Ann Coulter really is funny

Yup. If you want a Coulter column to discuss, Coulter's website is definitely the best place to go to find one. Especially if you're looking for a specific Coulter column. Every one that appears though appears in hundreds of newspapers too.

As far as being factually incorrect, I've caught Michael Savage a lot more times in boo boos than I have Coulter. He has to be outrageous to compete against Hannity and Limbaugh, both of whom are in more favorable time slots and have a larger market share. Hannity's scholarship is pretty good though he doesn't always factcheck ahead of time sufficiently for my taste. Limbaugh's scholarship is as good as Coulter's but, from my perspective, he wanders into bad taste territory far more frequently than she does.

Nevertheless all four have a healthy group of listeners and/or readers and/or fans who keep up with them. All four will use satire to make a point or just to entertain from time to time, but of the four Coulter is the ONLY one who uses satire as stock in trade and therefore should be judged by a different standard than the other three.

So what did you think of the column Allie posted? What real problems do you have with it or where did she get it right from your perspective? Or the one I posted for that matter?

I went over to the web site as linked by Allie and I am turned off right away by the petty title of another book that she wrote – “IF DEMOCRATS HAD ANY BRAINS, THEY'D BE REPUBLICANS ”. Yadda yadda yadda. Ha ha ha. Okay. With what strength I had after seeing that, I glance through the article that she wrote - a description of the candidates with Coulter’s own inevitable spin thrown in. I’m not interested. I can go to any of several web sites and get a fact-based, more neutral description of each candidate and his position on the issues – along with that of his opponents. You threw in a link to Coulter’s commentary about Bush’s support for an amnesty bill. So she and some fellow Republicans don’t agree on absolutely everything that Bush says. I’m sorry but I’m just not impressed with what Coulter has to say. If I want to get perspectives from each side of an issue, I think that I’ll choose someone else to give me the conservative / Republican perspective. You might like her. You might like her style. You might more readily believe what she says. I don’t. I’m not impressed with her. I think that she is too crass and insensitive. She is insulting and too often wrong for my taste. We have different likes and dislikes. I guess that we agree to disagree.

Forum List

Back