Animal Abuse Laws and Irrationality

You know, you post some thread titles which indicate that the topic may be interesting - but I cannot stand reading that obnoxious large blue serif-style font.

So - no comment.

It required THIRTY words to say you have nothing to say? I'm not going to be bullied into changing back to the fucking default. If the Mods or Site Owner REQUIRES me to do so, I will conform. But merely to suit fussbudgets and officious intermeddlers? Nope.

Why the hell even bother to join a web site dedicated to airing different POVs if conformity is your God?

Well can you give us the cliffnotes version of it? My eyes hurt from reading that much blue.

Dunno what to tell ya, Father Time. I feel ya, I truely do...but to me, it seems somewhat more important that I can read what the hell I have written.

The older I get the more I appreciate that dogs are better people than most people.

FWIW, I also find the very large blue type a bit of a problem.

But if you do that to save your eyes then post in whatever way works best for you.

Some comedian once said: "Dogs are the greatest. You can make the stupidest remark in the world, and your dog will just sit there, looking up at you with adoring eyes which say - 'What a truly great person you are.'" (paraphrasing here)

The older I get the more I appreciate that dogs are better people than most people.

FWIW, I also find the very large blue type a bit of a problem.

But if you do that to save your eyes then post in whatever way works best for you.

Some comedian once said: "Dogs are the greatest. You can make the stupidest remark in the world, and your dog will just sit there, looking up at you with adoring eyes which say - 'What a truly great person you are.'" (paraphrasing here)

There's no doubt some animals are very attuned to their owners' emotions. I had a cat in college named Prissy; if she wouldn't cuddle with a new guy I was dating, I kinda knew he was gonna turn out to be a "bad relationship". That cat never got it wrong.

Weird, some of the stuff animals can do.

I remember when LBJ lifted up the beagle by it's ears. I saw it on the 6 o'clock news the day it happened. People did think it was not a cool thing to do. I would say that LBJ decided not to seek reelection because of his lack of popularity due to the Viet Nam War rather than picking up this hound dog by it's ears.

He's not even holding the dog up by the ears. He's obviously holding the dog up by the collar and attached chain which is firmly clutched in his hand.

Of course, I know that's beside the point.

I dunno. I kinda sorta think that IS the point. We had a case here recently that illustrates this.

ASPCA workers were called after toddlers were seen tossing kittens from the second story window of a home. All pets removed. Home in horrific conditions; kidlets starved, dirty, etc. other clearly 100% off the rails.

The ASPCA workers reported the abuse of the children, but no one cared to go look. The neighbors, apparently outraged by the animal abuse, turned a blind eye to the suffering of those kids. When they were finally rescued, the one two year old was found duct taped to a chair after having been severely beaten, and all the children had been beaten, starved, etc.

Why do we get so exersized over animals and ignore the suffering of helpless children? What sense does that make?

Because it certainly makes NONE at all to me.

Humane officer took cats from Cleveland home, but kids left in squalor | cleveland.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back