Anonymous declares 'cyberwar' on Israel

So you think putting peoples lives at risk is cool do you. Shows just how much of an ISLAMONAZI JEW HATING ANTISEMITIC SCUMBAG you are. I wonder how you would feel if the same group did this to your bank account and wiped it out ?

Like Israel did to the Palestinians in 1948.

Oh my word. Israel hacked 'Palestinians'' bank accounts in 1948. Your comments are more idiotic by the day.

Of course not. they used the technology of the time.

Guns.

(CNN) -- In the digital age, war isn't contained to the ground.
The Israeli government on Sunday said it has been hit with more than 44 million cyberattacks since it began aerial strikes on Gaza last week. Anonymous, the hacker collective, claimed responsibility for taking down some sites and leaking passwords because of what it calls Israel's "barbaric, brutal and despicable treatment" of Palestinians.

Anonymous declares 'cyberwar' on Israel - CNN.com
I'm sure Israel is scared. Wait till Israel declares war on anonymous.

Excellent. To attack them, Israel will have to attack the whole world.
That'd be nice.

Not really just the members who they know about, or the organisation they are defending and supporting. Once they realise that more people will be killed for their acts of cyber terrorism they will stop. So a half hearted effort by Mossad to take out as many hamas leaders as possible, along with their human shields would put the blood of hundreds on the hands of anonymous.

So expect retaliation in the form of EMP pulses wiping out all systems in gaza as the first step.

Even when I approve of what Anonomous does they make me nervous.

NO accountability to ANYONE, folks.

That's not a formula for good government or a sane society, either.

They are accountable to their own minds, and when they realise their attacks will cost hundreds of lives they will be unable to live with their actions.

Politicians have been vocal about the threat of cyber-attacks...
:eusa_eh:
Are we really facing cyberwar?
4 March 2013 - A few weeks ago I was standing by a railway track in the small town of Gaithersburg in Maryland as a CSX freight train blasted through the level crossing; its horn blaring and bells sounding out a warning.
Passengers may have largely deserted America's rails but freight trains remain vital to America's economic well-being. Like most other pieces of modern infrastructure the railways are controlled by complex digital systems. And there are growing fears that these computers could fall prey to cyber-attack, as could all the other electronic support systems on which modern society now depends. Last year the then US defence secretary Leon Panetta spoke of the possibility of a possible "digital Pearl Harbor"; a massive attack that might target US transport infrastructure and utilities.

Just a few weeks ago in his State of the Union address President Barack Obama added his own warning. "We know hackers steal people's identities and infiltrate private emails," he said. "We know foreign countries and companies swipe our corporate secrets," he went on, "now our enemies are also seeking the ability to sabotage our power grid, our financial institutions, our air traffic control systems."

Key services

Hundreds of private companies are springing up to respond to the possibility of a digital doomsday. The stakes are high as Shawn Henry told me. "Other than a weapon of mass destruction going off in a major city," he says, "the cyber-threat is one of the most significant challenges that we face." Mr Henry is a former executive assistant director of the FBI - he was responsible for its cyber-investigations worldwide. He is now president of Crowdstrike, a company which helps firms protect against hackers. "Everything we do day-to-day relies on cyber-communications," he said. "All of our data that's being pushed to the network or financial services sector, our critical infrastructure, our electric power grid, our water systems. "We know with certainty that there are groups that are actively seeking to target and harm the western world through attacks on the cyber-network. "If that happens I think we are going to suffer some significant consequences."

Hurricane Katrina in 2005 showed how quickly a sophisticated society can start to break down once key services are destroyed. The Secretary of Homeland Security at the time of the hurricane, Michael Chertoff, told me that the threat from cyber-attack is very real. He said: "Even now as we speak there are millions of attacks every day on infrastructure, simply stealing information or stealing intellectual property. "Now, the same capability that allows somebody to do that is a capability that allows someone to be destructive. So yes it is a distinct possibility that systems that are connected to the internet, if they control operations, could be damaged or destroyed."

Cyber City

They are as threatening as any terrorist attack and could very easily cause many deaths through their inability to understand what they ar4e doing. Say they decide that nuclear energy was wrong and closed down a reactors water supply, how many people could be murdered through their actions. Or they disrupted the power supplies to a major hospital killing those people on life support and undergoing surgery. Time for the UN and the worlds powers to declare cyber attacks terrorism and any cyber terrorists will face execution when caught.

The Israeli government on Sunday said it has been hit with more than 44 million cyberattacks since it began aerial strikes on Gaza last week. Anonymous, the hacker collective, claimed responsibility for taking down some sites and leaking passwords because of what it calls Israel's "barbaric, brutal and despicable treatment" of Palestinians.

Says who?

Anonymous, the hacker collective, claimed responsibility for taking down some sites and leaking passwords because of what it calls Israel's "barbaric, brutal and despicable treatment" of Palestinians.

Anyone can declare themselves to be Anonymous.

This could be any government, it could be Palestinians, it could be ANYONE.

Even when I approve of what Anonomous does they make me nervous.

NO accountability to ANYONE, folks.

That's not a formula for good government or a sane society, either.

And its usually not all of Anonymous, because by definition there is no real hirarchy. someone decides to do something, says they are "Anonymous, then goes back to posting trap pictures on \b\.

I think anybody who thinks they can't outsmart Israel when it comes to the web and hacking is smoking Saudi Arabian camel dung hashish. LOL

I think anybody who thinks they can't outsmart Israel when it comes to the web and hacking is smoking Saudi Arabian camel dung hashish. LOL

You are underestimating Israel's expertise, I don't think just anyone can outsmart Israel when it comes to the web. They would have to have at least some talent like that Anonymous lot.

You are underestimating Israel's expertise, I don't think just anyone can outsmart Israel when it comes to the web. They would have to have at least some talent like that Anonymous lot.

For all you know the people working for Israel could be members of anonymous, or the people that trained the new kids on the block

Hee hee. What an ignoramus. Israel is the center and cutting edge of the high tech industry, all the major companies, IBM, Apple, Intel etc. have their R and D divisions in Israel.

In other words, when it comes to brains, talent, creativity, ingenuity, and can do attitude, Israel has it all. Anonymous types are laughed at in Israel they aren't fit to shine Israelis shoes. Or should we revisit how Israel's cyber warfare was able to hack into Iran's nuclear program and set it back at least three years. You are in over your head, isn't there an adult night school for uneducated ignorant folk in your neighborhood?

For all you know the people working for Israel could be members of anonymous, or the people that trained the new kids on the block
Ha ha. Exactly. Mossad probably has a few agents inside anonymous. You're right. I wouldn't be surprised.

That'd be nice.
Not really. Anonymous is limited the same as Israel on the methods and means of communications on the Internet. Given enough attacks, they'll expose themselves soon enough and then we'll see what happens. Will it be simple DDoS against Anonymous, or will live shells begin falling on their heads from the blue?

I'm going to pop some corn and wait.

That'd be nice.
Not really. Anonymous is limited the same as Israel on the methods and means of communications on the Internet. Given enough attacks, they'll expose themselves soon enough and then we'll see what happens. Will it be simple DDoS against Anonymous, or will live shells begin falling on their heads from the blue?

I'm going to pop some corn and wait.
Trust me...If Israel wanted to, it could bring anonymous down to its knees. It has bigger fish to fry than a bunch of amateur Internet bandits.

Forum List

Back