Ann Romney Declines To Answer Questions On Gay Marriage, Contraception

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Luke Johnson

Ann Romney, the wife of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, repeatedly declined to answer questions about gay marriage or employer-provided contraception in an interview with Davenport, Iowa, television station KWQC conducted Friday.

The interview was scheduled to air Friday night on KWQC-TV, an NBC affiliate, but a transcript of the segment was posted on the station's website Friday afternoon.

Romney was talking about her message to women voters, who largely support the president, polls show.

"Here in Iowa, as you know, same-sex marriage is legal. Do you believe a lesbian mother should be allowed to marry her partner?" David Nelson, a KWQC anchor asked.

"You know, I'm not going to talk about the specific issues," Romney responded, adding that "hot-button issues" distract from the economy.

Nelson then asked whether employers should be required to provide health insurance that covers birth control. The Romney campaign has attacked the Obama administration for adopting a rule requiring most religiously affiliated employers to provide coverage for contraception in their health plans.

She declined to answer. "Again, you're asking me questions that are not about what this election is going to be about. This election is going to be about the economy and jobs."

More: Ann Romney Declines To Answer Questions On Gay Marriage, Contraception

z225452942.jpg

Ann Romney isn't running.

Why is she giving interviews and making statements to the media?

Maybe because as she said, you already know. All you want is a gotcha sound byte. She's obviously against both and she's right...it's not what the election is about.

Sooo, we allow Ann Romney to dictate what this election is about? It's obvious why she and Mitt would like to keep social issues out of discussion - because they think like the fucking Taliban.

Maybe because as she said, you already know. All you want is a gotcha sound byte. She's obviously against both and she's right...it's not what the election is about.

Sooo, we allow Ann Romney to dictate what this election is about? It's obvious why she and Mitt would like to keep social issues out of discussion - because they think like the fucking Taliban.

Are you smoking the Peace Pipe again? What's obvious is that YOU don't want to talk about Obama's lack of a record.

another sterlng example of libs claiming to know what someone else thinks

6a00d8341c05b253ef0133f5940399970b-800wi

Are you smoking the Peace Pipe again? What's obvious is that YOU don't want to talk about Obama's lack of a record.

Lakhota wants the economy and all the white men to die. This is his dream! :eusa_shhh: He will support anyone that will work towards that end.

Lakhota wants the economy and all the white men to die. This is his dream! :eusa_shhh: He will support anyone that will work towards that end.

It's a he?

You retards don't know what the "real" Obama's record is. You only want to talk about the "fictional" Obama you've conjured up in your little minds.

By Luke Johnson

Ann Romney, the wife of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, repeatedly declined to answer questions about gay marriage or employer-provided contraception in an interview with Davenport, Iowa, television station KWQC conducted Friday.

The interview was scheduled to air Friday night on KWQC-TV, an NBC affiliate, but a transcript of the segment was posted on the station's website Friday afternoon.

Romney was talking about her message to women voters, who largely support the president, polls show.

"Here in Iowa, as you know, same-sex marriage is legal. Do you believe a lesbian mother should be allowed to marry her partner?" David Nelson, a KWQC anchor asked.

"You know, I'm not going to talk about the specific issues," Romney responded, adding that "hot-button issues" distract from the economy.

Nelson then asked whether employers should be required to provide health insurance that covers birth control. The Romney campaign has attacked the Obama administration for adopting a rule requiring most religiously affiliated employers to provide coverage for contraception in their health plans.

She declined to answer. "Again, you're asking me questions that are not about what this election is going to be about. This election is going to be about the economy and jobs."

More: Ann Romney Declines To Answer Questions On Gay Marriage, Contraception
I always thought that the election would be about what is important to the American voters. Pretty sure they care about more than one thing.

I mean... If the economy gets better because they made the middle class into a bunch of modern day serfs I don't think I'd be very happy about that.

You retards don't know what the "real" Obama's record is. You only want to talk about the "fictional" Obama you've conjured up in your little minds.

and this from a guy who says the Romneys are like the taliban

She's got her marching orders and I have little doubt she's a good soldier

Her mission is to stick to script her handlers have given her.

they want to keep the conversation on everything BUT Obama's failure RECORD

Like people are worried over Homosexual marriage and contraceptives..

Good for Ann, talk about what people are worried about..

the Economy, unemployment, Obama wanting to raise our taxes, high high gas prices

She's got her marching orders and I have little doubt she's a good soldier

Her mission is to stick to script her handlers have given her.

I'm sure all the Romney surrogates have been told to stick to their scripts and since they've decided to go with the Nixon "I have a secret plan", you're not going to get much out of them that isn't carefully scripted.

Forum List

Back