Animal pampering laws

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Italy Town Sets Down Pet-Pampering Laws
Mon Mar 1,10:17 AM ET Add Oddly Enough
ROME (Reuters) - Pet owners in a central Italian town must pamper their dogs, cats and birds and even show mercy to supper-time lobsters or face fines as high as 500 euros.

According to a new bill regulating the treatment of animals that will be implemented next week in the wealthy town of Reggio Emilia, canary owners will have to buy a significant other for their bird, who otherwise might suffer from loneliness.

Dog owners will have to provide sufficiently spacious dog houses in shady, sheltered locations and pet owners of all stripes will be prohibited from dyeing the fur of their animals.

The rules, spelled out in 39 different articles, also make it illegal to throw live lobsters in boiling water.

"It's a useless torture, they should be killed first," a spokeswoman for the town said on Saturday.

Fines for breaking the rules run from 25 to 495 euros.

"also make it illegal to throw live lobsters in boiling water."

Oh brother :rolleyes: , the closes land relative to a lobster is a cockroach. Lobsters are basically seabugs.

link

Hey I can't kill a lobster either!!! hehe! how would you like to be boiled alive??? :p:

I'm just curious how many of the laws are just common sense/decency which have to be enacted because people are so stupid.

I find it sad that people have to be told to treat their dogs humanely by providing a suitable living space and prohibited from dyeing their fur!

Animal Planet has a show on which is called something like Animal Cops or something similar. I thought it would be a happy ending kind of show...as things usually are on that channel. It's horrible. The fact that we have to have laws (and spend money enforcing them) telling people they can't mistreat animals turns my stomach.

I ran out of dog treats a couple of days ago. Jedi had to go without a pig ear for one night. I hope the cops don't come for me.

Another one that likes pig ears?? gee, I thought my dog was the only one that liked that nasty stuff!:(

Originally posted by MtnBiker
I ran out of dog treats a couple of days ago. Jedi had to go without a pig ear for one night. I hope the cops don't come for me.
Your cutie putie chocolate lab is named "Jedi". I love it!

My goofy pug's name is "Jerome Bettis".

Originally posted by janeeng
Another one that likes pig ears?? gee, I thought my dog was the only one that liked that nasty stuff!:(
Yeah, he loves them. Sam's Club is the best buy that I have found. A bag of 25 ears for 10 bucks.

Originally posted by Moi
Your cutie putie chocolate lab is named "Jedi". I love it!

My goofy pug's name is "Jerome Bettis".
I knew it was Jerome but not with the Bettis. That's pretty funny, however not surprising coming from the same household with Jim.:cool:

Told you anything goes in NY!!!! I guess it's more an area from were Eric is at!!! I am sure we can package up some for him - Petco having a sale right now on them!

Forum List

Back