Angry Conservative

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders. Frankly, I will not vote for any candidate, but rather most certainly against either Clinton or Cruz...NO C's for me. And there just might be a way to keep both the awful C's out.

If the republicans disregard the clear choice candidate per the primaries they will definitely lose in November. Voters like me, and especially those who actually ballyhoo Trump for president wIll refuse to vote for anybody but Trump. We will either not vote, perhaps childishly cut off our nose and vote for the Dem, or (this is my preference) support a Third party run by the Trumpster. Remember, I am no Trumpite, but I am sick of the worn out joke of a party, the Gop. As a note- I would discourage anyone from being loyal to any party in lieu of being true to your own dogma.

So the conventional wisdom is that no 3rd party candidate can win, but we are already sailing a political ark in a sea like no other. Trump is 50% ahead of Cruz, his mouth is a boiling cauldron of vile, putrid muck, and the steamy ejects always land and sear his opponents. The closer the opponent is to the Republican establishment the more he is seared. Jeb-gone! Rubio tripped on his own tongue trying to avoid the scalding ejections. He's out! The armored suit Cruz built by calling Mitch "the ditch" McConnell a liar on the senate floor protects him, but does not allow him to advance. And John Kasich is a little gnat that merely survives by being to small to hit.

But Trump can't win with Only the support of disgruntled conservatives, so look around the corner and down the street. There you will find another group who has had it with what their party is shoving down their throats. The Bernie folks hate Clinton the way Trumpsters hate the Republicans. Short of an indictment, these guys will have to vote for Clinton, not vote, or ( my preference) support a third party canidate.

If Trump would wage a third party candidacy and ask Bernie to VP the ticket they could win, and in the process redraw the political lines. They can manufacture a platform to draw all people who hate the establishment.

Will somebody get these two guys in a room?
I think you've been bamboozled. First of all, why are conservatives so angry? I can see being angry in 2008 and it's taken awhile but really the only people still hurting are uneducated blue collar workers. Are you one of these people? Because this is who trumps trying to win over. I don't believe Republicans truly care about these people because usually their advice to these people who took a step backward is for them to start their own business or go back to school. Now trumps gonna fix NAFTA? If we want to do that we'll need more liberal pro union politicians.

It's an election year. Either that's why you are worked up or you are a victim. Tell me your story. Is it your fault or someone else.

Dear sealybobo
For conservatives who are serious in their beliefs against running social programs and agenda through govt, this trend is completely disturbing, destructive, and backwards with no way out.

If all the conservatives are preaching to keep control of funds, policies and programs OUT of govt hands, but more and more is going INTO govt hands.

And if all the liberal politicians keep SELLING this "dependence on govt" as benefits to get voters to support this trend, then this will never end but keep going in that direction.

So of course conservatives are fed up with this.

The ones who are hypocrites about it may be even MORE upset. So it's ironic if the ones who HAVE been building programs outside of govt and "practicing what they've preached all along" may be MORE at peace (because they don't depend on govt in the first place); while the ones who HAVE been depending on govt and politics are the ones REALLY at odds. Because they have grown as dependent as the liberals they claimed to be different from.

I hope this means pushing more people to invest and develop sustainable programs outside of govt controls, so this doesn't affect them so much. If conservatives are right, then we shouldn't be depending on govt. And if liberals are right about being 'all inclusive with diversity' then that ALSO means everyone organizing things on a grassroots "DIY" level so everyone gets their way regardless how different our needs and beliefs are.

For either liberals or conservatives to achieve their ultimate goals, people need to "do it ourselves" anyway.

Anyone who "lives in fear" that the "other party" is going to push "THEIR agenda through govt" at the expense of others, that spells misery. You can't depend on govt to "establish your religion" -- anyone who depends on govt for that is missing the point.

I am an angry conservative, and I can see there is a similar outrage being manifested on the other side as well. Voters of both political ilk are showing real disdain for their respective establishment leaders. Frankly, I will not vote for any candidate, but rather most certainly against either Clinton or Cruz...NO C's for me. And there just might be a way to keep both the awful C's out.

If the republicans disregard the clear choice candidate per the primaries they will definitely lose in November. Voters like me, and especially those who actually ballyhoo Trump for president wIll refuse to vote for anybody but Trump. We will either not vote, perhaps childishly cut off our nose and vote for the Dem, or (this is my preference) support a Third party run by the Trumpster. Remember, I am no Trumpite, but I am sick of the worn out joke of a party, the Gop. As a note- I would discourage anyone from being loyal to any party in lieu of being true to your own dogma.

So the conventional wisdom is that no 3rd party candidate can win, but we are already sailing a political ark in a sea like no other. Trump is 50% ahead of Cruz, his mouth is a boiling cauldron of vile, putrid muck, and the steamy ejects always land and sear his opponents. The closer the opponent is to the Republican establishment the more he is seared. Jeb-gone! Rubio tripped on his own tongue trying to avoid the scalding ejections. He's out! The armored suit Cruz built by calling Mitch "the ditch" McConnell a liar on the senate floor protects him, but does not allow him to advance. And John Kasich is a little gnat that merely survives by being to small to hit.

But Trump can't win with Only the support of disgruntled conservatives, so look around the corner and down the street. There you will find another group who has had it with what their party is shoving down their throats. The Bernie folks hate Clinton the way Trumpsters hate the Republicans. Short of an indictment, these guys will have to vote for Clinton, not vote, or ( my preference) support a third party canidate.

If Trump would wage a third party candidacy and ask Bernie to VP the ticket they could win, and in the process redraw the political lines. They can manufacture a platform to draw all people who hate the establishment.

I think you've been bamboozled. First of all, why are conservatives so angry? I can see being angry in 2008 and it's taken awhile but really the only people still hurting are uneducated blue collar workers. Are you one of these people? Because this is who trumps trying to win over. I don't believe Republicans truly care about these people because usually their advice to these people who took a step backward is for them to start their own business or go back to school. Now trumps gonna fix NAFTA? If we want to do that we'll need more liberal pro union politicians.

It's an election year. Either that's why you are worked up or you are a victim. Tell me your story. Is it your fault or someone else.

Dear sealybobo
For conservatives who are serious in their beliefs against running social programs and agenda through govt, this trend is completely disturbing, destructive, and backwards with no way out.

If all the conservatives are preaching to keep control of funds, policies and programs OUT of govt hands, but more and more is going INTO govt hands.

And if all the liberal politicians keep SELLING this "dependence on govt" as benefits to get voters to support this trend, then this will never end but keep going in that direction.

The ones who are hypocrites about it may be even MORE upset. So it's ironic if the ones who HAVE been building programs outside of govt and "practicing what they've preached all along" may be MORE at peace (because they don't depend on govt in the first place); while the ones who HAVE been depending on govt and politics are the ones REALLY at odds. Because they have grown as dependent as the liberals they claimed to be different from.

I hope this means pushing more people to invest and develop sustainable programs outside of govt controls, so this doesn't affect them so much. If conservatives are right, then we shouldn't be depending on govt. And if liberals are right about being 'all inclusive with diversity' then that ALSO means everyone organizing things on a grassroots "DIY" level so everyone gets their way regardless how different our needs and beliefs are.

For either liberals or conservatives to achieve their ultimate goals, people need to "do it ourselves" anyway.

Anyone who "lives in fear" that the "other party" is going to push "THEIR agenda through govt" at the expense of others, that spells misery. You can't depend on govt to "establish your religion" -- anyone who depends on govt for that is missing the point.
You said "if conservatives are right". They rarely are

Dear sealybobo

You said "if conservatives are right". They rarely are

Dear sealybobo they are completely right about NOT managing "social programs" through govt. Because it causes all this mess since people have conflicting beliefs.

Since govt is NOT supposed to regulate policies based on beliefs, this is why it's such a convoluted mess.

That's like trying to regulate communions, baptisms, prayers, sexual relations, etc. through govt when people all have different ways and means.

If you want free choice, you don't want govt spelling out the terms and conditions on it or it contradicts itself.

Conservatives are right about this, including when they themselves violate these very principles. the problems that result prove why we need to respect Constitutional limits on govt that otherwise prevent those messes!

Thanks sealybobo

Forum List

Back