Anne Frank's Holocaust

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Anyone watch it tonight?

Fascinatingly sad and depressing. So many died and suffered. So many KNEW and did nothing. So many that could have snuck some out but didn't. Not one guard or soldier had a soul. Not one even tried. None. Even if it meant their own death. And the towns nearby, knowing what was going on. Nobody except a scant few helped. Like Schindler and others brave enough to do what they could.

I still don't get it how such evil existed. Actually, then AND now.

Just horrific.

you didnt know such evil existed?

It's Ying and Yang on this planet.....I want to go back home far away from Earth, I just don't want to be on this planet anymore

I want to go closer to Our Eternal Father.

Like all of you will understand what I say LOL....

you didnt know such evil existed?

It's Ying and Yang on this planet.....I want to go back home far away from Earth, I just don't want to be on this planet anymore

I want to go closer to Our Eternal Father.

Like all of you will understand what I say LOL....
I understand what you are saying.

Anyone watch it tonight?

Fascinatingly sad and depressing. So many died and suffered. So many KNEW and did nothing. So many that could have snuck some out but didn't. Not one guard or soldier had a soul. Not one even tried. None. Even if it meant their own death. And the towns nearby, knowing what was going on. Nobody except a scant few helped. Like Schindler and others brave enough to do what they could.

I still don't get it how such evil existed. Actually, then AND now.

Just horrific.
The people didn't help because helping would most likely result in their own deaths or internment in the camps. They weren't all evil; most were terrified of the Nazi's.

Anyone watch it tonight?

Was it on National Geographic or something? I think I clicked on it for a few seconds....Didn't really watch. Just saw the 2015 attribution date and was doing math on whether AF's friend being interviewed would still be alive...yea, it computed I guess.

Replace 'holocaust' in the above post with 'blind, inhuman hate' and we might agree.

Then the holocaust cannot be put behind us, as we will need to be reminded.

Then the holocaust cannot be put behind us, as we will need to be reminded.

Oh, it'll certainly remain in the history books, much the same as any other human tragedy where millions of people have suffered or faced extermination (like under the Romans, during the Crusades or in the trenches during WWII). I just think it's counterproductive to give the Holocaust such disproportionate, emotionally-charged coverage. It happened, people suffered but now it's time to consign it to the history books and move on. Far more people were killed when Europeans conquered N. & S. America, but you don't see that all day, every day on the History Channel, do you?

The holocaust was conscious, educated, industrialized venom not on a par with the other examples cited.

New Topics

Forum List

Back