Ann Romney Says Husband Has Deeply Principled Side No One Ever Sees In Public

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010

LA JOLLA, CA—Ann Romney, wife of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, said Monday that despite her husband's public image as a shameless opportunist with no convictions whatsoever, in private he displays a rare principled side that most people never get to see.

In a casual conversation with reporters at the couple's oceanfront home in California, Romney said her husband's many months on the campaign trail had caused some voters to develop a distorted view of her longtime partner, who she said actually possesses numerous core beliefs and ethical values when relaxing in the company of close friends and family.

"Sure, on TV, Mitt might seem like a shameless opportunist who stands for absolutely nothing, but at home he's actually just an ordinary guy with a decent sense of morality," Romney said of her partner of 43 years. "I've known this man almost my whole life, and I can tell you that, off camera, there are just so many things he cares about in a completely non-politically-motivated way."

"I realize in debates and interviews he comes off as this completely amoral corporatist who couldn't be more out of touch with average Americans—heck, sometimes even I roll my eyes," Romney continued with a chuckle. "But when he's out of the spotlight and just hanging out with me or his grandkids, enjoying the weekend, you'd be amazed. To us, he's just regular old person-with-genuine-moral-convictions Mitt."

Romney told reporters she has repeatedly urged her husband to "loosen up" and give voters a glimpse of the integrity she sees every single day. But despite her best efforts, she said, she still has some work to do.

"I tell him, 'Everyone thinks you're a shallow and merciless prick with no real center and no interest in anything other than using other people's money to make money for yourself,'" said Romney, adding that just throwing in an offhand principled stance during an interview could do wonders for him. "But, in the end, I guess he is who he is. You're just going to have to believe me when I say that the fuddy-duddy in the suit you see pandering to absolutely anyone to win an election is pretty much nonstop commitment to heartfelt, conscientious ideals around the house."

"I just wish your readers could sit at our dinner table," Romney added. "Then you'd see the Mitt who's really concerned about the health care system, immigration reform, and the stagnant economy. That's my Mitt."

When reached for comment by reporters, Mitt Romney smiled uncomfortably and said, "Boy, my wife's a remarkable woman, isn't she?"

LA JOLLA, CA—Ann Romney, wife of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, said Monday that despite her husband's public image as a shameless opportunist with no convictions whatsoever, in private he displays a rare principled side that most people never get to see.

In a casual conversation with reporters at the couple's oceanfront home in California, Romney said her husband's many months on the campaign trail had caused some voters to develop a distorted view of her longtime partner, who she said actually possesses numerous core beliefs and ethical values when relaxing in the company of close friends and family.

"Sure, on TV, Mitt might seem like a shameless opportunist who stands for absolutely nothing, but at home he's actually just an ordinary guy with a decent sense of morality," Romney said of her partner of 43 years. "I've known this man almost my whole life, and I can tell you that, off camera, there are just so many things he cares about in a completely non-politically-motivated way."

"I realize in debates and interviews he comes off as this completely amoral corporatist who couldn't be more out of touch with average Americans—heck, sometimes even I roll my eyes," Romney continued with a chuckle. "But when he's out of the spotlight and just hanging out with me or his grandkids, enjoying the weekend, you'd be amazed. To us, he's just regular old person-with-genuine-moral-convictions Mitt."

Romney told reporters she has repeatedly urged her husband to "loosen up" and give voters a glimpse of the integrity she sees every single day. But despite her best efforts, she said, she still has some work to do.

"I tell him, 'Everyone thinks you're a shallow and merciless prick with no real center and no interest in anything other than using other people's money to make money for yourself,'" said Romney, adding that just throwing in an offhand principled stance during an interview could do wonders for him. "But, in the end, I guess he is who he is. You're just going to have to believe me when I say that the fuddy-duddy in the suit you see pandering to absolutely anyone to win an election is pretty much nonstop commitment to heartfelt, conscientious ideals around the house."

"I just wish your readers could sit at our dinner table," Romney added. "Then you'd see the Mitt who's really concerned about the health care system, immigration reform, and the stagnant economy. That's my Mitt."

When reached for comment by reporters, Mitt Romney smiled uncomfortably and said, "Boy, my wife's a remarkable woman, isn't she?"

Could she be referring to the man who recently decried political ads that were run against him which he described as character attacks? I ask that question because the ads his campaign ran against the rest of the Republican field were widely regarded as personal attacks on the character of his fellow Republicans. How is it principled to complain about behavior in others when you yourself have engaged in the same behavior?

How wisw of mItt to keep his deeply principled values well hidden from the public.
Heck they might think he is a religious ex bishop nut or something.

How wisw of mItt to keep his deeply principled values well hidden from the public.
Heck they might think he is a religious ex bishop nut or something.

Your first line is great usc. One could say he hides them very well.:lol:

It is going to be great having a gracefully, witty and charming First Lady in the WH!

Ann-Romney.jpg

Oh good. Ann is speaking for her idiot husband.

But, she's not much better.

Who is speaking for her?

And when are we gonn hear about this weird religious sect? You know, the one where they wear Magic Underwear and believe god/jesus lives on a planet and that women can't go to "heaven" (on that imaginary planet) unless a man takes them there.

WHO is dumb enough to actually VOTE for this bunch of FREEEKS???

He is a principled man. You see it in what he does. Unfortunately, the media doesnt like that story because it doesnt help the President.

he even wears starch in his fundie undies.

He is a principled man. You see it in what he does. Unfortunately, the media doesnt like that story because it doesnt help the President.

There's nothing principled about the good Bishop. He would have never amassed a fortune of over a quarter billion dollars if he had principles.

What he had was ruthlessness..bordering on sociopathic tendencies. Which makes for good businessmen and serial killers.

Who is speaking for her?

And when are we gonn hear about this weird religious sect? You know, the one where they wear Magic Underwear and believe god/jesus lives on a planet and that women can't go to "heaven" (on that imaginary planet) unless a man takes them there.

And who speaks for you moron ?

It's great to see a lemming like you swallowing something about religion you obviously know nothing about.

Now see Synth... Real good parody always has just a touch of reality and is subtle enough to pass off as real commentary. If only Jon Stewart would remember that.

Thats actually well done as usual for the "journalists" doing the piece.

There's nothing principled about the good Bishop. He would have never amassed a fortune of over a quarter billion dollars if he had principles.

What he had was ruthlessness..bordering on sociopathic tendencies. Which makes for good businessmen and serial killers.

Maybe he really does not get that people like you are envious of wealth.

Who is speaking for her?

And who speaks for you moron ?

It's great to see a lemming like you swallowing something about religion you obviously know nothing about.

Joly Crap.. I'm enjoying this also now. Gotta give Synth some credit.. Someone needs to keep score..

Forum List

Back