Ann says Mittens 'eyeing woman' as Veep

Would need to be someone with Congressional experience. Libby Dole, perhaps, whose husband is a Romney advisor. Or Kay Bailey Hutchinson who is retiring. It's the ole Boston-Austin axis thing again.
But picking a woman because she is a woman is just as sexist as not picking a woman because she is a woman.

I agree that picking a woman because she is a woman is sexist but candidates do it all the time now. In my opinion Obama never would have won if he was wasn't black. Palin never would have had the support she did if she wasn't a woman. Marc Rubio wouldn't be a blip on Romney's radar if he wasn't of Cuban decent.

The only "minority" in recent history that I can remember being viable off of his accomplishments alone was Colin Powell and he chose not to run when he had the chance.

Would need to be someone with Congressional experience. Libby Dole, perhaps, whose husband is a Romney advisor. Or Kay Bailey Hutchinson who is retiring. It's the ole Boston-Austin axis thing again.
But picking a woman because she is a woman is just as sexist as not picking a woman because she is a woman.

I agree that picking a woman because she is a woman is sexist but candidates do it all the time now. In my opinion Obama never would have won if he was wasn't black. Palin never would have had the support she did if she wasn't a woman. Marc Rubio wouldn't be a blip on Romney's radar if he wasn't of Cuban decent.

The only "minority" in recent history that I can remember being viable off of his accomplishments alone was Colin Powell and he chose not to run when he had the chance.

Colin Powell is a terrible example. In the military he had a report that would have gotten a white officer canned. He was known as "Reagan's favorite nig" and promoted because of it. He screwed up royally at State.
Rice is a good example though. She is a very smart and professional. I wouldnt want to see her as VP but no danger of that anyway.

Again I don't know Susana but you liked "President elect Newt." Sooo... sorry if I don't take your word on this chick. If Newt won the nod the Republican party would prolly have disbanded mid election during the GE due to inner party fighting.

My use of the term "President Elect Newt" was used merely to get a rise out of the rabid left. I would have never officially supported getting him into the white house, only in the fantasyland of Al Gore's internet would that occur.

Haha ok, well that's good to hear =D

The Role of Women in Mormonism

At age twelve, boys become members of the Aaronic, or lesser priesthood, and at nineteen become eligible for the Melchezedek, or higher priesthood. Members of either priesthood are higher authorities on everything than are non-members. Women are, of course, excluded from the priesthood. This practice in effect says that a woman's prepubescent son is more qualified to advise her than she is to advise him. The official explanation is that women are kept from having the priesthood because women are more spiritual than men, therefore, men need to have the priesthood to teach them how to be better people (Johnson 86). Women are also told that, because they have the all- important ability to bear children, men need the power of the priesthood merely to remain equal with them.

The most notorious example of Mormon treatment of women is, of course, the practice of polygamy. In early 1843, Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon church, announced to the press that, despite rumors to the contrary, the Latter-Day Saints did not practice polygamy and believed it was an abomination (Wallace 53). He spoke the truth as far as the vast majority of Mormons was concerned, for polygamy is expressly forbidden in the Book of Mormon. However, Joseph himself had been married to at least eleven women besides his legal wife by 1843. (Wallace 52). The first of these, in 1835, was a seventeen year old orphan who had been taken in by his wife, Emma Smith. Joseph apparently married all of these women without the knowledge of either his wife or his fellow Mormons (Wallace 52).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq_0riYAyC8&feature=related]Gaki no Tsukai - The Ass Game - YouTube[/ame]

The Role of Women in Mormonism

At age twelve, boys become members of the Aaronic, or lesser priesthood, and at nineteen become eligible for the Melchezedek, or higher priesthood. Members of either priesthood are higher authorities on everything than are non-members. Women are, of course, excluded from the priesthood. This practice in effect says that a woman's prepubescent son is more qualified to advise her than she is to advise him. The official explanation is that women are kept from having the priesthood because women are more spiritual than men, therefore, men need to have the priesthood to teach them how to be better people (Johnson 86). Women are also told that, because they have the all- important ability to bear children, men need the power of the priesthood merely to remain equal with them.

The most notorious example of Mormon treatment of women is, of course, the practice of polygamy. In early 1843, Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon church, announced to the press that, despite rumors to the contrary, the Latter-Day Saints did not practice polygamy and believed it was an abomination (Wallace 53). He spoke the truth as far as the vast majority of Mormons was concerned, for polygamy is expressly forbidden in the Book of Mormon. However, Joseph himself had been married to at least eleven women besides his legal wife by 1843. (Wallace 52). The first of these, in 1835, was a seventeen year old orphan who had been taken in by his wife, Emma Smith. Joseph apparently married all of these women without the knowledge of either his wife or his fellow Mormons (Wallace 52).

glad to see you go to such reliable sources[/sarcasm]

Forum List

Back