Anonymous & Fake Media Standards.

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Gee, you ever wonder why Fake News is considered Fake?

Journalism ethics and standards - Wikipedia

While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability, as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public.[1][2][3][4]

Like many broader ethical systems, journalism ethics include the principle of "limitation of harm". This often involves the withholding of certain details from reports such as the names of minor children, crime victims' names or information not materially related to particular news reports release of which might, for example, harm someone's reputation.[5][6]

I'll be sure to tune in next week for part two of this thrilling thread, where we get the next clue as to what its point is.

:4_13_65:

Gee, you ever wonder why Fake News is considered Fake?

Journalism ethics and standards - Wikipedia

While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability, as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public.[1][2][3][4]

Like many broader ethical systems, journalism ethics include the principle of "limitation of harm". This often involves the withholding of certain details from reports such as the names of minor children, crime victims' names or information not materially related to particular news reports release of which might, for example, harm someone's reputation.[5][6]

With the rise of the internet, many online websites don't bother with this sort of thing at all.

Newspapers have always been biased, and some have lied a little. But they've always maintained some sort of standard.

I'll be sure to tune in next week for part two of this thrilling thread, where we get the next clue as to what its point is.

:4_13_65:

It's okay Pogo, no one ever expects you to get the point...:itsok:

I bought a Sunday newspaper today (because my phone died, forgot to charge it) and it was $4 damn bucks...guess they have to start faking it to compete.

I bought a Sunday newspaper today (because my phone died, forgot to charge it) and it was $4 damn bucks...guess they have to start faking it to compete.

$4 bucks, forget it..

I cut grass, delivered newspapers and shopped for little old folks as a kid, I haven't seen a paperboy or a grass cutting kid in years and my best friends are little old folks... lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back