Ann Romney knows what every day women want

Find that quote.
I dare you.
And READ what it says!
Investing any money into stock that is worth $0.00 is an instant loss.

We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time. The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year—it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.
Mitt Romney and Ann: the students “struggling” so much that they had to sell stock. « The Reality-Based Community

We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time. The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year—it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.

Good job on finding the quote. How do you come to a conclusion when only given part of the equation?

AND?

Point? Does she not think a few thousand bucks as a birthday gift is not much?

Good job on finding the quote. How do you come to a conclusion when only given part of the equation?

AND?

dipshit, big fucking deal. You dont mind if liberals dont pay their taxes (like half the Obama administration), even though taxes are supposed to be soooo important.
And you whine about a statement saying a copuple of grand isnt much.

I'll use another liberal tactic.
Why do liberals attack a woman with multiple schlerosis?
It seems mean and cruel, harldy the compassionate and empathy we hear that liberals are supposed to have

Wow, pulling the MS card. How classy. Kinda like John McCain's POW card. Worked really well for him.

EDIT:

I sincerely hope you and the rest of your Republican ilk keep up your current strategy. It worked really well in 2008.

Let's see, you guys constantly pull the race card and the class envy card as an offense, but if we bring up an actual fact in defense, we get called out? It's reasonable to talk about her health when she's being attacked for having it so easy. You guys hate her because she's not destitute, yet you have no compassion for what she's gone through because of illness. I guess you are operating on the false assumption that wealthy people have no feelings and therefore cannot suffer. You give her no credit for caring about the average person and you get mad at her for trying to reach out. You'd be even worse if she, like Mrs. Kerry, didn't show concern for people. Can't win either way with you guys. I guess the only thing to do is ignore all the bullshit and realize where it's coming from.

AND?

Really? Reading comprehension is a problem for you?

AND?

dipshit, big fucking deal. You dont mind if liberals dont pay their taxes (like half the Obama administration), even though taxes are supposed to be soooo important.

just helping out...:eusa_whistle:

Envy is a complex and puzzling emotion. It is, notoriously, one of the seven deadly sins. It is very commonly charged with being (either typically or universally) unreasonable, irrational, imprudent, vicious, or wrong to feel. With very few exceptions, the ample philosophical literature defending the rationality and evaluative importance of emotions explicitly excludes envy and a few other nasty emotions as irredeemable.

Envy (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Last edited:

AND?

Really? Reading comprehension is a problem for you?

All that is needed is a yes or no response.

AND?

Envy is a complex and puzzling emotion. It is, notoriously, one of the seven deadly sins. It is very commonly charged with being (either typically or universally) unreasonable, irrational, imprudent, vicious, or wrong to feel. With very few exceptions, the ample philosophical literature defending the rationality and evaluative importance of emotions explicitly excludes envy and a few other nasty emotions as irredeemable.

What does the right always insist on bring feelings into the debate?

Settle down there, have some fun .. relax....:D

I'm just pointing out the obvious... I'm not certain that your statement, as interpreted , is true..

So, you're saying she was unable to listen to women across the country and understand any of what they said?

It depends on what you mean by understanding. If you mean she can comprehend the meaning of the words those women use then yes. If you mean that she has similar experiences to draw on to fully understand the extremely different lifestyle most women live and the needs they have above hers, i would say probably not. Maybe i am wrong and she gives it bvery little effort and therefor does not, but I am pretty sure she rarely steps far out of her comfort zone in experiences and therefor has no real understanding of life beyond rich socialite wife. In that realm if i wanted to have someone be hostess to a high end country club party I would certainly consider advice from her to be valuable. When I consider concerns like equal pay for women, the need for birth control for women, and the life of the modern woman I would consider her having no relavant knowledge at all. About her listening to people and getting it, she is in a cult. To give you an idea, when mitt's own brother, i am pretty sure it was brother, left the priesthood of the mormon church they cut him off and stopped talking to him. That is not the sign of people who listen or give a lot of respect to the words of outsiders. They also make a number of other mistakes that clearly show they are not paying attention to what others say even if they might be capable of doing it.

I hope that answers that question.
She shouldn't be allowed to reach out and understand others because she's not destitute?

I did not say she should not try and reach out and understand others, and that is not what she did. She advises her husband on women's issues she has not been able to reach out and understand, probably because she opposes the idea and has never tried.

Please try to argue against what i say. I would be happy to clarify if you don't understand it. Don't make up your own arguments, that is just silly and I call that playing with yours
You don't want people who live well to care about those who don't, is that it? We don't need to experience everything to feel compassion.

Again, not what i actually said so you can put away the outrage.

One thing i will add on that note. Despite the fact i am very aware Obama has lived a life somewhat dissimilar to the majority of brown people his age, he does seem to have made effort to participate and talk to members of his community, and where I see Romney's religion isolating him even among christians, Obama seems to have experienced other people and become much more familiar with them to the point where he genuinely tries to, and is capable of, understanding people who are different than him, and so is Michelle. before you claim i an Obama fanboy, I hated michelle with a fucking passion. I thought she was going to be sassy black bitch first lady, but i was extremely wrong in that assumption, and she has been superb in her behavior and demeanor. I may not be thrilled with her first lady projects, but i am never really fond of them. I hated hillary as first lady, but actually liked her as a politician.
I am thinking that her concern about everyday women is blowing holes in the theory that the wealthy don't care about others. Sorry if you are disillusioned.

What care for real women? Speaking against things like the fair pay act which came about because it is a fact women are paid far less than their male counterparts? That doesn't matter for her, but for the world of women who have to work to survive and did not marry a rich guy that sucks, and she fucks over most women with that crap. Was it when she spoke against covering Birth Control which is actually medicine that helps a lot of women with real medical problems, and allows women to chose the best time in their life to get pregnant? Real women get problems in their reproductive system that birth control treats. Real women actually have to pay for their children so they have to plan the point in their lives when they will be best able to take care of a child while going out and dating to find a guy who will really be a dad, hopefully. They have to worry about their career and day care, and many cannot chose to be a stay at home mom. many women really cannot afford a child, but want to live, and that means having the adult decision to have sex without getting pregnant.

Even in raising kids she did not have to face the trials and decisions of most parents. She never had to worry about where her kids would go to college because mitt made enough money to pay in cash for any US school. She never had to wonder if the cheap meat had pink slime in it. When she buys things for her kids she doesn't ask if she can afford it, she asks what colors it comes in so she can get a bunch.
I guess some think that money causes people to stop having human emotions.

Not at all what i am saying. Is english your first language? I am saying she has different feelings and experiences. I am not even saying it is bad that she is rich. I am saying she has no basis for understanding the lives of other people because she has either chosen to keep herself isolated or is unable to understand others. My guess would be that it is not even her fault, and it is the isolationist attitude promoted by the mormon church and her position of affluence that has made this so. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt that she is capable.
You are the one who doesn't understand.

Actually i do understand, you just do not like what i am saying.
You sound bitter, jealous and obviously have no compassion for others.

I am a narcissistic, elitist, sadist. I am also not really jealous, I just happen to have a lot of money myself and actually come from affluence. It is actually my compasion and empathy for others that allows me to understand Ann talks out of her ass when she talks of what regular women go through.
If you did, you wouldn't be so judgemental and hateful toward people simply because of what they have.

This post is totally not about them not deserving their fortune, it is merely about how that fortune has separated them from the reality most people live, and how they really do not get that. I could make an argument along your lines that Romney might be undeservant of his fortune and success, but that is not the statement i have made here, and if i have made it elsewhere please take that point over there. That is not the argument here.
You condemn people for not being needy and you call her a whore because her husband takes care of her.

No, I call her a whore because she has never made an effort to go beyond armpiece. This is what a whore does. They sell their body and company to a person. Hers is just a very long term deal. She is not her own person, and that is great for some people. Actually i am one for legalizing prostitution myself. The right wing is the one who judges the profession of whore to be a bad thing. Whoring is the great equalizer of the sexes. That is why they try to make it illegal. Whoring is the one area that women can use their skills to make far more money than men. Between dating and marriage, which are forms of legalized whoring, women take back a chunk of what men take from them. And Ann is doing it, and fucking good for her. She has lived a great life for herself for that sale. She has not lived with the concerns of regular people.
I guess you never heard of love if you think stay at home moms are whores. Shame on you.

Damned tootin I call them that. My mother did not stay home. She got out and worked. I respect her for that. That being said, Ann is not even your typical stay at home mother. A stay at home mother has to cook, clean, and do lots of shit. A family like that makes sacrifices so she can do that. Smaller houses, less on vacations, economy cars. Ann never had to make those sacrifices. Ann did not have to clip coupons. Ann never had to wonder what would happen if her husband could not work one day and how she could make money with no work experience against women half her age. Ann never had to make the choice of a job and more money for her kids college, or not being able to help them much. Ann never had to make pound of ground beef stretch to feed her 5 children. Any time things got too much for her there were servants. What mothers have that choice?
You are unable to judge a person by what is inside and instead judge by class or race. You have some serious issues and I hope you get help for that.

I think you are the one who maybe has not seen a lot of other people. These are very real things, and you don't seem to know about them.

I'm just pointing out the obvious... I'm not certain that your statement, as interpreted , is true..

Ive got no reason to envy anyone. If you want to play armchair psychologist why don't you go somewhere else?

Anyone who has $250+ million, shelters money in foreign accounts, owns 4 homes/mansions and needs an elevator to organize their fleet of cars is out of touch with the average American.

I actually don't think that's true based solely on that. Merely being filthy rich doesn't make you out of touch. You gotta to listen to people's words to see if that holds true In this case, since Mrs. Mittens has said “...he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year — it wasn’t much, a few thousand..." - we know she really is out of touch. That would have been a few TEN thousand in the late 50's early 60's.

She has also remarked that life wasn't so easy for her and Mitt in college. They had no income, so Mitt had to sell his stock holdings for them to get by. How rough.

I won't lie, I had it relatively easy in college (though compared to Mittens maybe not). My folks helped me out a bit. But I knew how lucky I was and you'll never here me saying my college days weren't easy.

It does not make you unable, but it does make it so you need to make an effort to get there. There is a bubble around the rich they create that keeps out the lower class. members only clubs, places to expensive to go without money, and other methods keep people in romney's class separated from everyone else unless they make an effort to get out of the bubble. Romney has never made that effort.

to further make the problem worse, and one of the reasons i think Romney has problems relating beyond the normal rich white guy, is his religion. Mormonism practices a cultish separation from other people, and enforces the idea they are gods chosen and the temptations of society are evil. Mitt is not a casual member either, his family is deep in it, and he has even cut off contact with members of his own family who have left the religion. He may not be drinking the kool aid, but he is sure as hell invited to the party.

So yes, they do make an effort to keep themselves inside of a bubble and out of contact with the common person.

LOL @ the OP trying to make something out of nothing. LOL @ your disgusting jealousy too. Get over yourself and look at the big picture instead of hating.

Ive got no reason to envy anyone. If you want to play armchair psychologist why don't you go somewhere else?

:lol:... You mind if I just stick around while you're rolling around in the muck?

Dr. Lumpy 1

yeah and Teresa Kerry knew how the average woman felt in 2004. This attack is so stupid, there are no people running at the presidential level that arent rich.

It is not the fact that she is rich that keeps her way out of the realm of understanding, it is that she doesn't or cannot understand others that keeps her only understanding the rich mindset.

yeah and Teresa Kerry knew how the average woman felt in 2004. This attack is so stupid, there are no people running at the presidential level that arent rich.

It is not the fact that she is rich that keeps her way out of the realm of understanding, it is that she doesn't or cannot understand others that keeps her only understanding the rich mindset.

I guessimate your reasoning at about 20 years old...

It seems mean and cruel, harldy the compassionate and empathy we hear that liberals are supposed to have

You stick your nose into the fray and try to tell us your opinion and yeah i am going to knock it. being handicapped does not make you intelligent or right. Now if she wanted me to give her some help getting around I am all for it. If you want me to give her a pass on what she says when it is stupid then she has to claim to be retarded. If she is mentally retarded or has fucked up her brain in someway and it is public knowledge her thought processes are shoddy then she can say whatever the fuck she wants to and i will smile and laugh with her.

Wow, pulling the MS card. How classy. Kinda like John McCain's POW card. Worked really well for him.

EDIT:

I sincerely hope you and the rest of your Republican ilk keep up your current strategy. It worked really well in 2008.

nope just using liberal tactics against them. we cant attack michael j fox for political adds, so we'll use the same shield, thank you

One I would like to point out the irony of using MJF who used to be a positive image of the party that now goes for Larry the cable guy in your argument. That just amuses me. Also, if Micheal j fox says something about politics you damned well better argue with the motherfucker if you don't agree. He is not retarded. Just give him the time to say what he means because it might take longer. And don't base your rebuttal on his odd movements. That is all, you can argue against his ideas all you want. If anyone bitches at you for doing it because he has MS then I am on your side with you having every right to express your argument, no matter how stupid it may happen to be.

it's funny how liberals cant detect sarcasm or people mocking them, and take everything but the bible and constitutional literally

We know when you are mocking, it is just normally really stupid and pointless. What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

AND?

IOn back then money that would have actually been more like tens of thousands of todays money.

LOL @ the OP trying to make something out of nothing. LOL @ your disgusting jealousy too. Get over yourself and look at the big picture instead of hating.

Isn't that what most topics are? There is nothing and you try to make something. Um, are you trying to insult me or are you just stating the obvious?

Forum List

Back