Angle Sends Cease-And-Desist To Reid -- For Reposting Her Own Website

Angle Sends Cease-And-Desist To Reid -- For Reposting Her Own Website | TPMDC

Sharron Angle has resorted to an unusual maneuver to counter Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's attacks on her past quotes and positions, the Reid campaign has announced: A cease-and-desist letter, demanding that Reid no longer republish Angle's previous campaign website.

The short version of the story is as follows: After the former state Rep won Nevada's Republican Senate primary, Angle's campaign took down most of its website, and later replaced it with a relaunched version that in some ways toned down her right-wing rhetoric. But Internet pages are rarely ever forgotten -- the Reid campaign saved the old version, and put up a website called "The Real Sharron Angle," reproducing the old content.

Then, they say, the Angle campaign sent them a cease-and-desist letter, claiming misuse of copyrighted materials in the reposting of the old website -- which was, of course, being posted for the purposes of ridiculing Angle. The Reid campaign has in fact taken down the site, rerouting visitors to another website that goes after Angle's positions, "Sharron's Underground Bunker."
"These are Sharron Angle's positions in Sharron's own words from Sharron's own website. What was good enough for Nevada voters to read during the primary should be good enough for them now," said Reid campaign spokesman Jon Summers. "Sharron has long believed in killing Social Security, eliminating the Departments of Education and Energy and shipping nuclear waste to Nevada. We've always heard that Sharron Angle is an unapologetic conservative. It has to be embarrassing for her to have her handlers trying to hide who she really is."
And I thought she couldn't get any worse. :rofl:

You do know that Reid was using the fake website as a phishing site, so that makes what he was doing potentially illegal, and definitely unethical, don't you? Do you want to keep mocking Angle and defending Reid blindly like the partisan hack you are, or can you admit that Reid is wrong?

Anything and anybody is better than the terrible trio know as obie, pelobi, and reabi.

Did you make that up all by yourself? I am impressed!

Angle is a row boat in a lake with one oar. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!

Sharron Angle has resorted to an unusual maneuver to counter Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's attacks on her past quotes and positions, the Reid campaign has announced: A cease-and-desist letter, demanding that Reid no longer republish Angle's previous campaign website.

The short version of the story is as follows: After the former state Rep won Nevada's Republican Senate primary, Angle's campaign took down most of its website, and later replaced it with a relaunched version that in some ways toned down her right-wing rhetoric. But Internet pages are rarely ever forgotten -- the Reid campaign saved the old version, and put up a website called "The Real Sharron Angle," reproducing the old content.

Then, they say, the Angle campaign sent them a cease-and-desist letter, claiming misuse of copyrighted materials in the reposting of the old website -- which was, of course, being posted for the purposes of ridiculing Angle. The Reid campaign has in fact taken down the site, rerouting visitors to another website that goes after Angle's positions, "Sharron's Underground Bunker."
"These are Sharron Angle's positions in Sharron's own words from Sharron's own website. What was good enough for Nevada voters to read during the primary should be good enough for them now," said Reid campaign spokesman Jon Summers. "Sharron has long believed in killing Social Security, eliminating the Departments of Education and Energy and shipping nuclear waste to Nevada. We've always heard that Sharron Angle is an unapologetic conservative. It has to be embarrassing for her to have her handlers trying to hide who she really is."

You do know that Reid was using the fake website as a phishing site, so that makes what he was doing potentially illegal, and definitely unethical, don't you? Do you want to keep mocking Angle and defending Reid blindly like the partisan hack you are, or can you admit that Reid is wrong?

He sure as hell wasn't wrong about showing what a deceptive wingnut Angle is. What do you say to the fact that the website is back up without the legally objectionable things?

You do know that Reid was using the fake website as a phishing site,

Please explain to me what "phishing" he was doing. I would LOVE to hear this one. Do you even know what the term means? Or are you just regurgitating something you heard and it sounded good.

You do know that Reid was using the fake website as a phishing site,

Please explain to me what "phishing" he was doing. I would LOVE to hear this one. Do you even know what the term means? Or are you just regurgitating something you heard and it sounded good.

I guess you don't have anything to say regarding your "he was phishing" comment. I had to bump this to illustrate that your user name is fitting. :clap2:

Forum List

Back