democratic VP candidate said he thinks the Fightin Blue Hens (1-1 this season) could thrash a certain team from Ohio.

"I was out in Ohio," he said while fiddling with a football in his hands. "I told the folks in Ohio that we'd kick Ohio State's ass!" (It remains unclear if Biden actually ever told Ohio voters this.)

Biden, a proud University of Delaware alum, was clearly trying to rally his Division 1-AA team ahead of their match-up with Furman this weekend, but the comments couldn't have come at a worse time for faithful Buckeye fans who saw their team suffer a 35-3 trouncing at the hands of USC last weekend.

The comments also come as polls show the race in Ohio could hardly be tighter: A CNN poll of polls in the Buckeye state shows Obama holding a slim 1 point lead there. Close enough, presumably, that enough angry OSU fans could just make the difference — at least that's what Republicans are hoping.

The state GOP is already attacking the Democratic ticket over the comments, as well as his comments yesterday suggesting it was patriotic for some wealthier Americans to pay higher taxes.

"As if his comments about it being a patriotic duty for Ohioans to pay higher taxes weren't bad enough, now Biden is taking pot shots at the Buckeyes," GOP State chair Bob Bennett said. "Barack Obama and Joe Biden must really think they can win this election without Ohio, because they're doing their best to lose it with stupid comments like these. Keep talking, Joe."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Biden in hot water with some Ohioans - Blogs from CNN.com

folks in Ohio are NOT playin' when it comes to the Buckeyes! You can get your ass killed talking smack about the Buckeyes.. they are like gods up there in Ohio.

Last edited:
September 19, 2008
Biden in hot water with some Ohioans
Posted: 05:05 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) — Joe Biden's off-the-cuff remarks on the trail have at times taken the Obama campaign off-message, but the Delaware senator's latest riff just may have landed him in hot water with voters — and die hard football fans — in a key battleground state.

Speaking to members of the University of Delaware football team Friday morning, the Democratic VP candidate said he thinks the Fightin Blue Hens (1-1 this season) could thrash a certain team from Ohio.

"I was out in Ohio," he said while fiddling with a football in his hands. "I told the folks in Ohio that we'd kick Ohio State's ass!" (It remains unclear if Biden actually ever told Ohio voters this.)

Biden, a proud University of Delaware alum, was clearly trying to rally his Division 1-AA team ahead of their match-up with Furman this weekend, but the comments couldn't have come at a worse time for faithful Buckeye fans who saw their team suffer a 35-3 trouncing at the hands of USC last weekend.

The comments also come as polls show the race in Ohio could hardly be tighter: A CNN poll of polls in the Buckeye state shows Obama holding a slim 1 point lead there. Close enough, presumably, that enough angry OSU fans could just make the difference — at least that's what Republicans are hoping.

The state GOP is already attacking the Democratic ticket over the comments, as well as his comments yesterday suggesting it was patriotic for some wealthier Americans to pay higher taxes.

"As if his comments about it being a patriotic duty for Ohioans to pay higher taxes weren't bad enough, now Biden is taking pot shots at the Buckeyes," GOP State chair Bob Bennett said. "Barack Obama and Joe Biden must really think they can win this election without Ohio, because they're doing their best to lose it with stupid comments like these. Keep talking, Joe."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Biden in hot water with some Ohioans - Blogs from CNN.com

If people are honestly basing their vote off this and making a big deal out of this then country is more fucking stupid then I thought.

folks in Ohio are NOT playin' when it comes to the Buckeyes! You can get killed talking smack about the Buckeyes.. they are like gods up there in Ohio.

Too bad their gods continue to let them down huh?

Oh hey wait, organized religion lets down most of it's followers too when they pray!

Welcome to the club then Buckeyes!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That explains why Ohio State doesn't play elite teams. Because when they do, the Ohioans idols are toast. Shocked. End of Days.

Being a Buckeye fan I can say that this would not affect my vote if I supported Obama in the first place.

If people are honestly basing their vote off this and making a big deal out of this then country is more fucking stupid then I thought.

I hate to tell you this, but this country is A LOT MORE STUPID THAN YOU THOUGHT!!!

Which explains George W. Bush and Sarah Palin.....

Anti-American Fuck-wad.

If you live here...move away.... then start your own country if you think this one sucks. Far too many "good" people died to give you the "right" to bad mouth this country.

BY chance, do you watch much Bill O'?

I've got an idea, let's start a committee, and we will investigate anyone who disagrees with ANYTHING this country does. We'll drag'em infront of cameras, ask them unfair questions, ruin their lives, all because they believe in and choose to utilize their first amendment rights.... We can call it an un-American activities committee, and it will be run out of the House, so maybe the acronym will be HUAC.

Damn people trying to use their constitutional rights! That's Downright anti-american!

You've never been to Ohio have you? There simply some things you don't do. You don't pull on Superman's cape. You don't go into Tuscaloosa, AL screaming War Eagle. You don't wear an Oklahoma hat in Texas and you as far as Ohioians are concerned, you don't fuck with the Buckeyes. That shit can get you killed or even worse.

The beginning of the little segment there makes it sound like it had been some major, catastrophic comment. You have to be kidding, right? Football?

You'd have to do a lot of convincing to get me to believe that any significant portion of Americans would base their vote on sports affiliation.

Anti-American Fuck-wad.

If you live here...move away.... then start your own country if you think this one sucks. Far too many "good" people died to give you the "right" to bad mouth this country.

How dare he use his right that people died for to give him!

BY chance, do you watch much Bill O'?

I've got an idea, let's start a committee, and we will investigate anyone who disagrees with ANYTHING this country does. We'll drag'em infront of cameras, ask them unfair questions, ruin their lives, all because they believe in and choose to utilize their first amendment rights.... We can call it an un-American activities committee, and it will be run out of the House, so maybe the acronym will be HUAC.

Damn people trying to use their constitutional rights! That's Downright anti-american!

The same people who excersize the 1st in the way that it was used in this thread..... are the ones who "want" it takin away....along with all the others. I recognize the type when I see it.

How do the shortcomings of idiot poloticians have anything to do with what this country stands for and what we have always stood for.....freedom. If that is stupid.....than he is saying the freedom of the 1st amnd. is stupid.....so I say...well...what I said.

Its easy....if you think this country is "stupid".....than you must think the guaranteed freedoms of said country are stupid as well.....Including the freedom of speech.

So lets all applaud :clap2: for this misuse and mis-directed statement toward this country.

I hate to tell you this, but this country is A LOT MORE STUPID THAN YOU THOUGHT!!!

Which explains George W. Bush and Sarah Palin.....

Any stupidity showing in the population of this country is directly attributable to the dumbing down brought on by democratic elitist morons.

Forum List

Back