Ann Romney supports business by buying

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
She appeared on one of the morning news shows wearing a t-shirt that cost $990. She said she was supporting business by buying it. She said the designer, Reed Krakoff (the President of Coach, Inc.) employs over 15,000 people in the US. They run nearly a million square feet of retail store space, and manufacture all their products in the US. She wants us to believe she contributes to a better and stronger US.

She lies.

"...Sara Lee divested itself of Coach first by selling 19.5% of their shares of Coach at the Coach IPO in October 2000, followed in April 2001 with the distribution of their remaining shares to Sara Lee’s stockholders through an exchange offer.

Coach Inc. has distribution, product development, and quality control operations in the United States, France, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong, China, and South Korea..."

Coach, Inc. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Understand this - I don't give a rats ass where she buys her clothes or who benefits from her largess. But why can't these people tell the truth about even ONE thing?

dredgesumcare.jpg

She appeared on one of the morning news shows wearing a t-shirt that cost $990. She said she was supporting business by buying it. She said the designer, Reed Krakoff (the President of Coach, Inc.) employs over 15,000 people in the US. They run nearly a million square feet of retail store space, and manufacture all their products in the US. She wants us to believe she contributes to a better and stronger US.

She lies.

"...Sara Lee divested itself of Coach first by selling 19.5% of their shares of Coach at the Coach IPO in October 2000, followed in April 2001 with the distribution of their remaining shares to Sara Lee’s stockholders through an exchange offer.

Coach Inc. has distribution, product development, and quality control operations in the United States, France, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong, China, and South Korea..."

Understand this - I don't give a rats ass where she buys her clothes or who benefits from her largess. But why can't these people tell the truth about even ONE thing?

Your twisted interpretation of this is what I consider free entertainment.
You libs get yourselves worked up over the most stupid God damned things.
Tell me. Why do you get so riled up over such trivialities?

Just as I expected. Its okay for Ann Romney to LIE because, after all, lying is what the Romney's do ...

BUT - Let our First Lady take a trip and the rw's come unglued.

HIP-OH-KRITS.

She lies.

How does the Red disprove the Green?

Can't both be true?

Are your fingernails sore from all the scraping?

:cuckoo:

Internal polling sucking so bad we're dragging up Ann Romey's shirt AGAIN. :lol:?

And Romney's not lying. But your OP is one big fat freaking lie. Tchhh tchhh.

Designer of Ann Romney’s $1K Shirt Says It’s Off The Rack

Emily Friedman

By Emily Friedman
@EmilyABC
Follow on Twitter
May 2, 2012 10:24am
Designer of Ann Romney’s $1K Shirt Says It’s Off The Rack

CHANTILLY, Va. — The fashion house that makes the nearly $1,000 blouse worn by Ann Romney on morning television earlier this week tells ABC News that they had nothing to do with the wardrobe choice, remarking that they’d prefer to stay out of politics.

“We had nothing to do with it,” a rep for designer Reed Krakoff said. “She must have bought it from Saks or Bergdorf’s, we definitely didn’t send it to her.”

“It’s 100 percent a Reed Krakoff shirt, but we 100 percent didn’t send it to her,” the rep added. ”We don’t get involved politically.”

The shirt, an item in the label’s 2012 Spring/Summer collection, retails for $990, and for those shopping, is called the “The Reed Audubon Silk Shirt.”

The price of the shirt was first reported by the style blog Stylite.com.

Mrs. Romney does not have a stylist, according to an aide with the Romney campaign, and is likely to have purchased the shirt on her own.

More at link. Put that giant L on your forehead luddly....

Designer of Ann Romney’s $1K Shirt Says It’s Off The Rack - ABC News

Last edited:

She lies.

I don't think you have a clue about Coach. They have world wide production facilities...

DRUM ROLL.....

because they have stores world freaking wide!!

:lol:

Check it out. It's huge.

6. Where else can I buy Coach products?

As of fiscal year end 2011 Coach was available at over 970 department store locations in the US, 211 international department stores, retail store and duty free shop locations in over 20 countries, 169 department store shop-in-shops and retail and factory store locations operated by Coach Japan, Inc. You can also purchase Coach products from our catalog, or on our website Coach Official Site.

7. What is Coach's geographical sales mix?
At year end fiscal 2011 net sales were as follows: The US represented approximately 70%, Japan represented 18% and other International, which reflects retail sales in China and Canada as well as shipments to third-party distributors primarily in East Asia, represented about 12%.

And this is very important.:eusa_whistle:

10. Where are Coach products made?
Coach product is handcrafted from the finest American and European hides and textiles. As of July 2, 2011, Coach’s products were assembled in nearly 70 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries including the US, Europe and Asia.

By using a global supply chain, we are able to deliver innovative products to our customers monthly and keep our price points approximately at half of those of the European luxury brands.

Coach, Inc. - Investor Relations - Frequently Asked Questions

Just as I expected. Its okay for Ann Romney to LIE because, after all, lying is what the Romney's do ...

BUT - Let our First Lady take a trip and the rw's come unglued.

HIP-OH-KRITS.

you forgot Michelle $540 dollar sneakers...:eusa_shhh:

to a food bank too...whoops...
deadhorse.gif

You beat me to it. Seriously, who complains about Ann Romney dressing to go on a news program after Michelle Obama handed at food to the poor while wearing $500.00 sneakers?

Detractors, excuses, a sign someone is grasping for acceptance, in their case forgiveness for gross incompetence.

Forum List

Back