Another 57 States moment, Who taught Obama about Hanukkah?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
In another 57 states move, apparently totally clueless about the traditions of Hanukkah, our downgraded President light all 8 candles at once and weeks early

Who taught Obama about Hanukkah?

Khalid Monsour?

His uncle that liberated Auschwitz?

2011-12-08T235525Z_23499544_GM1E7C90M9V01_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA.JPG

Getting into the holiday spirit Obama was brimming with jokes and good wishes. "We’re jumping the gun just a little bit," he noted. "The way I see it, we’re just extending the holiday spirit. We're stretching it out. But we do have to be careful that your kids don’t start thinking Hanukkah lasts 20 nights instead of eight."

Obama seemed particularly jovial as he said, "So while it is not yet Hanukkah, let’s give thanks for our blessings, for being together to celebrate this wonderful holiday season. And we never need an excuse for a good party." He later noted, "We can't wait to give you a hug and a kiss and wish you a happy holiday."

From that ultra-liberal, anti-semetic rag ynet:
Obama celebrates Hanukkah in White House - Israel News, Ynetnews

Getting into the holiday spirit Obama was brimming with jokes and good wishes. "We’re jumping the gun just a little bit," he noted. "The way I see it, we’re just extending the holiday spirit. We're stretching it out. But we do have to be careful that your kids don’t start thinking Hanukkah lasts 20 nights instead of eight."

Obama seemed particularly jovial as he said, "So while it is not yet Hanukkah, let’s give thanks for our blessings, for being together to celebrate this wonderful holiday season. And we never need an excuse for a good party." He later noted, "We can't wait to give you a hug and a kiss and wish you a happy holiday."

From that ultra-liberal, anti-semetic rag ynet:
Obama celebrates Hanukkah in White House - Israel News, Ynetnews

Will Obama be celebrating Easter next week? How about July 4th sometime in January?
Frankly I think it's a little insulting. Like Hanukah will interfere with his vacation time or something so he'll push it where it fits his schedule. He is not celebrating anything. He is campaigning, as always.

In another 57 states move, apparently totally clueless about the traditions of Hanukkah, our downgraded President light all 8 candles at once and weeks early

Khalid Monsour?

You do know that Hanukkah is a relatively minor Jewish holiday right? You also know that a recent poll in Israel ranks President Obama pretty favorably..right?

Khalid Monsour?

You do know that Hanukkah is a relatively minor Jewish holiday right? You also know that a recent poll in Israel ranks President Obama pretty favorably..right?
It's not relatively minor in the American scene. If it were minor, Obama wouldn't be lighing a menorah. What does he do for Sukkos?
Fortunately Israelis can't vote here.

Khalid Monsour?

It's not relatively minor in the American scene. If it were minor, Obama wouldn't be lighing a menorah. What does he do for Sukkos?

It's not minor "on the American" scene..because it's close to Christmas. It's Christians that elevated the holiday.

Khalid Monsour?

All my ex's live in Texas...UH Kansas

It's not minor "on the American" scene..because it's close to Christmas. It's Christians that elevated the holiday.

More accurately, it was because a lot of Jewish kids got upset that the goyim were getting presents, and they weren't.

More accurately, it was because a lot of Jewish kids got upset that the goyim were getting presents, and they weren't.

Not sure how this factored into it. Maybe..maybe not. But it's sure a boon to private industry..

2 holidays..for the price of one. :lol:

Khalid Monsour?

I used to know Bob Probert, a while ago. It's interesting that you have a gif of him as your avatar.

Are all Obama's advisors as dense as he is? He is amazing. There had to be political reason for this act. Don't think he'll get many votes from the Jews...Chritstians either for that matter.

Khalid Monsour?

and last i checked, chanukah is about two weeks away... i've been going to holiday parties for the last two weeks...

so really, who cares???? they'll do the lighting same as they always do.

whining idiots...

but i do appreciate all the non-jewish people feeling our pain. :cuckoo:

Are all Obama's advisors as dense as he is? He is amazing. There had to be political reason for this act. Don't think he'll get many votes from the Jews...Chritstians either for that matter.

Ed Koch..who you probably don't know..has endorsed Obama and is campaigning for him in Florida. That in itself is huge in the Jewish community. And the vote against the Palestinian state was a big crowd pleaser. He will do well among Jews, who are largely liberal.

The group he won't do so well with is White Evangelical Christians..who are largely do not like those outside their group.

Khalid Monsour?

I used to know Bob Probert, a while ago. It's interesting that you have a gif of him as your avatar.
Definitely sad how he went. I like the way he played the game.

Ed Koch..who you probably don't know..has endorsed Obama and is campaigning for him in Florida. That in itself is huge in the Jewish community. And the vote against the Palestinian state was a big crowd pleaser. He will do well among Jews, who are largely liberal.

The group he won't do so well with is White Evangelical Christians..who are largely do not like those outside their group.

what you're hearing are neocons and evangelicals on their continued obama derangement ride.... but they weren't going to vote for him anyway.

you're correct, though. most jews, while they may have some issues with him, really know that though he and netanyahu really seem to dislike each other, it hasn't really affected policy... since our policies as a whole haven't changed. but that actually requires rational thought. also, most jews aren't going to vote for someone who's anti-choice, anti social security, anti medicare, anti health care reform, anti-education, anti-environment, anti-global warming, and so on and so on...

and the GOP base refuses to nominate someone who isn't those things.

what you're hearing are neocons and evangelicals on their continued obama derangement ride.... but they weren't going to vote for him anyway.

you're correct, though. most jews, while they may have some issues with him, really know that though he and netanyahu really seem to dislike each other, it hasn't really affected policy... since our policies as a whole haven't changed. but that actually requires rational thought. also, most jews aren't going to vote for someone who's anti-choice, anti social security, anti medicare, anti health care reform, anti-education, anti-environment, anti-global warming, and so on and so on...

I largely agree with you..but what I find annoying is that many in the Jewish community are "one issue people"..and that "issue" being Israel. Any sort of rational criticism of the state is immediately met with derision. It's like the Cubans in Florida ( Who are largely conservative ).

At some point the Israelis are going to have to deal with their neighbors. And it doesn't help that they have a de-facto apartheid state and are largely belligerent toward even the more moderate Arab states, like Jordan.

I largely agree with you..but what I find annoying is that many in the Jewish community are "one issue people"..and that "issue" being Israel. Any sort of rational criticism of the state is immediately met with derision. It's like the Cubans in Florida ( Who are largely conservative ).

At some point the Israelis are going to have to deal with their neighbors. And it doesn't help that they have a de-facto apartheid state and are largely belligerent toward even the more moderate Arab states, like Jordan.

rational criticism isn't shut down. anything that threatens the safety and security of israel IS.

and the minute someone uses the word "apartheid" in reference to israel, when there are 11 MUSLIM states, many of which wouldn't even let me enter the country, is what shuts down conversation.... because it shows the person speaking has an inherent hostility toward israel.

Khalid Monsour?

Degrading Jewish holiday to appease the Messiah?

rational criticism isn't shut down. anything that threatens the safety and security of israel IS.

and the minute someone uses the word "apartheid" in reference to israel, when there are 11 MUSLIM states, many of which wouldn't even let me enter the country, is what shuts down conversation.... because it shows the person speaking has an inherent hostility toward israel.

I have no "hostility" toward Israel. However..if they continue on this pariah course in the Middle East..the US should de-couple itself from that State.

Israel largely ignores UN resolutions, has killed US citizens and spies on this country. They also have nukes. Any other country doing those things would be in the North Korea column of US support.

Forum List

Back