Another "assault weapon" hits the streets!

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Certainly, this too shall find its way into the hands gang-bangers, school shooters and cop killers everywhere!!

ar50big.jpg

http://www.50bmgstore.com/ar5050bmg-2.htm

Would someone please tell me why this gun should be banned?

If I had someplace to shoot one of those, I would have had one long ago -- at the National Matches a few years back, Armalite had them on sale, just a few bucks over their cost.

I live in South Texas. Plenty of places to shoot, and no one to bug me about a pistol grip on a bolt action rifle.

a 1,000 yard range is pretty hard to find tho.

I live in South Texas. Plenty of places to shoot, and no one to bug me about a pistol grip on a bolt action rifle.
a 1,000 yard range is pretty hard to find tho.
There's no sense in having a 50BMG if you can't shoot that far. I have a 1000yd range nearby, but the OHNG doesn take kindly to just showing up and shooting.

There's no sense in having a 50BMG if you can't shoot that far. I have a 1000yd range nearby, but the OHNG doesn take kindly to just showing up and shooting.

Y'know, I've never bothered to check, but there's a range at the Natl Guard base nearby. Don't know if they let retirees use it or not.

We usually go out on hunting leases and shoot (I don't hunt just for clarification) just so we can get the distance. The local ranges top out at 200 yds.

Y'know, I've never bothered to check, but there's a range at the Natl Guard base nearby. Don't know if they let retirees use it or not.
Which base?
Check with the texas rifle assn. I'll bet they hold matches there, as 1000yd ranges are hard to come by.

We usually go out on hunting leases and shoot (I don't hunt just for clarification) just so we can get the distance. The local ranges top out at 200 yds.
I've noticed that a large number of people -- especially hunters -- are amazed at how far you can shoot accurately with iron sights. Hunters wouldnt think of taking a shot at 200yds w/o a scope, but highpower shooters -start- at 200yds.

Certainly, this too shall find its way into the hands gang-bangers, school shooters and cop killers everywhere!!

ar50big.jpg

http://www.50bmgstore.com/ar5050bmg-2.htm

Would someone please tell me why this gun should be banned?

I think that I changed my mind, If I can have fully functional hand grenades, bazookas, rocket-launchers, land lines, cannons, and a stash of 70 fully-automatic machine guns, I have no objection to your having that gun. Oh. By the way, I was treated for severe depression a few years ago I feel a little bit edgy today. I think that I should get back on my medication but hey, I have never been convicted of a felony yet so I can still have all those weapons (provided that I can afford them), right?

I think that I changed my mind, If I can have fully functional hand grenades, bazookas, rocket-launchers, land lines, cannons, and a stash of 70 fully-automatic machine guns, I have no objection to your having that gun.
Wait... I think I hear a broken record playing... :cuckoo:

Were you going to tell us why this gun should be banned, or not?

Wait... I think I hear a broken record playing... :cuckoo:

Were you going to tell us why this gun should be banned, or not?

Honestly, I don’t know enough about this particular gun to make a judgement. Also, I agree that my post is somewht repatative. I’m simply trying to repeat the point that so much is relative. I think that even you acquesed that under certain circumstances, the general public citizenry will make “common sence” decisions or limitations with respect to the 2nd amendment.

I think that I changed my mind, If I can have fully functional hand grenades, bazookas, rocket-launchers, land lines, cannons, and a stash of 70 fully-automatic machine guns, I have no objection to your having that gun. Oh. By the way, I was treated for severe depression a few years ago I feel a little bit edgy today. I think that I should get back on my medication but hey, I have never been convicted of a felony yet so I can still have all those weapons (provided that I can afford them), right?

by all means.. ENJOY them! If you act irresponsibly then you will be dealt with. Who knows.. maybe some good ole Ted Nugent living will do you good and cler up that depression of yours!

:eusa_whistle:

Thanks for the information. The gun just looked menacing. Okay. So I don’t know that much about guns. Based on what you told me, I think that it should not be banned.

thankfully, "looking" big and evil to some is not a valid reason to mute the second amendment in some arbitrary opinion on "common sense"

Thanks for the information. The gun just looked menacing. Okay. So I don’t know that much about guns. Based on what you told me, I think that it should not be banned.

The gun just looked menacing

Otherwise, knows as a "penis extender".

some guys need to "compensate", by driving big ass F-350 pickups, and having guns that look like this. :lol:

Eventually, if we allow the government to regulate this issue, this:

naa09.jpg

won't even be allowed anymore.

As long as we allow the government to take what they want, they'll never STOP. You give those bastards an inch, and they'll take a mile. And then more. And MORE.

Which base?
Check with the texas rifle assn. I'll bet they hold matches there, as 1000yd ranges are hard to come by.

I've noticed that a large number of people -- especially hunters -- are amazed at how far you can shoot accurately with iron sights. Hunters wouldnt think of taking a shot at 200yds w/o a scope, but highpower shooters -start- at 200yds.

From 500m in, I have never used anything but iron sights.

Forum List

Back