Anonymous rape complaints for PA colleges

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Sort of a stupid law signed by the Commonwealth's 4th Rate governor IMHO.

What's there to "investigate" if the alleged victim won't come forward? If some dean comes up to a student and says "We have an anonymous complaint that you are a serial rapist", all the student has to say "not true" or "I respectfully exercise my 5th Amendment right to not self-incriminate".

And if someone is guilty of Rape, they shouldn't be sent home from school- they need to be send to the Penitentiary or the Chain Gang.

Gov. Wolf Signs Law Giving Pennsylvania Colleges, Universities Year To Develop Online Sex Assault Reporting Systems

Did you even read it?

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania’s colleges and universities have a year to develop online, anonymous reporting systems to receive complaints about sexual assault from students and employees. Gov. Tom Wolf, appearing with the law’s backers in the It’s On Us campaign, said Monday that the law he signed is the first of its kind in the nation.

“I want to make sure that everybody in the United States and in the world knows that, if you come to college or universities in Pennsylvania, this is a place that you can feel free of the threat of sexual violence,” Wolf told a news conference in his offices.

Did you even read it?

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania’s colleges and universities have a year to develop online, anonymous reporting systems to receive complaints about sexual assault from students and employees. Gov. Tom Wolf, appearing with the law’s backers in the It’s On Us campaign, said Monday that the law he signed is the first of its kind in the nation.

“I want to make sure that everybody in the United States and in the world knows that, if you come to college or universities in Pennsylvania, this is a place that you can feel free of the threat of sexual violence,” Wolf told a news conference in his offices.

Actually, I did read it.

And I don't see how this legislation helps in the least with the apparent pandemic of Rape of Pennsylvania college campuses. An anonymous complaint isn't enough to imprison anyone in the Commonwealth, and college officials don't have that power anyhow.

The money would be better spent on Special Victims Units in counties with large college campuses. Resolve the cases, get the perps into the penitentiary.

One thing you don't want to do is to send the rapists back to the community where they can attack people's sisters, wives and mothers.

If there's battery involved in the rape, they should hang. Why take up prison space?

Sort of a stupid law signed by the Commonwealth's 4th Rate governor IMHO.

What's there to "investigate" if the alleged victim won't come forward? If some dean comes up to a student and says "We have an anonymous complaint that you are a serial rapist", all the student has to say "not true" or "I respectfully exercise my 5th Amendment right to not self-incriminate".

And if someone is guilty of Rape, they shouldn't be sent home from school- they need to be send to the Penitentiary or the Chain Gang.

Gov. Wolf Signs Law Giving Pennsylvania Colleges, Universities Year To Develop Online Sex Assault Reporting Systems

Do not send your sons to college or university in PA

Simple as that

Forum List

Back