Another Battle In The GOP's War Against Women

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
The Fight to Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act

Rep. Sandy Adams (R-FL) drafted the House version of the Violence Against Women Act, and it has substantial differences with its Senate counterpart, most notably stripping protections for immigrant, gay and transgender, and tribal groups.

During the adjudication of each petition under this paragraph, an investigative officer from a local service center of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services shall conduct an in-person interview of the alien who filed the petition. The investigative officer may also gather other evidence and interview other witnesses, including the accused United States citizen or lawful permanent resident, if they consent to be interviewed.

So the wingnuts want to give the abusers a heads up that their victims asked for help.

Bullshit law. Violence against anyone no matter their gender or race is violence. I don't like this dividing up of violence.

A rape is a rape. A beating is a beating. A murder is a murder. Stop messing around with words.

What on earth is wrong with liberal brains?

Last edited:
Bullshit law. Violence against anyone no matter their gender or race is violence. I don't like this dividing up of violence.

A rape is a rape. A beating is a beating. A murder is a murder. Stop messing around with words.

So you don't give a shit about the victims? You're too dumb to understand that these people perhaps ought to get out of situations of domestic abuse? How many domestic abusers ever do time? What happens to the victims when that paycheck might be missing?

You really don't want to see battered women to have an alternative to poverty? Do you know the single greatest cause of poverty in the US?

These guys want to force women to have babies, but their other face says, "Feed the poor and they'll breed".

Liberal brains? That's a Republican bill author.

First, how are homosexual males possibly victims in an alleged "war on women"?

Second, what how are women protected or hurt by adding or eliminating any of these things?

Third, why is treating everyone equally a bad thing?

Rep. Sandy Adams (R-FL) drafted the House version, a far more regressive proposal than its Senate counterpart. The Adams bill not only rejects the smart new protections for gay and transgender and Native American victims adopted by the Senate, it also eliminates long-standing critical protections for immigrant women who are the victims of crime and abuse.

Conservatives are clearly continuing their war on the Constitution.

Rep. Sandy Adams (R-FL) drafted the House version, a far more regressive proposal than its Senate counterpart. The Adams bill not only rejects the smart new protections for gay and transgender and Native American victims adopted by the Senate, it also eliminates long-standing critical protections for immigrant women who are the victims of crime and abuse.

Conservatives are clearly continuing their war on the Constitution.

by treating everyone equally?

Right..

Good post. Woman have options they can use in domestic violence situations, lots of them.

Any violence against anyone else should be treated the same. The problem with our system is sentencing. You assault someone - first offense - ok probation is fair. Do it again - JAIL, no dismissal with an attorney, no community service, JAIL - max sentence for the crime committed if found guilty.

Good post. Woman have options they can use in domestic violence situations, lots of them.

Any violence against anyone else should be treated the same. The problem with our system is sentencing. You assault someone - first offense - ok probation is fair. Do it again - JAIL, no dismissal with an attorney, no community service, JAIL - max sentence for the crime committed if found guilty.

You're a fucking moron. Many times women have no choice when the alternatives are survival of having the shit kicked out of them.

So you don't give a shit about the victims? You're too dumb to understand that these people perhaps ought to get out of situations of domestic abuse? How many domestic abusers ever do time? What happens to the victims when that paycheck might be missing?

You really don't want to see battered women to have an alternative to poverty? Do you know the single greatest cause of poverty in the US?

Do you know the single greatest cause of poverty in the US?

Liberalism.

Liberalism.

Amazing how morons like yourself can type and live by a single word of your personal hate. Sorry, you FAIL.

Liberalism.

Ooh! Look at that. Bolded. One word answer. Untrue, but it looks SO very cool.

Idiot.

Liberalism.

Amazing how morons like yourself can type and live by a single word of your personal hate. Sorry, you FAIL.

I don't hate liberals, I feel sorry for them.

The Fight to Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act

Rep. Sandy Adams (R-FL) drafted the House version of the Violence Against Women Act, and it has substantial differences with its Senate counterpart, most notably stripping protections for immigrant, gay and transgender, and tribal groups.

During the adjudication of each petition under this paragraph, an investigative officer from a local service center of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services shall conduct an in-person interview of the alien who filed the petition. The investigative officer may also gather other evidence and interview other witnesses, including the accused United States citizen or lawful permanent resident, if they consent to be interviewed.

So the wingnuts want to give the abusers a heads up that their victims asked for help.

Is this "war on women" all you have?
Is this what Obama is running on?
Are you a woman? How many more stretch accusations can you doctor up to file under "the war on women"?
If I take my credit cards away again from my wife are you going to claim it was because of the "war on women"?

First, how are homosexual males possibly victims in an alleged "war on women"?

There are female homosexuals: lesbians.

Second, what how are women protected or hurt by adding or eliminating any of these things?

You’ve obviously not read the linked article.

Third, why is treating everyone equally a bad thing?

That’s just it, everyone’s not being treated equally. As proposed the law is clearly un-Constitution as it excludes classes of persons from its provisions.

Conservatives are very keen on excluding people from things, obviously a consequence of their authoritarianism.

Forum List

Back