Anger over white woman being miss France

If its true that minorities are prevented from joining the competition, then something should be done. Otherwise, I don't see it as a big deal. The majority of people in France are white after all...

France is quite a racist country and has been for a long time. Real enlightened place, huh?

Thats interesting I always thought France was very progressive.
I read that they have huge influxs of immigrants...that doesnt seem
to point to racism. I do admit I have no knowledge about frances
attitudes

Sounds to me like they want affirmative action for the pageants...

Give me a break.... She is beautiful.

31D7C3E9-EDDC-4039-B062-EB04F44188CD-4899-00000599CB0121D0_zps2744c9e1.jpg

France is quite a racist country and has been for a long time. Real enlightened place, huh?

attitudes

France is extremely ethnocentric. You cannot be "French" without being born in France.

There is a big, very conservative movement in France that is nativist and wants all foreigners out. It also wants to cleanse French of "foreign" words.

The current president, Nicholas Sarkozy, is a conservative.

attitudes

France is extremely ethnocentric. You cannot be "French" without being born in France.

There is a big, very conservative movement in France that is nativist and wants all foreigners out. It also wants to cleanse French of "foreign" words.

Sarkozy is president only in your time machine.

attitudes

Sarkozy is president only in your time machine.

Opps..

François Hollande is the current President.

Doesn't change the rest of what I posted.

France should do what is done in the US. We have a Miss Black America that white women cannot join. There isn't a qualification as the most beautiful, or most talented, but the darkest.

If its true that minorities are prevented from joining the competition, then something should be done. Otherwise, I don't see it as a big deal. The majority of people in France are white after all...

Had you read the link you would see that ethnic minorities are not excluded from the competition. In fact...

Of the 33 finalists in Saturday's contest, eight were from ethnic minorities with six of those coming from France's Pacific or Caribbean territories.

So, 25% of finalists were from ethnic minorities. No racism here, except possibly that of Louis-Georges Tin, the president of the Council of Black Associations, who is pissed off that the winner wasn't of black African heritage.

attitudes

That's a funny way of spelling Francois Hollande.

attitudes

france passed a law that muslim women couldn't wear a burka to work. i'm not sure that points to being progressive.

they have a long history of anti-semitism.

but a lot of blacks felt/feel more welcome there than here.

so i'd think, like most things, it's a mixed bag.

Louis-Georges Tin, the president of the CRAN (Representative Council of Black Associations), on Monday lamented the lack of contestants from France's African and north African communities.

"The failure to represent the contemporary French population in an event such as this is obviously serious," Tin said in a statement issued jointly with Fred Royer, the creator of Miss Black France.

I'm betting Fred Royer doesn't allow white women into his contest which makes him a big fat hypocrite as well as a race baiter.

Louis-Georges Tin, the president of the CRAN (Representative Council of Black Associations), on Monday lamented the lack of contestants from France's African and north African communities.

"The failure to represent the contemporary French population in an event such as this is obviously serious," Tin said in a statement issued jointly with Fred Royer, the creator of Miss Black France.

I'm betting Fred Royer doesn't allow white women into his contest which makes him a big fat hypocrite as well as a race baiter.

And you would be 100% correct!

A French beauty pageant exclusively for black women will take place for the first time in Paris on Saturday. The event has been endorsed by black associations and the organiser of the traditional Miss France contest, but others are crying foul.

'Miss Black France' pageant raises eyebrows - FRANCE - FRANCE 24

There are serveral European countries going through a xenophobic stage right now. Movements to close boarders, bulk up the military, cleanse the "culture". France is one of them, the UK is another that comes to mind.

However, as to the OP, it does sound like a lot of whining, and not discrimination.

There are serveral European countries going through a xenophobic stage right now. Movements to close boarders, bulk up the military, cleanse the "culture". France is one of them, the UK is another that comes to mind.

However, as to the OP, it does sound like a lot of whining, and not discrimination.

Huh? WTF are you talking about? Perhaps you wouldn't mind giving some substance to that statement as it relates to the UK.

Huh? WTF are you talking about? Perhaps you wouldn't mind giving some substance to that statement as it relates to the UK.

Sure.

Frontline 14. Right-wing England – the social and political basis of UKIP
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/news/do...partyinthe2009europeanparliamentelections.pdf
http://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/theres-something-about-ukip.pdf

Sure.

Frontline 14. Right-wing England – the social and political basis of UKIP
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/news/do...partyinthe2009europeanparliamentelections.pdf
http://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/theres-something-about-ukip.pdf

As I thought. Your rhetoric is based on ignorance. The UKIP stands for withdrawing from the EU. Nothing to do with xenophobia, but purely involved with economics and self determination. As for immigration, under the previous government it was out of control, a fact admitted by the current leader of the Labour party...

Miliband shifts immigration policy, saying Labour 'got it wrong'

Labour leader Ed Miliband has promised to deter firms from exclusively employing workers from overseas, admitting his party "got it wrong" on immigration when in government.
He said Gordon Brown and Tony Blair should not have allowed uncontrolled immigration from new EU states in 2004.

BBC News - Miliband shifts immigration policy, saying Labour 'got it wrong'

Yes, we need to curb immigration for good reasons. Not because of xenophibia.

As for bulking up the military, that also is crap. We're actually in the process of downsizing our military.

Oh, and perhaps you should seek out more recent links, rather than finding it necessary to go back to 2004 to find anything that purports to support the crap you're spouting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back