Another Airbus Bites The Dirt

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Yes, another Airbus A320.

Yes, like the one that tried to cream a mountain in Europe and failed.

Air Canada plane makes hard landing short of Halifax runway - Houston Chronicle

But this one was in Canada.

"HALIFAX, Nova Scotia (AP) — An Air Canada plane made a hard landing short of the runway at the Halifax airport during a snowstorm, crashing into a bank of antennas and shearing off its main landing gear, nose cone, and an engine as it skidded on its belly, officials said. The airline said Sunday that 25 people were taken to hospitals for observation and treatment of minor injuries."

"The airline said Flight AC624, an Airbus 320 that left Toronto late Saturday, had 133 passengers and five crew members. Air Canada said the aircraft landed in stormy conditions at 12:43 a.m. Sunday."

More than ever: "If it ain't Boeing - I ain't going!"

"This was not a hard landing. This was an actual crash," said Mike Magnus, a 60-year-old businessman who was sitting in the first row. "It was the closest I've ever came to death. There is no doubt in my mind. Obviously that's some political maneuvering."

Antennas?? :ack-1:

Any casualties?

What's the point here Henry? You have some grudge against Airbus? You think they should be able to control the weather?

ScratchHead.gif

Any casualties?

What's the point here Henry? You have some grudge against Airbus? You think they should be able to control the weather?

ScratchHead.gif
They should be able to control their landing don't you think? Airbus makes the planes decisions take precidence over the pilots. Boeing puts pilot input ahead of the computer. Your best chance at living is keeping the pilot in control.

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif
They should be able to control their landing don't you think? Airbus makes the planes decisions take precidence over the pilots. Boeing puts pilot input ahead of the computer. Your best chance at living is keeping the pilot in control.

Uh -- where do you get this idea? :cuckoo:

MM, with the exception of the pilot on the German Wings plane last week. :eek-52:

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif

Uh -- where do you get this idea? :cuckoo:
I get this idea through interest and research. Look into what happened on the Air France flight that flew into the ocean. The pilot was trying to bring the aircraft back to level, a new trainee was thinking he was doing that but was in fact doing the opposite. There was no common control synchronization so each person knew what the other was doing. So the planes computers decided to average the inputs and flew into the ocean. Boeing doesn't make planes that way. Would that have prevented this plane from going into the Alps? Probably not since pilot input would have arrived at the same mountain. But it makes me think of things beyond that. Such as why would anyone program a planes computers to ignore pilot input to below sea level? Wouldn't the most common sense thing in programming a computer to fly a plane be not to fly below sea level? That would seem to be something nearly world wide to be bad. And then you are going to program a flight computer to not recognize it has just received a command that based on it's GPS locators is heading into the Alps and is supposed to drop to 200 feet? Why would that even be a programmable and accepted command? The computer takes over at the worst times and then does something so fucking stupid in normal times it's hard to follow the logic.

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif
According to a linked news update posted on flightaware.com, no serious injuries reported. 50 people were taken to hospital for treatment of mostly cuts and contusions.
The Airbus Model 320 was heavily damaged.

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif
According to a linked news update posted on flightaware.com, no serious injuries reported. 50 people were taken to hospital for treatment of mostly cuts and contusions.

I know. I was referring to the antennas.
Henry and I are both from radio. It was an inside joke.

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif

I worked in radio as well. If that's what you mean....Or was it the technical/engineering side of which you write?

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif

I worked in radio as well. If that's what you mean....Or was it the technical/engineering side of which you write?

Both actually -- I've done everything there is in radio except ad sales, but that's really not radio anyway.
I have a special fascination for antennas. I just hate to see one go down. All that work.

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif

It's good to know you aren't to be taken seriously. I thought you had a point to make earlier in the thread but I guess not.

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif

It's good to know you aren't to be taken seriously. I thought you had a point to make earlier in the thread but I guess not.

Actually Henry has the point to make, which he has yet to essplain. I mean I guess he does, since he created this strange thread.

We sit and we wait.
Like an uncued cart machine...

(again, Henry will get that...)

Any casualties?

ScratchHead.gif

Actually Henry has the point to make, which he has yet to essplain. I mean I guess he does, since he created this strange thread.

We sit and we wait.
Like an uncued cart machine...

(again, Henry will get that...)
So you're blaming your failed posts on Henry? I'm sure he appreciates that.

It's not my failed thread. It's Henry's.

I'm sure he appreciates us pointing it out though.

What's this got to do with Airbus?
The one last week was nut of a co-pilot who crashed on purpose.
WHAT? You mean to tell me that this screaming headline to one of the first threads was just total bullshit??

Was the Killer Co-Pilot a Member of the German Tea Party?

And another thread which apparently was deleted blamed a WHITE CHRISTIAN PILOT for the crash. Turns out the crash was caused by the co-pilot who had critical mental issues, undetected by the airline.
Of course both of these threads were started by the geniuses claiming to be dimocrats.

Forum List

Back