Angry conservatives wrongly accuse one of their own...

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Limbaugh host wrongly accuses area spa | Richmond Times-Dispatch

When Henrico County businessman Mike Vines applied for a loan to open a second spa, he never imagined his transaction would become fodder for a national radio show.

But that's exactly what happened yesterday when a guest host on conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh's radio show accused the co-owner of Escape Massage of tak ing federal stimulus money.

This is what happens....

The really funny part is that he protested against the 'stimulus for a massage parlor' himself!

This is due partly to the funny money way the 0bama administration has been accounting for stimulus funds, and partly because the guy didn't know he was a recipient himself. He thought he was getting a standard SBA loan. But 'stimulus ' records it as a success and something new and exciting, even thogh it was just a loan he would have gotten otherwise.

Kind of rude to disrupt his business like that though

What for? The facts are right. He runs a massage parlor. He got stimulus funds. Even he thinks massage parlors shouldn't receive stimulus funds.

What for? The facts are right. He runs a massage parlor. He got stimulus funds. Even he thinks massage parlors shouldn't receive stimulus funds.

No. Read the story again. He applied for, and received a small business loan from a BANK. The only role the stimulus plays is that it guarantees the loan should the debtor default.

No. Read the story again. He applied for, and received a small business loan from a BANK. The only role the stimulus plays is that it guarantees the loan should the debtor default.

"The only role"??? Are you freakin kidding?? The bank wouldn't have made the loan to begin with. The stimulus is entirely responsible for that POS.

Not even that really...the SBA has guaranteed loans for years, I think.

And it isn't a message parlor, is it? It is a spa.

Quite right. What he knew was that he was applying for a standard SBA loan from the bank. I am pretty sure from what I read of the article, he would have got the loan stimulus or not. The 0bama people counted it as stimulus and reported it as providing funds for a massage parlor. He read the news that a massage parlor was getting these funds and he protested it. That is what makes the story so funny and rich.

It was typical 0bama accounting as stimulus for something that really wasn't.

For those here who listened to Mark Steyn today.. did he talk about this? It would be interesting to know if he did comment. But the facts were as he reported them... Stimulus funds were used for something that really wasn't necessary.

Quite right. What he knew was that he was applying for a standard SBA loan from the bank. I am pretty sure from what I read of the article, he would have got the loan stimulus or not. The 0bama people counted it as stimulus and reported it as providing funds for a massage parlor. He read the news that a massage parlor was getting these funds and he protested it. That is what makes the story so funny and rich.

It was typical 0bama accounting as stimulus for something that really wasn't.

For those here who listened to Mark Steyn today.. did he talk about this? It would be interesting to know if he did comment. But the facts were as he reported them... Stimulus funds were used for something that really wasn't necessary.
:lol: That could be true. But it could also be argued that without the stimulus funds the SBA would have folded. Regardless, to criticize someone for getting a loan is pretty out there.

:eusa_eh:

LOL - I think what is even funnier are the folks who are so indoctrinated that they have to try to spin the story into truth.

Man, now THERE are some wingbots

Forum List

Back