Angry Conservative

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BuckToothMoron, Apr 3, 2016.

1. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,008
    Not sure where this is going...it all started when I referenced Your "80% of democrats support Hillary" and I commented that I never saw that poll. Now you feel compelled to tell me people make a living analyzing polls, thanks for that btw, I had no idea, and that has made me hostile to ......wait, who am I hostile toward again?

2. Martin Eden Mercury

Martin Eden Mercury VIP Member Op-ed Contributor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +426
    That subject has been polled for about a year now, and you have not heard that statistic? I have to ask, where do you get your information?

3. BuckToothMoron

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,008
    Which information are you specifically referring to?

4. Martin Eden Mercury

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +426
    BuckToothMoron, Hillary Clinton's popularity/favorability ratings with Democrats has been polled over and over again. I am aware that certain news outlets give those stories short shrift, and that most partisan blogs and web sites give it little, or severely negative attention.

5. BuckToothMoron

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,008

Favorability Ratings Show Hillary Clinton Is Unelectable and Bernie Sanders Wins a General Election

Look, my point is that there are so many polls taken, and I am not inclined to spend a bunch of time parsing through them to determine their validity. Therefore when somebody uses a poll to make a prediction, defend a position or whatever, I tend to be less impressed. That's all, no wrong or right, just not the type of information I consider good for drawing conclusions. Let's let it go. We are on the same side here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Martin Eden Mercury

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +426
    Okay, I see. I get interested when I see opinion pieces that use polling data to back up a partisan attack, used as objective analysis of polling data.

I do not "spend a bunch of time parsing through them to determine their validity." What I do is go to people and web sites that have a great track record of doing that for the rest of us. I especially like Nate Silver and 538 if only because they explain their methods of analysis. They do this with sports as well as with politics. I use Gallup for general questions because they got out of the politics horse races and now spend time polling issues. Then there are The Green Papers: United States Presidential Election 2016 there are more sites and people I follow

I do not give much credence to the polling talking points of campaigns or partisan media (unless they have a great track record).

7. BuckToothMoron

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,008
    Kudos, you are clearly more qualified to comment on good versus bad polls than I am.

8. Martin Eden Mercury

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +426
    Not really, but I am informed on the subject

9. Mertex

Mertex Cat Lady =^..^=

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,455
    Misery likes company....but I hate to break your bubble....there is no Democratic party trying to derail one of its candidates....and most Hillary supporters will gladly vote for Bernie, should it come to that. Your party is a mess.....but don't try to console yourself by trying to make it seem that the Democratic party is in the same kind of shit bowl....good luck with your brokered convention....it will be fun to watch the Trumpsters riot....too bad they decided not to allow open carry at the convention.........:D

Not sure you're going to remain.....most weird named noobs just want to vent....but Welcome, anyway!

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,793
    I think you've been bamboozled. First of all, why are conservatives so angry? I can see being angry in 2008 and it's taken awhile but really the only people still hurting are uneducated blue collar workers. Are you one of these people? Because this is who trumps trying to win over. I don't believe Republicans truly care about these people because usually their advice to these people who took a step backward is for them to start their own business or go back to school. Now trumps gonna fix NAFTA? If we want to do that we'll need more liberal pro union politicians.

It's an election year. Either that's why you are worked up or you are a victim. Tell me your story. Is it your fault or someone else.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1