Another 4 years of the failed Bush energy policy

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Bush's energy policy....

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Measure Title: A bill to ensure jobs for our future with secure, affordable, and reliable energy.

Alphabetical by Senator Name Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Allard (R-CO), Yea
Allen (R-VA), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Nay
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Nay
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burns (R-MT), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Nay
Chafee (R-RI), Nay
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Nay
Coburn (R-OK), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Coleman (R-MN), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Corzine (D-NJ), Nay
Craig (R-ID), Yea
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
Dayton (D-MN), Yea
DeMint (R-SC), Yea
DeWine (R-OH), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Nay
Dole (R-NC), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Nay
Feinstein (D-CA), Nay
Frist (R-TN), Yea
Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Nay
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Jeffords (I-VT), Nay
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Nay
Kerry (D-MA), Nay
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Nay
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Nay
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lott (R-MS), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Martinez (R-FL), Nay
McCain (R-AZ), Nay
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Nay
Nelson (D-FL), Nay
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Obama (D-IL), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Nay
Reid (D-NV), Nay
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Salazar (D-CO), Yea
Santorum (R-PA), Yea
Sarbanes (D-MD), Nay
Schumer (D-NY), Nay
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Sununu (R-NH), Nay
Talent (R-MO), Yea
Thomas (R-WY), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea
Warner (R-VA), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Nay

Interesting considering....
http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecr...rgy_policy_spills_over_onto_Capitol_Hill.html

"John McCain's plan to simply drill our way out of our energy crisis is the same misguided approach backed by President Bush that has failed our families for too long and only serves to benefit the big oil companies," Obama spokesman Hari Sevugan told the Washington Post on Tuesday.

Hmm...but isn't it Obama who voted for President Bush's energy policy?

Last edited:
can you link me up to the 8 years of clinton's and al global warming gores successful energy plan and all the thing s that were undone by shrub and darth cheeny

So is this the same energy bill that the Oil Companies helped bush create?......NICE.....:clap2:

can you link me up to the 8 years of clinton's and al global warming gores successful energy plan and all the thing s that were undone by shrub and darth cheeny

You mean the Shrub/Cheyney SECRET ENERGY PLAN?

No, we can't.

Perhaps you should ask Cheyney to tell us what the secret plan was.

Personally, I think we're living out that secret plan RIGHT NOW.

How's it working out for us?

The reason we're in the fix we're in right now is because since 1981, all new exploration has been illegal, and you can thank the democrats who are beholding to the envirowhackos for that, not to mention the gutless repubs who have been absent in the fight to take the dems on and open exploration up.

People are sick of it though, every time they dish out $100 to fill their tanks, they're wondering why that is, and when they find out it's the dems fault, I hope they start voting dems out of office, starting with sending hussein down the road. Put that little fucker in the White House and you can plan on $10 a gallon gas.

HAHAHA!

yea sure, dude.. it SURE WILL be the dems that people think of this side of your presidential clusterfuck.

300_bush-saudi.jpg

HAHAHA!

yea sure, dude.. it SURE WILL be the dems that people think of this side of your presidential clusterfuck.

So Bush begging the Saudis to pump more oil has got what to do with the fact that the dems have obstructed drilling here in America for the last thirty years?

Your spin isn't workin' sho... it's hollow and irrelevant. Had we been able to drill for our own oil here Bush wouldn't HAVE to beg the Saudis.

Your effort is worth more than what you're sayin'.

Last edited:
Please, tell me more about SPIN while trying to pass some bullshit "they wont let us drill" crap off on the dems.

I mean, ITS NOT LIKE YOU TOTALLY DOMINATED THE LAST 8 FUCKING YEARS OF AMERICAN POLITICS AND COULD HAVE HAD IT IF YOUR PONY WERENT IN THE POCKET OF A SAUDI FUCKING ARABIAN.

Please, tell me more about SPIN while trying to pass some bullshit "they wont let us drill" crap off on the dems.

I mean, ITS NOT LIKE YOU TOTALLY DOMINATED THE LAST 8 FUCKING YEARS OF AMERICAN POLITICS AND COULD HAVE HAD IT IF YOUR PONY WERENT IN THE POCKET OF A SAUDI FUCKING ARABIAN.

"They won't let us drill" isn't spin... it's the truth. Sorry it pisses you off that it's the democraps fault we're so dependent on foreign oil, when we COULD have had our own flowing.

again, it doesn't piss me off to watch you DESPERATELY gnash your teeth while knowing that your failure over the last 8 years is why you won't be getting anyone elected THIS year. Face it. Your presidential pony screwed you (and the anti-abortionists.. but thats a whole other funny joke) and your only recourse is to illogically blame dems despite having near total power for two presidential terms. Truly, this is both hilarious and sad.

It's no more the dems fault than serin gas is the phantom WMDs wer invaded a nation to find. Your own incompetence is what you should be blaming, dude...

but, good luck with this bullshit. don't shoot anyone when you find how little it helps your chances this year.

again, it doesn't piss me off to watch you DESPERATELY gnash your teeth while knowing that your failure over the last 8 years is why you won't be getting anyone elected THIS year. Face it. Your presidential pony screwed you (and the anti-abortionists.. but thats a whole other funny joke) and your only recourse is to illogically blame dems despite having near total power for two presidential terms. Truly, this is both hilarious and sad.

It's no more the dems fault than serin gas is the phantom WMDs wer invaded a nation to find. Your own incompetence is what you should be blaming, dude...

but, good luck with this bullshit. don't shoot anyone when you find how little it helps your chances this year.

Holy shit man... what the fuck are you smoking... how do you get from, it's the dems fault for high gas prices because of the decades of obstruction and denial to explore and drill our own oil to WMD and bush hatred syndrome and personal attacks? Are you all there? Fuck... get a grip.

"They won't let us drill" isn't spin... it's the truth. Sorry it pisses you off that it's the democraps fault we're so dependent on foreign oil, when we COULD have had our own flowing.

How you like dese apples?

Mr. Bush’s father, the first President Bush, signed an executive order in 1990 banning coastal oil exploration, and Mr. Bush’s brother Jeb was an outspoken opponent of offshore drilling when he was governor of Florida.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/18/washington/18drill.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Old man bush and Jeb were part of the problem, but that was also back when gas was $1.25 a gallon. Lay blame where blame is due. That far from exuses the dems.

I am not sure that I agree with offshore drilling and I am against drilling in ANWAR, so I am not sure that I would lay the blame anywhere. However, it appears that it is inappropriate to lay the blame at the foot of either party, since if there is blame to be laid, both parties were complicit.

I am not sure that I agree with offshore drilling and I am against drilling in ANWAR, so I am not sure that I would lay the blame anywhere. However, it appears that it is inappropriate to lay the blame at the foot of either party, since if there is blame to be laid, both parties were complicit.

One is more to blame than the other, and it's worth pointing out, because they continue to obstruct and deny exploration and new drilling to this day... namely the democraps.

One is more to blame than the other, and it's worth pointing out, because they continue to obstruct and deny exploration and new drilling to this day... namely the democraps.

Perhaps you are right that the Democrats are more to blame that additional drilling hasn't occurred. However, the ban on offshore drilling took place in 1982. Since then (according to my rough calculations), we have had 18 years of Republican presidents and 8 years of Democratic presidents. We have also had 12 years of Republican congressional control and 14 years of Democratic congressional control. During only 8 years did one party control both the Presidency and the Congress. That includes 6 year of full Republican control (2000-2006) and 2 years of full Democratic control (1992-1994).

What do these figures make of your argument (which may nonetheless be correct)?

Forum List

Back