Ann Coulter

If you say anything critical of Ann or something sheā€™s written on her Twitter account you are immediately banned.

So you ask why hasnā€™t Trump or Pence or when Ryan was speaker ban people who write things they donā€™t like?

Itā€™s called ā€œfree-speechā€.

You know Trump looked into it. He hates when anyone criticizes him.
Its a sign of desperation when you comment on a 10 year old thread. Get a life Deanna.
Damn you're still alive in OKC? What a miracle..
But really when is Ann the tranny going to shave her yuge adam's apple?

I'm sure this isn't the first thread about her.

To sum up my feelings about Ann Coulter...I feel the world was a much better place during the time her jaw was wired shut (even though she could still write, unfortunately). And I don't even consider myself a liberal!

Here's an excerpt from the back cover of "Godless: The Church of Liberalism":

Though liberalism rejects the idea of God and reviles people of faith, it bears all the attributes of a religion. In Godless, Coulter throws open the doors of the Church of Liberalism, showing us its sacraments (abortion), its holy writ (Roe v. Wade), its martyrs (from Soviet spy Alger Hiss to cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal), its clergy (public school teachers), its churches (government schools, where prayer is prohibited but condoms are free), its doctrine of infallibility (as manifest in the "absolute moral authority" of spokesmen from Cindy Sheehan to Max Cleland), and its cosmology (in which mankind is an inconsequential accident).

And an excerpt from the book itself:

"Liberals love to boast that they are not 'religious,' which is what one would expect to hear from the state-sanctioned religion. Of course liberalism is a religion. It has its own cosmology, its own miracles, its own beliefs in the supernatural, its own churches, its own high priests, its own saints, its own total worldview, and its own explanation of the existence of the universe. In other words, liberalism contains all the attributes of what is generally known as 'religion.'"

Unfortunately, as I don't want Ann Coulter to earn any money from me, I haven't purchased this book or any of her others, even though I would be very interested to read them.

So, I'd love to hear from someone who has read this book and agrees with (and can possibly offer further evidence and/or reasoning to support) the claim that "liberalism" can be considered a religion, because I for one think this has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard (and I've heard some pretty stupid things).

I would agree with most of what she says.

I am honestly unsure what point she made, you would claim is debatable.

I've actually been saying this from before I even knew who Ann Coulter was, and before she wrote this book.

I've never bought the book, because I already know every point she makes, because I've made them before she wrote the book. To me, the fact left-wing ideology was religious in nature, was self evident.

If you say anything critical of Ann or something sheā€™s written on her Twitter account you are immediately banned.

So you ask why hasnā€™t Trump or Pence or when Ryan was speaker ban people who write things they donā€™t like?

Its a sign of desperation when you comment on a 10 year old thread. Get a life Deanna.
I donā€™t think you want to start a new threadā€˜s when thereā€™s ones that already exists.

This was about Ann Coulter and her hiding from the public and this thread already existed.

Why start a new one?

Arenā€™t the mods constantly merging threads?

What is with you guys? Are you just completely opposed to rational discussion? All you do is villify those who speak ideas you don't like. Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc. You dont actually deal with a single solitary argument you make. It's all personal attacks.

What's even more amazing most of you hate these people without listening to a single word they say or reading a single word they wrote. So you dont want to give your money to them. Go to the library. I didnt want to give my money to Ann, i went to the library. I didnt want to give my money to Obama, I went to the library.

You have to read things you dont necessarily agree with to actually speak intelligently on the subject. Ive read countless points of view from various people good and bad. Some of the ideas have been vile. But even being well read, I am not going to pretend fully understand what they are saying. They are the only ones who ever will. Yet you guys know what they say and villify them without knowing a thing. It's mindboggling.

So call Ann all the names you want. Call anyone else whatever names you wont. They arent going to make you any smarter. They arent going to convince anyone that you are correct. They will just make you look cowardly and stupid.
So what's this slick?
When that book first came out I used to go to the libray and read it.

I think I read about the first 4 chapters.

After that I skimmed the rest.

Very vile, although in an entertaining manner.

People who are actual fans of Coulter are the most hateful people in the world IMO.
I also watch FOXNews...a lot (actually watching it right now) I know what's coming from The Right. Its MOSTLY fear and hate peddling. And lies, lots and lots and lots of lies. This has been proven time and again.

Libray? Is that a Liberal Library?
It could be Trumpā€™s spelling.

After all didnā€™t he think hamburglar was a real word?

What is with you guys? Are you just completely opposed to rational discussion? All you do is villify those who speak ideas you don't like. Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc. You dont actually deal with a single solitary argument you make. It's all personal attacks.

What's even more amazing most of you hate these people without listening to a single word they say or reading a single word they wrote. So you dont want to give your money to them. Go to the library. I didnt want to give my money to Ann, i went to the library. I didnt want to give my money to Obama, I went to the library.

You have to read things you dont necessarily agree with to actually speak intelligently on the subject. Ive read countless points of view from various people good and bad. Some of the ideas have been vile. But even being well read, I am not going to pretend fully understand what they are saying. They are the only ones who ever will. Yet you guys know what they say and villify them without knowing a thing. It's mindboggling.

So call Ann all the names you want. Call anyone else whatever names you wont. They arent going to make you any smarter. They arent going to convince anyone that you are correct. They will just make you look cowardly and stupid.
So what's this slick?
When that book first came out I used to go to the libray and read it.

I think I read about the first 4 chapters.

After that I skimmed the rest.

Very vile, although in an entertaining manner.

People who are actual fans of Coulter are the most hateful people in the world IMO.
I also watch FOXNews...a lot (actually watching it right now) I know what's coming from The Right. Its MOSTLY fear and hate peddling. And lies, lots and lots and lots of lies. This has been proven time and again.

Libray? Is that a Liberal Library?
It could be Trumpā€™s spelling.

After all didnā€™t he think hamburglar was a real word?

Another Trump post? Your TDS is working OT.

Damn you're still alive in OKC? What a miracle..
But really when is Ann the tranny going to shave her yuge adam's apple?
About the same time Obama changes his tampon.

Forum List

Back