Angry mob assaults peaceful protester at Old War Skule

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
An angry mob stormed a university campus yesterday to stop a student burning the U.S. flag in support of the 'human rights' of suspected terrorists.

Louisiana State University student Ben Haas widely advertised his 'free speech' protest on social networking sites in an attempt to draw attention to the supposed maltreatment of those suspected of terrorism.

But the event did not go quite as planned after patriotic students turned up in their hundreds, booing loudly, heckling and chanting 'USA! USA!' in a huge counter-protest which stopped him from going through with his threat.

Read more: 'USA! USA!': Angry mob arrives in hundreds to stop student's flag-burning protest | Mail Online

Ashamed to say I'm a graduate of that great institution.

An angry mob stormed a university campus yesterday to stop a student burning the U.S. flag in support of the 'human rights' of suspected terrorists.

Louisiana State University student Ben Haas widely advertised his 'free speech' protest on social networking sites in an attempt to draw attention to the supposed maltreatment of those suspected of terrorism.

But the event did not go quite as planned after patriotic students turned up in their hundreds, booing loudly, heckling and chanting 'USA! USA!' in a huge counter-protest which stopped him from going through with his threat.

Read more: 'USA! USA!': Angry mob arrives in hundreds to stop student's flag-burning protest | Mail Online

Ashamed to say I'm a graduate of that great institution.

If no one was hurt....I would say "Working as Intended"

Free speech cuts both ways.

Funny how that works.

Throwing water at someone without their consent isn't free speech, its a crime.

Yes, water balloons are a crime.

But that is not what stopped him. It was the others using their free speech.

It's the "heckler’s veto" and it's wrong no matter which side is doing it. The would be flag burner douche-bag had a right to speak free of the threat of violence or actual violence (if that's not to strong a word for water balloons).

Ugly scene.

Stupid liberals always claim conservatives are a mob, but ignore left wing goons that actually attack others at rallies and destroy property. Nevermind the death threats like the piece of crap teacher in WI emailing death threats to Republican officials. She and her girlfriend in jail can form their own angry mob.

Bush let Bin Laden go. The ultimate support.

Thank gawd for Obama.

Free speech cuts both ways.

Funny how that works.

You can't stop someone from speaking using free speech itself - you can only do it using illegal force you unpatriotic storm trooping twat.

It's the "heckler’s veto" and it's wrong no matter which side is doing it. The would be flag burner douche-bag had a right to speak free of the threat of violence or actual violence (if that's not to strong a word for water balloons).

Ugly scene.

He didn't burn a flag. And if the freedom hating douchebags who were heckling had shut their stupid mouths to listen to his speech, they would have heard him say that he WASN'T going to burn a flag.

Fucking morons.

You can't stop someone from speaking using free speech itself - you can only do it using illegal force you unpatriotic storm trooping twat.

I'm glad you realize that they didn't force him to stop. He chose to stop.

Good jerb on the reading comprehension :thup:

Stupid liberals always claim conservatives are a mob, but ignore left wing goons that actually attack others at rallies and destroy property..

I'm sorry shit for brains, I didn't see anyone on Haas's side destory any property in the video. Maybe since you're so much smarter than the rest of us that don't have excrement floating around between our ears, you can show us where int he video that happened. All I can see is some ignorant rednecks yelling and throwing water at some idealistic hippie kid.

Dude the cops made him stop. Did you watch the video or are you stupid?

From the article:

Martin added that he was pleased the student changed his mind and opted not to burn the flag.

Now you know.

:thup:

From the article:

Martin added that he was pleased the student changed his mind and opted not to burn the flag.

Now you know.

He didn't change his mind AT the protest you ignorant moron, his decision to NOT burn the flag was made BEFORE he walked into the parade grounds
The fact that he wasn't going to burn the flag was in his prepared speech that he had in his fucking hand that he walked onto the parade grounds with. Please, please, please, just stop being stupid. Just for a second.

From the article:

Now you know.

He didn't change his mind AT the protest you ignorant moron, his decision to NOT burn the flag was made BEFORE he walked into the parade grounds
The fact that he wasn't going to burn the flag was in his prepared speech that he had in his fucking hand that he walked onto the parade grounds with. Please, please, please, just stop being stupid. Just for a second.

You seem to have an issue with facts.

I'm sorry.

Forum List

Back