Ann Romney: Mitt Was Taken Out Of Context

Ann Romney addressing Republicans critical of her most awesome husband:

“Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring,” she said. “This is hard and, you know, it’s an important thing that we’re doing right now and it’s an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country.”

Seems to Be Going Great | TPM Editors Blog

Not only are those damn 47% lucky to have Mitten, the entire universe is lucky to have Mitten.

:lol:

Poor guy, it really is hard for him to campaign. I'm not sure how he'd handle the job he's campaigning for if he's already flailing and has to have his wife defend him.

“Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring,” she said. “This is hard and, you know, it’s an important thing that we’re doing right now and it’s an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country.”

Not only are those damn 47% lucky to have Mitten, the entire universe is lucky to have Mitten.

Poor guy, it really is hard for him to campaign. I'm not sure how he'd handle the job he's campaigning for if he's already flailing and has to have his wife defend him.

that from TPM BLOG pretty much soundS like what Michelle Obama is saying..
and Romney couldn't handle the job any WORSE than your Dear Leader has..that's why a Majority of the people disapproves of him..but don't let that little fact get in your all's way..just go around dumping on Ann Romney for whatever reason

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:

So you just want her to STFU and get back to raising those little ones?

Are you joking? I love that she's going around telling everyone to leave poor Mitten alone.

Oh, and BTW,....Obama finally decided to meet with Israeli Priminister Benjamin Netanyahu's empty chair.

obama-empty-chair.jpg

That's funny....but I don't think in the way you meant. :lol::lol::lol:

mitt has seen the light.

90.jpg

Now That My Campaign Is Over, I'd Like To Talk To You All About The Church Of Latter-Day Saints

My fellow Americans, can I have a moment of your time?
It would appear that, following yesterday’s leaking of a video that shows me effectively writing off half the nation’s voters, we can pretty safely say my presidential campaign has come to an end. Oh, technically it may still exist, sure, but let’s be honest with each other: It’s all over. And I have fully accepted that reality.
So, with that in mind, I would like to use my few remaining weeks in the public spotlight to tell the nation all about a truly great religious organization called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/now-that-my-campaign-is-over-id-like-to-talk-to-yo,29611/

mitt has seen the light.

90.jpg

Now That My Campaign Is Over, I'd Like To Talk To You All About The Church Of Latter-Day Saints

It would appear that, following yesterday’s leaking of a video that shows me effectively writing off half the nation’s voters, we can pretty safely say my presidential campaign has come to an end. Oh, technically it may still exist, sure, but let’s be honest with each other: It’s all over. And I have fully accepted that reality.
So, with that in mind, I would like to use my few remaining weeks in the public spotlight to tell the nation all about a truly great religious organization called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/now-that-my-campaign-is-over-id-like-to-talk-to-yo,29611/

I sure hope he isn't a spokesman for the LDS church. Unless they also look down on the poor.

"It's Hard Work!"

mitt has seen the light.

90.jpg

I sure hope he isn't a spokesman for the LDS church. Unless they also look down on the poor.

Now, funny you should mention that...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/grego...y-is-not-the-face-of-mormonism_b_1897404.html

When the news of Mitt Romney's Florida video broke on Monday evening, I was incensed -- but not for its political implications. His arrogant and out-of-hand dismissal of half the population of this country struck me at a visceral level, for it sullied the religion that he and I share -- the religion for which five generations of my ancestry have lived and sacrificed, the religion whose official mantra is "to take care of the poor and needy throughout the world." My first impulse was to rent an airplane towing a banner: "Mitt Romney is Not the Face of Mormonism!"

It's sad when even the Mormons are breaking bad on him!

Are you joking? I love that she's going around telling everyone to leave poor Mitten alone.

Somehow I doubt your sincerity.

Mitt's complaint was about the 47% of households who do not pay any federal income tax.

That's all the evidence you ever needed to argue that he believes that poor and low income Americans are undertaxed, and need their taxes raised.

By Benjy Sarlin

Ann Romney defended her husband's closed-door comment that 47 percent of Americans are incurably dependent on government and see themselves as "victims" in an interview with Colorado station FOX31.

"It's unfortunate when something gets misinterpreted like this or it gets taken out of context because if you really do listen to everything that he does say, he's talking about what we're facing in America right now," Romney said in the interview.

Romney added that "if you listen to the whole context of what Mitt talks about, he is talking about what's happening right now in America and how more and more people are falling into poverty, more, in particular, women are falling into poverty."

Video: Ann Romney: Mitt Was Taken Out Of Context | TPM LiveWire

baby-crying-face-t2.jpg

By Benjy Sarlin

Ann Romney defended her husband's closed-door comment that 47 percent of Americans are incurably dependent on government and see themselves as "victims" in an interview with Colorado station FOX31.

"It's unfortunate when something gets misinterpreted like this or it gets taken out of context because if you really do listen to everything that he does say, he's talking about what we're facing in America right now," Romney said in the interview.

Romney added that "if you listen to the whole context of what Mitt talks about, he is talking about what's happening right now in America and how more and more people are falling into poverty, more, in particular, women are falling into poverty."

Video: Ann Romney: Mitt Was Taken Out Of Context | TPM LiveWire

Well, what happened was that the Obama campaign gambled and spent heavily in the early months defining Mitt Romney and the definitions stuck. As it turns out they raised more money than they thought they would in the latter months of the campaign and had plenty left over but that was far from certain. If anyone recalls the huge disparity that was forecasted between the Ds and the Rs...it was the one thing that was true in the GOP narrative from 2012.

One thing that the Democrats realized that the GOP did not was that with only 10 to 11 states in play, advertising would be focused in them and that as you got closer to election day, there would not be more advertising bought but less. The reason? Senate and House and local/county elections were happening at the same time and regardless of the appeal of national elections, there were still only 24 hours left in the day, and a lot of those hours were taken up by locals or networks. So Romney may have had tons more money but there was little area to spend it where it would make a difference.

Forum List

Back