Angels & Demons

If there is a "Devil" per se.

In scripture, Satan, the talking serpent, is a metaphor for a particular type of person also known as a devil.. In Hebrew the word for serpent, nachash, is both a noun and an adjective which means snake, but it can also mean brazen, shining one, and or one who practices divination, in other words, a religious deceiver.

There is no 'if' about it. Take a good look around. For as long as I can remember there has been a plague of talking serpents of biblical proportions crawling all over the world and countless millions of people have died from their poison once bitten.

Here's a chance to enter that stage of development/evolution to communicate with spirits.

Do you see what I see?

"I see dead people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead. There everywhere." The Sixth Sense (1999)

The most beautiful, devoted and beloved angel of god's. An adviser, an advocate, keeping god on the right path, helping god consider all angles and possibilities before taking action. God's conscience in a way.

God got upset because his favorite would not bow down to mankind..............a lower life form god was playing with like a toy.

You are making assumption from facts not in evidence that the snake in eden is satan. It was a wise and clever snake. The snake is not associated with satan/devil in the torah. Satan is not seen as evil or devil in the OT. That is a christian interpretation.

The OT talk only of nephilim mating with women.

Hell and evil leader of hell are greko-roman concepts and not jewish.

When Jesus said of Satan, "He was a murderer from the beginning" He was referring to the story of Adam and Eve where the talking serpent convinced them to defy the command of God which caused their figurative death and expulsion from Eden, the realm of God, the world above.

Gehenna is an expression that denotes the realm of degenerate minds without light and life, comprehension, the figurative world below.

BTW......The long list of maledictions promised by Moses for those who set aside the way in which he taught to follow the law sure sounds like hell to me.....

greek

a jew would not speak or believe in such terms. the gospel was writen by origen, an alexandrian christian all most 200 yrs after jesus death. how does he know what jesus said or believed?

None of the gospels were written by witnesses of jesus. It is all just greek hearsay. stories past by word of mouth down through the years before they were written.

But people erroneously believe they were written by the apostles who were there with jesus.

In scripture, Satan, the talking serpent, is a metaphor for a particular type of person also known as a devil.. In Hebrew the word for serpent, nachash, is both a noun and an adjective which means snake, but it can also mean brazen, shining one, and or one who practices divination, in other words, a religious deceiver.

There is no 'if' about it. Take a good look around. For as long as I can remember there has been a plague of talking serpents of biblical proportions crawling all over the world and countless millions of people have died from their poison once bitten.

Here's a chance to enter that stage of development/evolution to communicate with spirits.

Do you see what I see?

"I see dead people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead. There everywhere." The Sixth Sense (1999)
Yes, the question is how do you quicken the dead? How do you awaken the slumbering?

Do you see what I see?

The most beautiful, devoted and beloved angel of god's. An adviser, an advocate, keeping god on the right path, helping god consider all angles and possibilities before taking action. God's conscience in a way.

God got upset because his favorite would not bow down to mankind..............a lower life form god was playing with like a toy.

You are making assumption from facts not in evidence that the snake in eden is satan. It was a wise and clever snake. The snake is not associated with satan/devil in the torah. Satan is not seen as evil or devil in the OT. That is a christian interpretation.

When Jesus said of Satan, "He was a murderer from the beginning" He was referring to the story of Adam and Eve where the talking serpent convinced them to defy the command of God which caused their figurative death and expulsion from Eden, the realm of God, the world above.

Gehenna is an expression that denotes the realm of degenerate minds without light and life, comprehension, the figurative world below.

BTW......The long list of maledictions promised by Moses for those who set aside the way in which he taught to follow the law sure sounds like hell to me.....

greek

a jew would not speak or believe in such terms. the gospel was writen by origen, an alexandrian christian all most 200 yrs after jesus death. how does he know what jesus said or believed?

None of the gospels were written by witnesses of jesus. It is all just greek hearsay. stories past by word of mouth down through the years before they were written.

But people erroneously believe they were written by the apostles who were there with jesus.

You do know that your comment is as completely irrelevant as the fact that same is true about the books attributed to Moses or Isaiah etc., which reflect the opinions and contemporary concerns of unknown editors over a period of more than a thousand years before they ended up in their current form.

And like the Torah the Gospels were written either during times of brutal oppression or immediately after conquest exile and captivity which is why the language is figurative the stories metaphorical and the subjects hidden and above the grasp of either Romans, Greeks, Persians, Assyrians, or babylonians, leaving the original teaching of both unadulterated while thoroughly confounding every superstitious and irrational enemy like a curse..

"This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over all the land...." Zechariah 5:3

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations." rev. 19:15

The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field, The man who found it, buried it again. Matthew 13:44

I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

Last edited:

Do you see what I see?

Yes, the question is how do you quicken the dead? How do you awaken the slumbering?

A very intelligent question.

A person must be awake to awaken and have life to give life.

Do you see what I see?

A person must be awake to awaken and have life to give life.[/QUOTE]
The quest very few could do on their own. Thank you for verifying it.
One must be awakened by the awake; that is my understanding and you reinforced it. How can one find the one who is awake? I heard the axiom: "he will appear when ..."
Self discipline and patience.... patience.. but staying active in the search???

Do you see what I see?

One must be awakened by the awake; that is my understanding and you reinforced it. How can one find the one who is awake? I heard the axiom: "he will appear when ..."

Warning: This is not about our beloved MOD :)

Do you think Angels and Demons have emotions?
Do you think they are good or evil because they want to be?

(Please, those of you who believe in Marxist-Leninst Dialectical Materialism stick with those studies.)

Annecdotally, I've heard numerous emotions attributed to angels and demons both. Hate, love, compassion, etc. While that might just be anthropomorphisizing them, it's there.

I would think, any living being has emotions. Orcas have superior emotional capacity than humans for example when it comes to love and compassion. So emotions aren't just a human thing. Anything and everything with a brain should have some measure of emotional functioning. And if angels and demons are real, and have brains, they too should have emotions.

God has emotions loving us. And if God created Man in their image (His and the angels,) and we have emotions, He has emotions, it's at least logically consistent angels and demons (fallen angels) would have them too.
I think, only the Creator - we can call Him God (through us humans) and us, humans (and mammals) have emotions. Angels and demons were created to do a certain task. They do the task without any consideration of "god" or "evil" I do not think demons are evil in a sense that they want to be evil. They do what demons do with no emotions attached to it. Evil is evil in our perception only.

I reject your silly superstitions.

Do you see what I see?

greek

You do know that your comment is as completely irrelevant as the fact that same is true about the books attributed to Moses or Isaiah etc., which reflect the opinions and contemporary concerns of unknown editors over a period of more than a thousand years before they ended up in their current form.

And like the Torah the Gospels were written either during times of brutal oppression or immediately after conquest exile and captivity which is why the language is figurative the stories metaphorical and the subjects hidden and above the grasp of either Romans, Greeks, Persians, Assyrians, or babylonians, leaving the original teaching of both unadulterated while thoroughly confounding every superstitious and irrational enemy like a curse..

"This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over all the land...." Zechariah 5:3

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations." rev. 19:15

The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field, The man who found it, buried it again. Matthew 13:44

I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

Zechariah is speaking of the crimes of the Chaldeans
Isaiah is speak to Cyrus

Matthew and Revelations are greek text well after Jesus' death

Firefly: Traffic Timer

On a summer night in New Orleans, you can appreciate the colorful melee of multi-cultural traffic creating strange and wondrous flavors.

You might notice fireflies on such a night and think about how America is a very prosperous multi-cultural society.

How would these Earth events make you re-orient your perceptions about divination?

:afro:

Our sensory organs of five senses certainly have an important role in our physical world.

Do you see what I see?

How can one find the one who is awake?

Where the vultures gather, there lies the corpse.

Nothing pisses off the sleeping more than a person who turns on the light.
I like that one…. haha..
One you will understand once your mind is opened.
… by revelation alone?

The human mind has been programmed by millions of years of evolution to aspire to comprehension.

Rising to life is as easy or as difficult as it is for a person to be honest with themselves and others.

Forum List

Back