Another American Beheaded

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...6&e=11&u=/nm/20040807/ts_nm/iraq_beheading_dc

Web Site Shows Video of American in Iraq Beheaded

8 minutes ago

DUBAI (Reuters) - A group linked to al Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has beheaded an American hostage in Iraq (news - web sites) and posted a video of the killing on a Web Site Saturday.

"My name is Benjamin Ford. I am from San Francisco, California," said the young man dressed in a plain beige T-shirt as he sat on a chair. "We need to leave this country right now. If we don't, everyone is gonna be killed in this way," he said.

The video then showed him being beheaded.

Looks like its a hoax.

yahoo link

The American, Benjamin Vanderford, reached by The Associated Press in San Francisco, said he videotaped the staged beheading at his friend's house using fake blood.

Vanderford, 22, said he began distributing the video on the Internet months ago in hopes of drawing attention to his one-time campaign for city supervisor. When his political aspirations waned, he thought the video would serve as social commentary.

"It was part of a stunt, but no one noticed it up until now," Vanderford said. "I did this for a couple of reasons. One is to attract attention. But two is to just make a statement on these type of videos and how easily they can be faked."

On the tape, Vanderford, 22, sat on a chair in a dark room, his hands behind his back, trembling and rocking back and forth. The tape showed a hand with a knife cutting at the motionless man's neck, but did not show any militants.

"We need to leave this country alone. We need to stop this occupation," he said on the video, adding that he had been offered for exchange with prisoners in Iraq. "Everyone's going to be killed this way."

Forum List

Back