Ann Coulter: Right Wing Fear Monger and Liar

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
by Ann Coulter

Posted 08/26/2009 ET

Updated 08/26/2009 ET

With the Democrats getting slaughtered -- or should I say, "receiving mandatory end-of-life counseling" -- in the debate over national health care, the Obama administration has decided to change the subject by indicting CIA interrogators for talking tough to three of the world's leading Muslim terrorists.

Had I been asked, I would have advised them against reinforcing the idea that Democrats are hysterical bed-wetters who can't be trusted with national defense while also reminding people of the one thing everyone still admires about President George W. Bush.

This is how loony the right wing is, folks. They can't just stick to the subject and make stuff up about that. No, they have to make things up about "liberals" or "Democrats" and try to smear us before they even get into their main argument.

There's actually a strategy of sorts to this type of rant. See, people like Coulter are preaching to the choir, and the choir is largely on the verge of cerebral atrophy. These people don't think. But to the average right winger, the mere appearance of such statements in print makes it credible, and gives them cause to repeat it, even if its complete and utter crap. In other words, Coulter is trying to kill three birds with one stone.

The Democrats aren't getting slaughtered. Do you know how I know about that? Because they have to lie their asses off to make their point. Since when does a winner have to lie to get their point across?

No one has "indicted" any CIA interrogators; an investigation has been ordered, and that is all. And if the Obama Administration was trying to use Eric Holder's decision to investigate to deflect attention away from health care, they picked a strange day to do so; the Friday before he went on vacation, while Congress was in recess.

And please, no one with IQ above 50 admires George W Bush for anything.

But I guess the Democrats really want to change the subject. Thus, here is Part 2 in our series of liberal lies about national health care.

(6) There will be no rationing under national health care.

Anyone who says that is a liar. And all Democrats are saying it. (Hey, look -- I have two-thirds of a syllogism!)

I'll say it; there will be far less "rationing" of basic, necessary health care under the current health care reform plan than there is now. But she's lying when she says that liberals say there will be no "rationing" under health insurance reform. And she will actually unwittingly prove it for me.

Like I said, cognitive dissonance is part of the wingnut DNA.

Apparently, promising to cut costs by having a panel of Washington bureaucrats (for short, "The Death Panel") deny medical treatment wasn't a popular idea with most Americans. So liberals started claiming that they are going to cover an additional 47 million uninsured Americans and cut costs ... without ever denying a single medical treatment!

Stop there. Notice how she's defining "rationing." If that's the definition of "rationing," then every insurance plan that denies payment for a boob job or a hangnail removal would be "guilty" of rationing. If a woman has terminal cancer that is advancing through her body, and her insurance denies coverage for a liver transplant, according to little Annie Coulter here, that constitutes "rationing."

So, that proves the status of her argument as an absolute straw man, which is a polite way of saying "lie." I challenge her to cite for me one liberal who has EVER suggested that there would be no rationing under the current health insurance reform bills AS SHE DEFINES IT.

I'm about as pro-health care reform as it gets, as you can tell by this blog, but I would never claim that the public health insurance option would cover every single medical treatment in existence.

The right wing has been fighting health care for all Americans since Truman tried to get it. But the lemmings still follow along obediently. They lie and distort, they send out talking points to disrupt speakers, they are a vocal minority who hates that fact that the left won the last election. Talking about being a cult follower-------

Please Cut the Crap

"Attacking health care"?

LOL!

We're all for health care. We're just not for government controlled healthcare because we want to actually be able to access it, thanks.

After they wired her jaw shut I didn't hear anything for awhile from that harpy....I suppose her jaws have been freed.

by Ann Coulter

Posted 08/26/2009 ET

Updated 08/26/2009 ET

With the Democrats getting slaughtered -- or should I say, "receiving mandatory end-of-life counseling" -- in the debate over national health care, the Obama administration has decided to change the subject by indicting CIA interrogators for talking tough to three of the world's leading Muslim terrorists.

Had I been asked, I would have advised them against reinforcing the idea that Democrats are hysterical bed-wetters who can't be trusted with national defense while also reminding people of the one thing everyone still admires about President George W. Bush.

This is how loony the right wing is, folks. They can't just stick to the subject and make stuff up about that. No, they have to make things up about "liberals" or "Democrats" and try to smear us before they even get into their main argument.

There's actually a strategy of sorts to this type of rant. See, people like Coulter are preaching to the choir, and the choir is largely on the verge of cerebral atrophy. These people don't think. But to the average right winger, the mere appearance of such statements in print makes it credible, and gives them cause to repeat it, even if its complete and utter crap. In other words, Coulter is trying to kill three birds with one stone.

The Democrats aren't getting slaughtered. Do you know how I know about that? Because they have to lie their asses off to make their point. Since when does a winner have to lie to get their point across?

No one has "indicted" any CIA interrogators; an investigation has been ordered, and that is all. And if the Obama Administration was trying to use Eric Holder's decision to investigate to deflect attention away from health care, they picked a strange day to do so; the Friday before he went on vacation, while Congress was in recess.

But I guess the Democrats really want to change the subject. Thus, here is Part 2 in our series of liberal lies about national health care.

Anyone who says that is a liar. And all Democrats are saying it. (Hey, look -- I have two-thirds of a syllogism!)

I'll say it; there will be far less "rationing" of basic, necessary health care under the current health care reform plan than there is now. But she's lying when she says that liberals say there will be no "rationing" under health insurance reform. And she will actually unwittingly prove it for me.

Apparently, promising to cut costs by having a panel of Washington bureaucrats (for short, "The Death Panel") deny medical treatment wasn't a popular idea with most Americans. So liberals started claiming that they are going to cover an additional 47 million uninsured Americans and cut costs ... without ever denying a single medical treatment!

Stop there. Notice how she's defining "rationing." If that's the definition of "rationing," then every insurance plan that denies payment for a boob job or a hangnail removal would be "guilty" of rationing. If a woman has terminal cancer that is advancing through her body, and her insurance denies coverage for a liver transplant, according to little Annie Coulter here, that constitutes "rationing."

So, that proves the status of her argument as an absolute straw man, which is a polite way of saying "lie." I challenge her to cite for me one liberal who has EVER suggested that there would be no rationing under the current health insurance reform bills AS SHE DEFINES IT.

I'm about as pro-health care reform as it gets, as you can tell by this blog, but I would never claim that the public health insurance option would cover every single medical treatment in existence.

The right wing has been fighting health care for all Americans since Truman tried to get it. But the lemmings still follow along obediently. They lie and distort, they send out talking points to disrupt speakers, they are a vocal minority who hates that fact that the left won the last election. Talking about being a cult follower-------

Please Cut the Crap

The sooner Obama and his cronies (you Gayboy) stop pissing and moaning about "talk show hosts" the sooner he might be taken seriously as occupier of the White House!

One would think there are more important issues than what a talk show host says for ratings and to sell books!

Please Cut the Crap

If you disagree with liberals, you're a "lemming" or a "cult follower."

If you agree with liberals, you're an independent-minded free thinker.
:cuckoo:

Ray boy if you actually believe there won't be health care rationing of some sort you are an idiot. You will either have rationing either de facto or de jure (if not both) or you are going to see costs that will make spendulous and porkulous seem like chump change.

Please Cut the Crap

If you disagree with liberals, you're a "lemming" or a "cult follower."

If you agree with liberals, you're an independent-minded free thinker.
:cuckoo:

in Rays world yes....what Ray does not seem to realize.....is he sounds like a Lemming himself...since i have been posting here,i have NEVER seen Ray go against anything by any Democrat....if you actually have Ray.....let me know....otherwise....WATCH OUT FOR THE CLIFF!!!.........

by Ann Coulter

Posted 08/26/2009 ET

Updated 08/26/2009 ET

Please Cut the Crap

There's another gal that owns you dopey libs.

No you won't gary. It won't happen.

Di....i have asked a whole bunch of Pro-NHC people on this board 3 questions and i was either ignored or they danced around it and did not answer the questions.....so...i have concluded that YES.....rationing AND limited coverage will be part of the NHC plan....OR as it is now being called....the public option........

Di....i have asked a whole bunch of Pro-NHC people on this board 3 questions and i was either ignored or they danced around it and did not answer the questions.....so...i have concluded that YES.....rationing AND limited coverage will be part of the NHC plan....OR as it is now being called....the public option........

Harry some sort of evidence or at least an argument would be useful. But I've read that health care is already being rationed by your insurance companies. Is that accurate?

Harry some sort of evidence or at least an argument would be useful. But I've read that health care is already being rationed by your insurance companies. Is that accurate?

Di im the one asking the question,so i dont understand what you mean by your statement..."some sort of evidence or at least an argument would be useful" ....but if the people here pushing this thing wont answer what i am asking....then i have to conclude that this will be basically the same thing ,just someone else calling the shots....which means to me and many others....WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?......and yes Di the Ins.Co. do ration AND reject people for existing conditions,which i hope will soon be outlawed......if nothing else....

When there's discussion about "rationing" it's going to get murky. The much-quoted article from Zeke Emmaneul is a good reference. If it can be read critically but in an open-minded manner it does address how scarce medical resources could be allocated. If that's "rationing" then it's a good place to start.

As I understand it now insurance companies can refuse to cover someone due to pre-existing conditions. That's understandable. Insurance companies accept risk in return for money. They don't want to lose on the deal so they set up the sorts of restrictions on coverage that will help them save money and boost profits overall. That's rational behaviour for an insurance company. They might accept risk but they don't accept all risk or accept risk blindly. This means that some people will not get health insurance. It doesn't mean they won't get care, just that they won't get insurance. To me that's too much like a crap shoot as you Americans might put it.

I know the same thing happens in our private health insurance here. And there are waiting times for people transferring and all the rest of it, but that's for elective surgery or dental. If someone needs health care, not just in an emergency but in a hurry, they will get it because of our single payer system. As I've said before in other threads on the topic, this doesn't mean I'm suggesting for one moment our system is perfect or suitable for anyone else. It's the basic principle I'm referring to.

Sorry if my previous post was a bit confused, reading it I can see it didn't make much sense (and I was stone cold sober! :eek:)

Forum List

Back