Animal Cruelty - What to do?

Shattered said:
Humans can get a freakin job. Dogs can't. :)

(You don't wanna travel down this road, trust me.. You're *really* gonna love me.)
i love ya.... well parts of ya...hehehehe

nosarcasm said:
well what stops tragedies to begin with is sterilize your cat or dog.
As I did with mine, it cuts down on the number of animals
that get gassed by the humaine society.

And dont get me wrong, I have nothing against you caring about
animals. I just have a lower upset level about it.

What really is irritating is that people feel superior for their opinions.

It is a frigging oppinion. When you talk to vegans they act like
they are gods chosen ones. And you are the devil for eating
animals.

What the hell does the humane society gassing an animal have to do with you ALLOWING (condoning) the *beating* of a PET by another human being?

My pets are all fixed, and have been since they were old enough to BE fixed. That has nothing to do with someone hauling off and beating the crap out of them for no reason.

YOU are the type of human that makes some people like animals more.

I never condoned the beating of animals. :lame2:

You are superiority is only in your mind.

You insinuatiations end our discussion.

Fantastic. I'm not sure I can stand another round of "I don't beat my animals, but it's ok if you want to beat yours - I'll just look the other way."

elephant said:
Did no one read my previous post? It is #29 in the thread.

Except Johnney, you seem to have a sense of humor.
yes i did read it, and yes i do have a sense of humor, but i wasnt kidding

Oh yeah, I know how I'd handle this. I'd see something like that, jump the fence and call the police. I'd stand guard on the dog and the pipe until the police showed up, and if the dude came out I'd kick his ass. Oh and the only criminal record I have is assult and battery on a dude for hurting a kitten, so I'm not blowing out my ass when I say I'd kick his.

In the 20 minutes before the dude came back out, WTF were you doing? Why not call the police right then? The pipes there, the dude's there and the dog's there bleeding with a broken leg.

Oh and the one that said mind your own business cause a dog is property well you need a reality check. True you own a pet, but it is a living thing that can feel pain and love. No one's acting like a animal is superior to a human cause they care for a animal and don't want it hurt. To have the attitude that you should just look the other way and mind your own business when a animal is getting hurt is mean. Do you feel the same way when a dude is hitting a chick?

i can not stand to see someone hurt a dog or any animal, they should have the samething done to them , and not be a loud to have another anmial , it should be put on record ,and when they try to get one , there should be a red flag . and also put on the internet so people that live around them will know and can call animal control,

freeandfun1 said:
Yesterday my nephew and I were in my bedroom, which is on the second floor and overlooks my neighbors yard. Our neighbors have a sweet german shepard that is about 5 months old and named "Sparky". Sparky was sitting out in the yard, soaking up the sun when we saw the owner of the home come out into the backyard. He bent over, picked up a piece of metal and threw it at Sparky and hit him in the leg. Sparky started yelping loudly and blood was going all over the place. Now it isn't like the dog was doing anything, he was just sit'n there.

The owner went inside and about 20 minutes later, he came out with a towel. Sparky was still yelping, bleeding and limping all over the yard in obvious pain. The guy started wiping the blood on the leg and looking at it and then he took Sparky and left. Today I see Sparky again in the yard, laying on the grass, soaking up the sun, but now he has a big cast on his leg. He looks soooo sad.

We are moving next week and I am thinking of "dog-napping" Sparky. Reporting the neighbor won't do any good, cuz he will just deny it and I will just be accused of making trouble.

Should I dognap Sparky and take him to our new home?

Unfortunately, you leaving and the dog disappearing will get you in trouble...there will be no doubt as to where the dog went (in my opinion)

I would rather you call the cops, and animal control to get the asshole next door "on the radar," so to speak, of the authorities.

Is the piece of metal he threw, still in the yard...chances are the dog had an X-ray, and the piece of metal is the key. His fingerprints, and maybe even some of the dog's blood.

Do it the right way. Your word against his...you are a witness to a crime! Do the right thing!

Fmr jarhead said:
Unfortunately, you leaving and the dog disappearing will get you in trouble...there will be no doubt as to where the dog went (in my opinion)

I would rather you call the cops, and animal control to get the asshole next door "on the radar," so to speak, of the authorities.

Is the piece of metal he threw, still in the yard...chances are the dog had an X-ray, and the piece of metal is the key. His fingerprints, and maybe even some of the dog's blood.

Do it the right way. Your word against his...you are a witness to a crime!<b> Do the right thing!</b>
bust him in his knee caps with a bat!

Johnney said:
bust him in his knee caps with a bat!

Oh yeah...and that, too!

Protecting the innocent sometimes calls for drastic measures, but still requires that we do the right thing...whatever that is in the moment.

We reported the incident to Animal Control and they said they would investigate. They also told us, however, that it is highly unlikely the dog will be taken away or even if it is, it will probably be returned. They told me to call back in a couple of weeks and they can tell me what happened.

If Animal Control does keep it and he is not adopted, it is possible he will be put to sleep. However, since he is only five months old and a German Shepard, the police department might adopt him. I just hope it doesn't end up being put to sleep if nobody adopts him. He was just too big and only going to get bigger, so I didn't think it was a good idea for us to take him.

freeandfun1 said:
We reported the incident to Animal Control and they said they would investigate. They also told us, however, that it is highly unlikely the dog will be taken away or even if it is, it will probably be returned. They told me to call back in a couple of weeks and they can tell me what happened.

If Animal Control does keep it and he is not adopted, it is possible he will be put to sleep. However, since he is only five months old and a German Shepard, the police department might adopt him. I just hope it doesn't end up being put to sleep if nobody adopts him. He was just too big and only going to get bigger, so I didn't think it was a good idea for us to take him.

personally i would have jsut taken it. no matter that i moved at the same time or not. let them prove i took it. coincidence. im not a rocket surgeon, but im sure i wouldnt have put the animal in the same place for a little bit of time.

Personally, as illegal as it is... If I knew there was no chance of me getting caught, I'd steal him...

In a more likely scenario, I'd be going to jail for assault & battery, because I'd have let loose as soon as I saw him hit the dog.

Been there done that. Didn't get in trouble though. If you're moving away hell yeah. That scumbag is just gonna do it again.

Yesterday my nephew and I were in my bedroom, which is on the second floor and overlooks my neighbors yard. Our neighbors have a sweet german shepard that is about 5 months old and named "Sparky". Sparky was sitting out in the yard, soaking up the sun when we saw the owner of the home come out into the backyard. He bent over, picked up a piece of metal and threw it at Sparky and hit him in the leg. Sparky started yelping loudly and blood was going all over the place. Now it isn't like the dog was doing anything, he was just sit'n there.

The owner went inside and about 20 minutes later, he came out with a towel. Sparky was still yelping, bleeding and limping all over the yard in obvious pain. The guy started wiping the blood on the leg and looking at it and then he took Sparky and left. Today I see Sparky again in the yard, laying on the grass, soaking up the sun, but now he has a big cast on his leg. He looks soooo sad.

We are moving next week and I am thinking of "dog-napping" Sparky. Reporting the neighbor won't do any good, cuz he will just deny it and I will just be accused of making trouble.

"Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

That said, report him anyway. May already have complaints against him and this additional one could be the one that gets him tossed in jail. If you have a videocam or cam-phone capability, when you go looking out your window into his yard have it ready to go to document evidence.

Stealing the dog is illegal. Whacking the guy's leg with a tire-iron or baseball bat is illegal too. That said, most juries would be sympathetic I'd think as long as you kept retaliation equal to the original offense. ;)

Yes.

Do it.

Absolutely.

Just make sure no one sees you and your neighbor has no idea where you moving to.

I've dognapped dogs out of abusive homes before. I would not recommend it because that would be illegal. For one thing, you don't know if Sparky has been chipped and would be returned to the abusive home the first time you took him in for annual shots.

You should have called the police immediately, then called the ASPCA, and started a program of complaints until Sparky was removed from the abusive home. It would be war. Open war until that dog was out of that house.

Forum List

Back