Anecdote - my right wing father-n-law and abortion

My wife's father hates Obama. He thinks he's a commie. He denies global warming, has a massive gun collection, thinks the libs should just tax themselves for their big government and let him alone. You name it, he's a rightie. Except on one issue.

He's also a nurse anesthetist at a hospital for women. His career started before Roe v Wade. He's seen first hand the miracle of birth thousands upon thousands of times. He's also seen first hand what a septic uterus looks like one too many times. Guess where he stands on the issue of choice for women?

If I didn't have you on ignore I could read your op. It's probably your usual nonsense of distraction anyhow.

Here ya go. :thup:

Gee thanks. NOT

My wife's father hates Obama. He thinks he's a commie. He denies global warming, has a massive gun collection, thinks the libs should just tax themselves for their big government and let him alone. You name it, he's a rightie. Except on one issue.

He's also a nurse anesthetist at a hospital for women. His career started before Roe v Wade. He's seen first hand the miracle of birth thousands upon thousands of times. He's also seen first hand what a septic uterus looks like one too many times. Guess where he stands on the issue of choice for women?

If I didn't have you on ignore I could read your op. It's probably your usual nonsense of distraction anyhow.

Here ya go. :thup:

Gee thanks. NOT

Oh.

:(

Only idiots think Obama is a commie. Given the rules of the board I will refrain from further comment.

When a politician decides if the life of the mother is at risk « Dr. Jen Gunter

“I have to tell you something,” I said. I’m sure I closed my eyes, because even though I had nothing to do with it, I hated myself for what I was about to say. “There’s a new law. Maybe you don’t know about it? When the hospital’s budget was submitted this year to the state there was an additional clause. No abortions in this facility unless it’s life or death. Doesn’t matter if we can get insurance to pay or even if everyone is willing to waive their fees. The hospital is owned by the state.”

The Dean and the Chief of OB said they objected vigorously, but I don’t remember it being more than a minor blip in the news at the time.

“But it is a matter of life and death.” he said. “It’s not if it’s when. Her ejection fraction sucks. Her heart is crapping out already. Oh, and she had postpartum cardiomyopathy last time.” He was yelling by this point.

No wonder he was amazed that she survived her first pregnancy. Postpartum cardiomyopathy, devastating failure of the heart after delivery, has a 50% mortality rate. Women with underlying heart disease are at increased risk of getting this condition and the lucky survivors are more likely to get it again should they chance another pregnancy.

“Look, I’m not the bad guy here. But unless you can tell me she’s going to die in the next 30 minutes, we can’t do anything. Legal was very explicit. The next step is for you to call the concerned politician who wrote the law, explain her medical condition, and then find out if she meets his criteria for life and death. Basically, you need his permission” I paused, knowing what was coming next.

“You are fucking kidding me. You are just fucking kidding me,” he shouted. Not at me. It was abject disbelief.

Isn't that sweet. But anecdotes about your family are hardly 'politics'.

neither when you always make it about yourself, but thats never stopped you.

What's a matter? So embarrassed by the op, you can't defend it, but still want to attack conservatives for daring to be right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no...Defending the Op is quite easy. That regardless of your views sometimes you can have a completely different opinion from the group you belong to. It happens, so what.

But hey why dont you go make another stupid thread about some meaningless outrage.

Only idiots think Obama is a commie. Given the rules of the board I will refrain from further comment.

nah...he only sought them out.

Funny how libs argue about (man-made) global warming. People don't just dsagree with the faulty science. The way the left wing puts it they "deny it" like some sort of religious doctrine.

If we're bringing up anecdotes....

I had a co-worker that used abortion as a form of birth control. She had so many, she got so she would run down on her lunch hour, have the abortion, take an aspirin and come back to work. Her obgyn told her that if she ever wanted to have a child her next pregnancy was going to be it. She had built up so much scar tissue that she ran a risk of even having a child. Sure enough, she got pregnant and decided to have the baby girl since it was going to be her last shot. It worked out rather well considering she was no more prepared to have the baby then she ever was.

This is another IDIOT trying to equate miscarriage with abortion.

HEY IDIOT!

A miscarriage is not deliberate. It happens whether the mother wants the baby or not.

I've suffered miscarriage. You have no choice on a miscarriage. It happens whether you like it or not.

As my OBGYN assured me on the next pregnancy, because I was so scared because I lost my last in a miscarriage: "Bad pregnancies are hard to keep, good pregnancies are hard to lose. This one is a good pregnancy (and she will be 15 next month)."

An ABORTION is a DELIBERATE SURGICAL PROCEDURE. An Abortion attacks a good pregnancy to get rid of it, despite there being a healthy unborn baby, being killed.

How typical of a LYING LIBERAL to make up a fictitious person to push this LYING BILGE!

This is not the first time, I've had libs try to hide behing miscarriage to justify abortion.

It only reveals how little actual intelligence and intellect goes into their political reality. It doesn't matter how obvious the difference between miscarriage and abortion is, they will try pushing that anyway.

Not only is it an outrageous lie, YOU MORONS WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE REAL WAR ON WOMEN???

How about being SO INSENSITIVE to mothers you would equate the pain they felt losing a child to some Sandra Fluke Slut who deliberately KILLS THEIR CHILD. (and unlike Rush Limbaugh I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING THAT, IT'S THE TRUTH)

That is the real war on women, and real women who have had suffered the heartbreak of miscarriage will not stand for it.

Funny how he saw many more "miscarriages" with septic uteri before Roe v Wade. Coincidence I guess.

BTW, when you're ready to calm down and act like an adult, let us know.

Funny how you're still lying.

Are you telling us that abortion prevents miscarriage??????????

That's like saying murder prevents people from getting hit by cars.

It's unbelievably stupid and no real doctor would try to push that laughable line.

Only a stupid college kid lib would.

So try again. Who's not acting like an adult?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Romney gets millions from the billionaire who manufactures and markets the "abortion pill". His name is Phil Frost.

Wait! In one of your other troll threads you said Romney was radical right.

Which is he moron?

Whatever libs think will keep people from voting for Romney and it only shows their desperation. They know Obama is sinking fast.

What's a matter? So embarrassed by the op, you can't defend it, but still want to attack conservatives for daring to be right?

no...Defending the Op is quite easy. That regardless of your views sometimes you can have a completely different opinion from the group you belong to. It happens, so what.

But hey why dont you go make another stupid thread about some meaningless outrage.

Well hey! If defending the op is soooooooooooooo easy, why don't you try instead of continuing to sputter at conservatives in this thread and make it EVEN MORE OBVIOUS, your assertion you can defend the op is as big a lie as the op itself.

I'm WAITING!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

cons dont like history so many of them have NO idea why this country made abortion safe adn legal.

I pstarted a thread asking pro-life people if they were agsinst abortion in cases where the mother's life was in danger, there are only crickits in there:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/226835-a-pro-life-poll.html#post5387419

So you people need to stop with the crap about anyone wanting mothers to die.

I told you how to add a poll, but still don't see one.

Did you? I never got that message.

It's in the thread.

Well as for his father in law, so what, Ooh thinks he's nuts, but from what I see of Ooh, his father in law might be Einstein.

Forum List

Back