Announcement: I am sick of being STONED!!!!!!!!

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Hell week...so I have had an ear infection that tore my ear drum that turned into a cyst on the inside of my ear!!
On one of the Doctor visits they gave me a shot directly in the ear...holy Mother of God did that hurt!! Then they took a scalpel and scored the middle ear canal to relieve pressure.

So..I have been on constant pain killers for 8 straight days....I want to be normal again!!:uhoh3:

Hell week...so I have had an ear infection that tore my ear drum that turned into a cyst on the inside of my ear!!
On one of the Doctor visits they gave me a shot directly in the ear...holy Mother of God did that hurt!! Then they took a scalpel and scored the middle ear canal to relieve pressure.

So..I have been on constant pain killers for 8 straight days....I want to be normal again!!:uhoh3:
I hear ya. I hate that fog feeling.

Get well, soon.

Yikes, ear stuff is the WORST!

Thank god for modern medicine, people used to die pretty regularly of stuff like that.

Hugs...i know just how you feel. I blew both ear drumbs out one time...and it sucked! When he looked in my ears and said " oh my!" i knew i was in trouble..lol. I was more or less deaf for about a month... but it gets better.

Question... do you need the pain killers? The thing with pain killers is that they proactively dose you with meds to keep the pain under control....

The question i always have is how do you know you need the pain meds if you are taking them before you feel the pain?

If you dont need them to control your pain you may want to consider stopping them.

Hugs...i know just how you feel. I blew both ear drumbs out one time...and it sucked! When he looked in my ears and said " oh my!" i knew i was in trouble..lol. I was more or less deaf for about a month... but it gets better.

Question... do you need the pain killers? The thing with pain killers is that they proactively dose you with meds to keep the pain under control....

The question i always have is how do you know you need the pain meds if you are taking them before you feel the pain?

If you dont need them to control your pain you may want to consider stopping them.

Oh I definitely need them...I managed to go 5 hours between doses now, as long as I remain almost motionless after the 4th hour - I can take it.
I was popping two Lortabs plus 400mg of Ibuprofen every 3 hours for the first 6 days. Sucked.
My first 72 hours of this thing I only slept...maybe...4 hours at best.

Ouch. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I have bad ears myself but I have been lucky the past few years. Last time it was a huge something..not sure what. Zit maybe? Clogged pore? I kept a hot water bottle on it (it was not way inside my ear...just near the entrance but too far inside to actually see). And my ear swelled up really bad and I couldn't hear. Went to hospital and they gave me vicodins and penicillin. After a few days, whatever was in there popped. I heard it. Pressure immediately ceased and I was finally pain free.

I'd rather have leprosy than ear probs and vertigo. I HATE vertigo. Put there is a procedure you can do to fix it....found it on youtube but forgot what its called.

Hope you get better soon. I hear ya about the loaded part.

funny-pictures-kitten-doc.jpg

Oh I definitely need them...I managed to go 5 hours between doses now, as long as I remain almost motionless after the 4th hour - I can take it.
I was popping two Lortabs plus 400mg of Ibuprofen every 3 hours for the first 6 days. Sucked.

Bummer! I hope this gets better for you soon.

Ouch. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I have bad ears myself but I have been lucky the past few years. Last time it was a huge something..not sure what. Zit maybe? Clogged pore? I kept a hot water bottle on it (it was not way inside my ear...just near the entrance but too far inside to actually see). And my ear swelled up really bad and I couldn't hear. Went to hospital and they gave me vicodins and penicillin. After a few days, whatever was in there popped. I heard it. Pressure immediately ceased and I was finally pain free.

I'd rather have leprosy than ear probs and vertigo. I HATE vertigo. Put there is a procedure you can do to fix it....found it on youtube but forgot what its called.

Vertigo SUCKS!!

Vertigo SUCKS!!

For reals. I'd rather experience ANYTHING than vertigo. That's nasty shit to deal with.

Epley manuever. That's what it's called.

Bookmark for future reference, y'all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqokxZRbJfw&feature=related]‪Epley's maneuver‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

A few years ago I got an ear infection, and since I didn't have health insurance they just gave me some antibiotic. I wish they would have relieved pressure. LOL
It was so painful, and I was so happy when it finally ruptured. Of course I couldn't really hear for a month or two.
Hope you feel better.

A few years ago I got an ear infection, and since I didn't have health insurance they just gave me some antibiotic. I wish they would have relieved pressure. LOL
It was so painful, and I was so happy when it finally ruptured. Of course I couldn't really hear for a month or two.
Hope you feel better.
Get someone to blow a line in your ear next time:eek:. Just not too often as it can burn the skin.:cool:

If you have less pain by keeping as still as possible, try getting a neck brace. I've use one for major throat pain (which radiates to my left ear), which I'm being treated for now, and the brace forces me to be aware that I can't move my head, even slightly when the pain is fierce, or it makes it worse. The cost for a brace is about $12.00, usually not covered by insurance, but well worth it.

If the Rx meds are making you flaky and tired, there are many others your doc can try. I couldn't take Vicodin which put me in LaLa Land, but am doing well with pain management with Tramadol/Acetominephen (ironically which someone from this board recommended a while back).

Hang tough!

Normal??!! Never!!!!!!

If you're tired of the pain killers I'll take the left overs......... :eusa_whistle:
:lol:

Normal??!! Never!!!!!!

If you're tired of the pain killers I'll take the left overs......... :eusa_whistle:
:lol:

I'm holding on to all the Vicodin I couldn't take in anticipation for hard times. I should be able to get, what? $50 a pill? I've also considered keeping them if I ever decided to commit suicide, but I'd probably screw that up too. So I'm willing to let mine go to the highest bidder.

I don't like vicodin..it makes me itch and really doesn't do that much for pain for me. It also makes me exceedingly irritable.

Forum List

Back