Anita Dunn...

If you consider saying you are a communist as an adult AND NEVER renouncing it as doing nothing wrong, we will never be able to debate honestly.

If you consider looking at a man's words and actions as more important than some sort of public renunciation of ideology - then yes, we can not debate honestly.

If you believe a WH appointee telling high school students that Moa is one of her two favorite POLITICAL philosophers as doing nothing wrong, then I have no interest in debating you.

If you don't believe it is wrong to take phrases out of the context of the speech and use them to smear someone as a supporter of mass murder, then you are correct - you would not be interested in debating me.

As for Geithner....he ONLY paid it when it was revealed...and he STILL did not pay what he owed from making the same mistake previously as he was not "cauight" as that was not originally audited.....and yes, he finally paid that when Fox let the cat out of the bag on that one.

If he made the mistake more than once it may have been an honest one (do you know for a fact he hasn't paid?). I won't argue taxes - the more money you earn the more complicated they are - usually, they are done by professionals at that point. I give Geithner the benefit of doubt though not Daschle.

To me...if you get audited and you did something wrong, you are not necessarily to blame.....but if you had done it earlier as well, and did not point that out to the auditor....you may be a msart man as we all would do the same...but you have lost the right to be a WH appointee.

Usually an audit looks at multiple years of taxes - I would think they would have picked it up in the same audit yes?

Funny....all those Obama supporters complained about Bush and his "lies and deceit"...and the runors flew around about himwith nothing concrete...just rumors.

About as concrete as the arguments made here. Certainly what occurred in the DoJ was pretty concrete.

So here, we have an administration where rumors do not need to fly....we have proof.....a lot of crap on film and yet..."thats OK!...they made mistakes"

Pathetic.

Your "proof" is more proof of ideological partisanship than anything else - Dunn and Van Jones are a perfect example. Ideological differences are not criminal much as you may wish them to be.

Film is hardly "fool proof" - film can be edited, clipped, and disparate sections spanning years and different events can be put together. Once you take a portion out of the context of a whole it becomes suspect. Don't you ever find yourself wondering - when you view a 3 minute clip of a 60 minute program what was left out?

Last edited:
If you consider saying you are a communist as an adult AND NEVER renouncing it as doing nothing wrong, we will never be able to debate honestly.

If you consider looking at a man's words and actions as more important than some sort of public renunciation of ideology - then yes, we can not debate honestly.

If you believe a WH appointee telling high school students that Moa is one of her two favorite POLITICAL philosophers as doing nothing wrong, then I have no interest in debating you.

If you don't believe it is wrong to take phrases out of the context of the speech and use them to smear someone as a supporter of mass murder, then you are correct - you would not be interested in debating me.

If he made the mistake more than once it may have been an honest one (do you know for a fact he hasn't paid?). I won't argue taxes - the more money you earn the more complicated they are - usually, they are done by professionals at that point. I give Geithner the benefit of doubt though not Daschle.

Usually an audit looks at multiple years of taxes - I would think they would have picked it up in the same audit yes?

Funny....all those Obama supporters complained about Bush and his "lies and deceit"...and the runors flew around about himwith nothing concrete...just rumors.

About as concrete as the arguments made here. Certainly what occurred in the DoJ was pretty concrete.

So here, we have an administration where rumors do not need to fly....we have proof.....a lot of crap on film and yet..."thats OK!...they made mistakes"

Pathetic.

Your "proof" is more proof of ideological partisanship than anything else - Dunn and Van Jones are a perfect example. Ideological differences are not criminal much as you may wish them to be.

Film is hardly "fool proof" - film can be edited, clipped, and disparate sections spanning years and different events can be put together. Once you take a portion out of the context of a whole it becomes suspect. Don't you ever find yourself wondering - when you view a 3 minute clip of a 60 minute program what was left out?

Coyote....debating you is going nowhere.

You say things that are not true and it makes for a frustrating debate.

What Dunn said was NOT taken out of context.
I am unclear what you do not see with ANYONE declating themselves as a communist as being worng if they areoin the WH. COMMUNISM IS NOT PART OF ANY AMERICAN IDEOLOGY
Wrong on the tax thing. After fox disclosed it he admitted he was not audited for that earlier year...he was audited for the several years following.....and he said he "forgot" that he made the same mistakle in his earlier years.....

So exactly when does..."I did not know" and "I forgot" and "I did not read it" and I should have known and I am sorry" start to get old?

It is sad that you do not expect those that serve us AND represent us should not be held to a higher standard.

You obviouisly have no respect for the white house, what it stands for, and those that lost their lives for it.

Neither do the people that are in there right now.

Coyote is irrelevent.

And Dunn is a moronic nutter embraced by our current president as a high ranking government official and advisor.

Strange days indeed.

Most peculiar Momma...

Coyote....debating you is going nowhere.

You say things that are not true and it makes for a frustrating debate.

Oldandtired - I am saying things as I see them, much as you are. We each have our opinions and interpretations of things and we clearly see things very differently.

What Dunn said was NOT taken out of context.

I have yet to see a link to the entire speech if it went beyond the one transcript I found that claimed to be complete. I found many transcripts that were much shorter. We went over that already. You said she went on and on praising Mao for example. Yet in what I found, she only said enough to give historical context for the quote she used so people would understand where it came from in using that quote from Mao.

Dunn said: And then the third lesson and tip actually come from two of my favorite political philosophers, Mao Zedong and Mother Teresa -- not often coupled with each together, but the two people that I turn to most to basically deliver a simple point,which is, you're going to make choices.

That is the complete sentence, yet do a search for Dunn and Mao and what do you come up with? Usually only the first clause. When you add the rest of it - it adds context and meaning to what she is saying. Isn't referencing only part of what she said taking it out of context?

I am unclear what you do not see with ANYONE declating themselves as a communist as being worng if they areoin the WH. COMMUNISM IS NOT PART OF ANY AMERICAN IDEOLOGY

Perhaps I just see it differently. I don't see it as the huge ideological threat that it was seen as when I was growing up. Many young people - idealistic and angry at social injustices go through Marxist or Communist phases - well, so what? Communism as a political reality is like most pure ideologies - a dismal failure in practice and that isn't going to change. Add to that, I don't generally agree with what I see as the rightwing view that anything - even a brutal rightwing government - is better than communism. So I don't care that he was once a declared communist - taken in the context of where he was at the time and adding to that what he has more recently written about capitalism it simply isn't the issue that the right is trying to make it.

Wrong on the tax thing.

After fox disclosed it he admitted he was not audited for that earlier year...he was audited for the several years following.....and he said he "forgot" that he made the same mistakle in his earlier years.....

So exactly when does..."I did not know" and "I forgot" and "I did not read it" and I should have known and I am sorry" start to get old?

When taxes become extremely complex - and in many of these officials who have multiple sources of income and deductions, it can be - they are done by tax professionals. Was Geithners? In general, I'm more likely to be lenient on tax stuff because of it's complexity unless it's really major like Daschle. My taxes are usually dead simple so I'm not going to make a judgement on it.

It is sad that you do not expect those that serve us AND represent us should not be held to a higher standard.

I think I have a pretty high standard, but I'm a realist, OldandTired. The standard being espoused by many on the right is often hypocritical on the one hand, and ideologically drive on the other. Had they applied the same standards and scrutiny to the preceding administration I'd have more respect for the whining, but they didn't.

You obviouisly have no respect for the white house, what it stands for, and those that lost their lives for it.

Neither do the people that are in there right now.

That is a matter of opinion, not fact.

Quote: Originally Posted by Oldandtired

So you could never honestly debate a communist?

Coyote is irrelevent.

And Dunn is a moronic nutter embraced by our current president as a high ranking government official and advisor.

Strange days indeed.

Most peculiar Momma...

There will be an answer, let it be.

Quote: Originally Posted by Oldandtired

So you could never honestly debate a communist?

What the fuck does that mean?

Oh, I see....you took the short cut and had no idea what I was referring to.

I have no interest in responding to you anymore. I gave you more credit than you deserve.

You are a hack that does not care about real facts...just blog fiction.

The basis of this argument is sorta like saying if Mao once said broccoli was good, anyone who agreed is a communist.

The basis of this argument is sorta like saying if Mao once said broccoli was good, anyone who agreed is a communist.

Great...

So, basis of your argument is sorta like saying if Mussolini didn't side with Hitler, leftists today would pretty much applauded him for his achievements with the state controlled economy.

So are you comparing Obama appointees to broccoli?

... you know, you may just have a point there. :clap2:

Broccoli is good for you -lots of healthy vitamins and antioxident stuff...even if it does tend to produce gas....:eusa_whistle:

091008_dunn_ap_297.jpg

"The reality is that, you know, let's face it, you know, we're under no illusions about what the political agenda of, you know, certain news networks are,” Dunn told Bloomberg’s Al Hunt in an interview conducted as part of the Bloomberg Washington Summit at the Newseum. “The media environment in this country has changed so dramatically over the last decade."

Anita Dunn keeps up Fox News offensive

Becky's......of course you will go after her. She will be called all kind of names, smeared, called a terrorist even..

Beck, keep trying. She called you out for being the anti obama nut you are. Your station is anti Obama, so waht. Just admit your not fair and balanced and stop being hypocrites.
Of course Fox News is anti-Obama. Of course they aren't fair and balanced. The mere notion of that is laughable. But any notions of msnbc being fair and balanced is just as laughable. How soon we all forget how anti-bush msnbc was, along with all the other liberal news outlets. The difference is Bush didn't continually cry about it, and wasn't obsessed with fighting a news outlet every time they called him out on something.

Nobody is "fair and balanced" anymore. Both political ideals have their own agendas. Whenever one sides cries about the others bias, I laugh to myself as if I was watching two 4 year olds fighting over the same toy, when the exact same toy is sitting in the corner, not being used.

Dunn is not done.

Simply a new mask with the same ugly puss underneath...

Forum List

Back