Ann Romney to critics: "Stop it. This is hard"

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
(CBS News) Amid ongoing criticism over the management of her husband's presidential campaign, Ann Romney on Thursday responded to the critics in an interview on Radio Iowa: "Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring," she said.

"This is hard and, you know, it's an important thing that we're doing right now and it's an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt's qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country," Romney said.

Even as conservative detractors escalate their critiques of how Mitt Romney has operated his bid for the presidency -- conservative journalist Peggy Noonan on Thursday called it a "rolling calamity" -- Ann Romney dismissed the negative appraisals.

"It's nonsense and the chattering class...you hear it and then you just let it go right by," she said. "Honestly, at this point, I'm not surprised by anything."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=121

Is she kidding??? Does Mrs. Romney remember how mean her husband was during the primaries to the other candidates?? Especially Newt Gingrich!!! But I guess that was okay.

Did she think this was going to be easy?? If she can't handle the campaign, how could she handle being first lady??? She is no Michelle Obama or Laura Bush.

Donor Claims Ann Romney Says Democrats Have Less Class Than Her Horse’s Hoof

Here’s what we’re told by a Romney champion and mega donor that Ann Romney allegedly said about Democrats:

“My horse has more style and more class in its hoof than they (Democrats) do in their whole deal.”

We’d like to know if this is really how Ann feels. Did she say this, or are her friends Lyn Paulsin and Georgette Mosbacher telling fibs? The sisters, by the way, are Romney mega donors who were at the RNC this year as they have been for the last 7 years. Lyn, who retold the Ann quote, also dated Rush Limbaugh. These are not partisan hacks retelling a gotcha story about Ann Romney. Rather, it appears to be yet another crack in the glass ceiling between the haves and the have nots. I’m sure they figured everyone feels like they do, so what’s the harm in sharing Ann’s delicious, if unbecoming (but who cares), take down of Democrats.

What’s with all of the hate, Romneys? If it didn’t sound so much like the Ann we’ve come to know (and indeed, the Ann we heard last night), we’d be a bit more hesitant.

And someone might want to explain to the Romneys that what they say matters and they will be held accountable for it. That is, after all, part of the job of President and First Lady. Language and diplomacy (or lack thereof) matter. Both Mitt and Ann have shown little to no comprehension of the age they are campaigning in, let alone the ability to stifle their meaner impulses for their public image.

Donor Claims Ann Romney Says Democrats Have Less Class Than Her Horse's Hoof

Mr. & Mrs. R are starting to creep me out!!! They are seriously a little strange. :lol:

Can't stand the heat.....stay out of the kitchen

(CBS News) Amid ongoing criticism over the management of her husband's presidential campaign, Ann Romney on Thursday responded to the critics in an interview on Radio Iowa: "Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring," she said.

"This is hard and, you know, it's an important thing that we're doing right now and it's an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt's qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country," Romney said.

Even as conservative detractors escalate their critiques of how Mitt Romney has operated his bid for the presidency -- conservative journalist Peggy Noonan on Thursday called it a "rolling calamity" -- Ann Romney dismissed the negative appraisals.

"It's nonsense and the chattering class...you hear it and then you just let it go right by," she said. "Honestly, at this point, I'm not surprised by anything."

Is she kidding??? Does Mrs. Romney remember how mean her husband was during the primaries to the other candidates?? Especially Newt Gingrich!!! But I guess that was okay.

Did she think this was going to be easy?? If she can't handle the campaign, how could she handle being first lady??? She is no Michelle Obama or Laura Bush.

Mrs. Romney and her husband are clearly in over their heads – sad, really.

The chattering class?

People of the romney's class are not jused to being questioned or criticized.

Now I see why Mitt said they wanted to use Ann as little as possible...

Last edited:
The chattering class?

People of the romney's class are not jused to being questioned or criticized.

Now I see why Mitt said they wanted to use Ann as little as possible...

Yes, in RomneyWorld everyone’s assigned to a class.

We belong to the ‘you people’ class.

Irony = classifying people in "RomneyWorld" as people who assign others to a class.

She won't have to worry about being first lady.

Perhaps.

But at least we won't miss watching Michell Obama spend tax payer money on Lavish vacations in Spain during the worst economic event since the Depression.

I'm surprised she can't draw on her checkered past--the hard scrabble life her and Willard had on the mean streets of Ann Arbor having to sell stock to get by. Pimpin' ain't easy.

Perhaps.

But at least we won't miss watching Michell Obama spend tax payer money on Lavish vacations in Spain during the worst economic event since the Depression.

Boo hoo .

Forum List

Back