Ann Romney Hillary Rosen’s quote an ‘early birthday present’

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
:badgrin: At a private fundraiser last night Ann Romney reportedly referred to Hillary Rosen’s stay-at-home mom comment as an “early birthday present.” Rosen, who is a Democratic strategist, said that Ann Romney was not qualified to talk about economic issues facing women since she has never worked outside the home. Rosen later apologized after the Romney campaign expressed a great deal of public outrage over the quote. In her comments last night, Ann Romney seemed more like political strategist than a stay-at-home mom.

While the Romney event last night was closed to the media, reporters could overhear the remarks of Ann Romney from a public sidewalk outside. According to NBC News, when addressing Rosen’s comments Ann Romney said,

“It was my early birthday present for someone to be critical of me as a mother, and that was really a defining moment, and I loved it.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com Ann Romney refers to Hillary Rosen’s quote as ‘early birthday present’ - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com Ann Romney refers to Hillary Rosen

No Romney fans care to address this, apparently.
Romney, himself, made some comments, to his cronies, that he didn't expect to be published.

Forum List

Back