Angry migrant underclass might erupt in U.S.

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:shock:

Posted on Sun, Nov. 04, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY ANDRES OPPENHEIMER
[email protected]
The rapid escalation of the U.S. anti-immigration hysteria -- fueled by ratings-hungry cable-television hotheads and leading Republican presidential hopefuls -- is a dangerous trend: It may lead to a Hispanic intifada that may rock this nation in the not-so-distant future.
Remember the Palestinian intifada of the early 1990s, when thousands of frustrated young Palestinians took to the streets and threw stones at Israeli troops? Remember the French intifada of the summer of 2005, in which disenfranchised Muslim youths burned cars and stores in the suburbs of Paris?

If we are not careful, we may see something similar coming from the estimated 13 million undocumented immigrants in the United States, most of them Hispanic, who are increasingly vilified in the media, forced further into the underground by spineless politicians and not given any chance to legalize their status by a pusillanimous U.S. Congress.

We are creating an underclass of people who won't leave this country and, realistically, can't be deported. They and their children are living with no prospect of earning a legal status, no matter how hard they work for it. Many of them will become increasingly frustrated, angry, and some of them eventually may turn violent.

I was thinking about all of this when I read about last week's U.S. Senate refusal to pass the Dream Act, a bill that would offer a path to legalization to children of undocumented immigrants who were brought to the United States at a very young age, and who get a college degree or serve in the military.

SNIP:
You may have violated a rule, but that should not make you an ''illegal'' person. You may have gotten a ticket for speeding, but that doesn't make you an ''illegal'' human being, even if the potential harm of your reckless driving is much greater than anything done by most of the hard-working undocumented immigrants in this country.

Carrying out enforcement-only policies, labeling undocumented workers as ''illegals'' and depriving them of hope for upward mobility -- rather than working toward greater economic cooperation with Latin America to reduce migration pressures -- is not only wrong, but dangerous. The millions of undocumented among us will not leave. They will only get angrier.

read the rest...and lots of comments..
http://www.miamiherald.com/418/story/295183.html

BY ANDRES OPPENHEIMER
[email protected]
The rapid escalation of the U.S. anti-immigration hysteria -- fueled by ratings-hungry cable-television hotheads and leading Republican presidential hopefuls -- is a dangerous trend: It may lead to a Hispanic intifada that may rock this nation in the not-so-distant future.
Remember the Palestinian intifada of the early 1990s, when thousands of frustrated young Palestinians took to the streets and threw stones at Israeli troops? Remember the French intifada of the summer of 2005, in which disenfranchised Muslim youths burned cars and stores in the suburbs of Paris?

If we are not careful, we may see something similar coming from the estimated 13 million undocumented immigrants in the United States, most of them Hispanic, who are increasingly vilified in the media, forced further into the underground by spineless politicians and not given any chance to legalize their status by a pusillanimous U.S. Congress.

We are creating an underclass of people who won't leave this country and, realistically, can't be deported. They and their children are living with no prospect of earning a legal status, no matter how hard they work for it. Many of them will become increasingly frustrated, angry, and some of them eventually may turn violent.

I was thinking about all of this when I read about last week's U.S. Senate refusal to pass the Dream Act, a bill that would offer a path to legalization to children of undocumented immigrants who were brought to the United States at a very young age, and who get a college degree or serve in the military.

SNIP:
You may have violated a rule, but that should not make you an ''illegal'' person. You may have gotten a ticket for speeding, but that doesn't make you an ''illegal'' human being, even if the potential harm of your reckless driving is much greater than anything done by most of the hard-working undocumented immigrants in this country.

Carrying out enforcement-only policies, labeling undocumented workers as ''illegals'' and depriving them of hope for upward mobility -- rather than working toward greater economic cooperation with Latin America to reduce migration pressures -- is not only wrong, but dangerous. The millions of undocumented among us will not leave. They will only get angrier.

BRING IT !!!

Illegal aliens have no right to bitch about being called ILLEGAL and being forced to go "underground". They have no right to expect amnesty and to be made legal.

If they riot I suggest we use the military surround the riot and deport them all to Mexico, let those that are US citizens find their way back legally. If they use force, we escalate and use more force, dead illegals are almost as good as deported illegals.

If your breaking the law you do not have the right to protest that your being hunted for breaking the law. Open rebellion by them would be a great day for those of us opposed to this crap, it would force those that want to ignore the problem to wake the FUCK up. It would help make those politicians that think amnesty is a good idea be made to look the fools they are.

dead illegals are almost as good as deported illegals.

a little harsh maybe but a great line...i like the way you said ALMOST showing you preferred deportation ....but if you wanna get uppity about well.....

BY ANDRES OPPENHEIMER
[email protected]

SNIP:

Let them revolt, that is why we have the National Guard. This writer is seriously F%^&ed in the head.

Illegal aliens have no right to bitch about being called ILLEGAL and being forced to go "underground". They have no right to expect amnesty and to be made legal.

If they riot I suggest we use the military surround the riot and deport them all to Mexico, let those that are US citizens find their way back legally. If they use force, we escalate and use more force, dead illegals are almost as good as deported illegals.

If your breaking the law you do not have the right to protest that your being hunted for breaking the law. Open rebellion by them would be a great day for those of us opposed to this crap, it would force those that want to ignore the problem to wake the FUCK up. It would help make those politicians that think amnesty is a good idea be made to look the fools they are.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I want to share a story about an incident that happened to my wife and me.

My wife and I visited Dallas one weekend. Unfortunately, it was during some type of protest march. The streets were flooded with marchers. People were waving American and Mexican flags. There were chants and many signs. We got lost while we were trying to find some usual attractions (Museums, Zoos, shops, etc.) We realized that we would have to walk through a crowd of protesters to get to where we wanted to be. My wife and I held hands and tried to squeeze through the steadily moving group. It was more difficult than walking through a crowded mosh pit. Yet, something happened while were moving through it. See. I doubt that anyone could look more like a WASP than me: I’m tall, thin, and pale with a slightly European accent. No once could mistake me for a Latino. I felt so out of place. Yet, no one shoved me. No one yelled at me. No one tried to pick a fight with me. No one said, “Hey, you don’t belong in this parade!” I even accidentally bumped into a stroller that someone was pushing. I was about to apologize when the couple that owned the stroller actually apologized to me and tried their best to get out of my way. I was very impressed with what I saw. I admit that the traffic was backed up and we had to drive much more slowly than I would have liked when we entered and left Dallas. I might disagree with their position with respect to immigration. I might even still think that illegal immigrants need to be sent home, but I have a new and better appreciation and respect for the Latinos (aside from their illegal status) ever since I figuratively and literally bumped into several on my visit to Dallas.

I want to share a story about an incident that happened to my wife and me.

My wife and I visited Dallas one weekend. Unfortunately, it was during some type of protest march. The streets were flooded with marchers. People were waving American and Mexican flags. There were chants and many signs. We got lost while we were trying to find some usual attractions (Museums, Zoos, shops, etc.) We realized that we would have to walk through a crowd of protesters to get to where we wanted to be. My wife and I held hands and tried to squeeze through the steadily moving group. It was more difficult than walking through a crowded mosh pit. Yet, something happened while were moving through it. See. I doubt that anyone could look more like a WASP than me: I’m tall, thin, and pale with a slightly European accent. No once could mistake me for a Latino. I felt so out of place. Yet, no one shoved me. No one yelled at me. No one tried to pick a fight with me. No one said, “Hey, you don’t belong in this parade!” I even accidentally bumped into a stroller that someone was pushing. I was about to apologize when the couple that owned the stroller actually apologized to me and tried their best to get out of my way. I was very impressed with what I saw. I admit that the traffic was backed up and we had to drive much more slowly than I would have liked when we entered and left Dallas. I might disagree with their position with respect to immigration. I might even still think that illegal immigrants need to be sent home, but I have a new and better appreciation and respect for the Latinos (aside from their illegal status) ever since I figuratively and literally bumped into several on my visit to Dallas.

Man, you are pretty easy to please. I think a lot of Jews under Hitler would have been eager to find good things to say about the Nazis, especially when they were marching through the Jewish ghettos. It's a natural reaction to oppressors. It's called the Stockholm Syndrome.

Man, you are pretty easy to please. I think a lot of Jews under Hitler would have been eager to find good things to say about the Nazis, especially when they were marching through the Jewish ghettos. It's a natural reaction to oppressors. It's called the Stockholm Syndrome.

I think that you posted a poor comparison. The Latinos are not Nazis. Even pretending that they are, we can practically vote them out of the USA and send them home. The citizens of Germany could not remove the Nazis.

You are almost unfathomable to me. No. I don’t have Stockholm syndrome. No one is holding me hostage. I think that we should build a fence, punish business that hire illegal aliens, and send illegal immigrants back to where they came from. I am free to say that. Yet, until they leave, I can get along with them. I am polite and civil, even with those who strongly disagree with me. I don’t have to wear my prejudices and biases and political position on my sleeve or like a stick on my shoulder. I think that I can live around just about anyone while holding onto my own identity and values. When it comes time to vote, I think that I will vote for national security and border security and those who support such measures.

Which has nothing what so ever to do with this piece of garbage called a story. The writer is attempting to Coerce America into legalizing illegal aliens, by threatening to create a riot.

Further the claims made are ignorant and unbelievable. Illegal aliens do NOT have the right to drive, to work, to do anything except leave this country. As individual citizens we should treat all other people with respect, but that does not include aiding and abetting their criminal behavior. Not by justifiying their illegal entry and stay in our country, not by trying to incite them to riot.

This "reporter" should be arrested and charged with incitement to riot, in my opinion.

Which has nothing what so ever to do with this piece of garbage called a story. The writer is attempting to Coerce America into legalizing illegal aliens, by threatening to create a riot.

Further the claims made are ignorant and unbelievable. Illegal aliens do NOT have the right to drive, to work, to do anything except leave this country. As individual citizens we should treat all other people with respect, but that does not include aiding and abetting their criminal behavior. Not by justifiying their illegal entry and stay in our country, not by trying to incite them to riot.

This "reporter" should be arrested and charged with incitement to riot, in my opinion.

There are shades of gray. Few things are black and white. Certain statements and speeches perhaps should not be allowed when they are likely to incite a riot. I think that this does not fall into such a category. If it had little bit more emotional rhetoric and came with charismatic speeches in Hispanic neighborhoods, and if it more clearly and directly advocated violence, perhaps some charges could be made.

There are shades of gray. Few things are black and white. Certain statements and speeches perhaps should not be allowed when they are likely to incite a riot. I think that this does not fall into such a category. If it had little bit more emotional rhetoric and came with charismatic speeches in Hispanic neighborhoods, and if it more clearly and directly advocated violence, perhaps some charges could be made.

I would further investigate his ass for attempting to start armed insurrection, for advocating the violent overthrow of our Government and for encouraging foreign nationals to attack our citizens and our Government physically.

In a single simple expressionBS

oh come on, guys!

If we can create Israel then SURELY we can create Atzlan!

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back