Andyet another in a LONG line of reasons I simply don't Trust Animals...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
TV's Kyle Dyer shares details of dog bite injury on Facebook - The Denver Post

I won't Watch the Video.

I've met only a handful of People in the Media... She's one of them.

She makes 6 People I know in the last 2 decades or so who have been Severely Scarred by Dogs in the Face...

Just in the Face.

Last year one of my Neice's Daughter's... "Trusted Family Dog, never agressive before that day"...

My Wife's Teammate's Baby about 5 years ago...

Anyway, I'm not against Animals or having Pets, but Ultimately they are Animals.

I NEVER put my Face anywhere near a Dog's Face and I Certainly wouldn't Allow ANY Child to.

When you know someone who has had their Cheek Ripped open by a Dog and seen what it does to them Mentally and Physically, it's simply not Worth the Risk.

JMO... And I'm just one Asshole on the Internet. :thup:

And I know, I know... The dog was Traumatized by the Incident a Day before at the Lake...

There's always a Reason.

Don't let a Dog's Chompers near your Face. :thup:

:)

peace...

she was an idiot.....you dont bend down to kiss a dog you dont know....

I don't bend down to kiss a dog period... :thup:

If people want to, more Power to them.

But Animals are Animals.

I have heard people say the same thing over and over again about Dogs they have had for years that never even growled at anyone going after a Family Member in the same House for no reason at all.

I know there's "reasons"... There are always "reasons"...

I know Absolutist Dog Lovers and they get Pissed at me for not letting my kids get licked on the face by their Dogs...

Sorry, I couldn't Live with myself if that Lick became an ER visit for either of my Babies.

peace...

i put my dogs up when kids are about.....a large dog can hurt a child without meaning to...knocking them over etc...plus kids pull dogs ears, tails etc...the only scars i have from dog bites are on my hands....but i expect that...i worked with feral dog rescue for a while.....and the first bite hurt and so did the last bite....but you dont kiss a dogs head...that is very threatening the motion over the dogs head...now my dogs are well trained...i can pull food out of their mouths and they do not do anything but give me that wtf look

I'm not sure I trust anyone who doesn't trust dogs.

I Expect this kind of Response and Respect your Opinion.

But EVERY single Dog Attack that Loveone's have Suffered, has been by a Dog that was as Trustworthy as I am Certain you would tell me that yours are.

My Niece's Daughter is 12... She hasn't even started Dating for Real yet...

That Family Dog that never went at anyone before... Left a Scare from the back of her mouth to her lips.

She almost lost an Eye.

It's simply not Worth it to me.

Maybe it is to you and I Respect that, but I wouldn't let a Dog Lick my Kids Face.

No way in Hell.

peace...

i put my dogs up when kids are about.....a large dog can hurt a child without meaning to...knocking them over etc...plus kids pull dogs ears, tails etc...the only scars i have from dog bites are on my hands....but i expect that...i worked with feral dog rescue for a while.....and the first bite hurt and so did the last bite....but you dont kiss a dogs head...that is very threatening the motion over the dogs head...now my dogs are well trained...i can pull food out of their mouths and they do not do anything but give me that wtf look

My Last Dog was Literally my Best Friend at the Time...

I have Scare on my Arm from Playing with her to rough...

She was Killed when a Sibling let her out in Heat... She was hit by a Car.

stock-photo-a-white-sharpei-sits-on-a-purple-backdrop-53489224.jpg

^She looked about like that... Not the Wrinkliest Shar Pei...

She would only let me near her First Litter.

Good God was that Cute set of Puppies. They could hardly get around because of all of the Skin.

Loved that Dog...

Wouldn't let her Lick my Kids Faces if she was Alive.

peace...

BAD dogs are BAD, without doubt.

But generally speaking I'll trust any dog I don't know much more than any person I don't know.

she was an idiot.....you dont bend down to kiss a dog you dont know....

Absolutely right, strollingbones, she was an idiot. I couldn't even believe it when I heard what happened. How stupid to start lowering your head towards a dog you don't know. And I heard she had her hands on each side of the dog's head gazing into its eyes??? The poor dog probably thought she was leaning in to bite it.

Stupid, idiot woman.

It's always people's fault. Somewhere along the line, the dog's badness is caused by people. Treated properly they are sweet, loving happy creatures. They remind me of little wood nymphs or something, they're so sweet and it's so easy to make them happy. It doesn't take much, they are so grateful for every little thing.

My sister's grandaughter was at her house, as she often is, and they were in the kitchen and my sister had her back turned and suddenly the kid started screaming and my sister turned around and there was blood everywhere...my sister's Rottweiler had bit the kid on the mouth, or so it seemed. The kid was rushed to the hospital for treatment and meanwhile my sister's husband took the dog out back and shot it.

This was a dog they supposedly loved soooo much. Motherfuckers. Then when they get the kid to the doctor, apparently my sister was told that the wound wasn't really consistent with a bite. In other words, it sounds like the kid bashed her stupid face into the dog's teeth.

Anyway, they shouldn't have let this little brat hang all over the dog the way they did. Once again, it was the people's fault.

And the fact that they took that "beloved" dog out back and shot it...well, the family ain't the same anymore. I don't really want much to do with any of them anymore. My sister, maybe...I don't think she wanted the dog shot.

I hope they don't ever come to visit me and have that brat along. She's not welcome here, I have two Dobermans that I don't want endangered in any way by anyone.

Last edited:
Meanie. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

They are almost, but not entirely tame wolves. They are very territorial carnivores. The fact they are what they are should be treated with respect.

My ear doesn't have a complete curl in it anymore because our family dog bit it a piece off. Only I notice it, but I was a kid and put my head by her.

I also had one of those dogs that had never bit anyone. After the dog that bit me died, we got Hagen. She was not a mean dog. When I had my son she was older though, and not that into a two year old crawling all over her. She had been hit by a car as a puppy, so she had hip pain, and then she got sick. She ended up biting my son who was messing with her, and I watched her closely too. It was stupid to have her around him, and he got lucky.. After that she was never allowed around him, and it broke her. We ended up having to put her down a few weeks later, after she woke up one morning and couldn't move her back end. It was probably one of the worst moments of my life.

TV's Kyle Dyer shares details of dog bite injury on Facebook - The Denver Post

I won't Watch the Video.

I've met only a handful of People in the Media... She's one of them.

She makes 6 People I know in the last 2 decades or so who have been Severely Scarred by Dogs in the Face...

Just in the Face.

Last year one of my Neice's Daughter's... "Trusted Family Dog, never agressive before that day"...

My Wife's Teammate's Baby about 5 years ago...

Anyway, I'm not against Animals or having Pets, but Ultimately they are Animals.

I NEVER put my Face anywhere near a Dog's Face and I Certainly wouldn't Allow ANY Child to.

When you know someone who has had their Cheek Ripped open by a Dog and seen what it does to them Mentally and Physically, it's simply not Worth the Risk.

JMO... And I'm just one Asshole on the Internet. :thup:

And I know, I know... The dog was Traumatized by the Incident a Day before at the Lake...

There's always a Reason.

Don't let a Dog's Chompers near your Face. :thup:

peace...

+1

I was bitten by a friends family dog.

too this day, any dog that barks at me, I'm ready to kill it.

Never have an animal that can hurt you as a pet.

I DID watch the video (googled her name and bite). She had both her hands on each side of the dog's jaws and then lowered her head down close to the dog's face. Just before she did that, she had one hand below the dog's mouth in a manner that seemed almost in restraint of the dog's mouth. Dogs hate that because it scares them and, when a dog is panting, that threatens their only means to cool themselves. Honestly, when she did that, I thought, "Ah, here comes the bite, now." But the dog didn't bite. It bit her when she did the other threatening action.

I'd say the dog was patient with her.

Of course the dog bit her. Her actions would be threatening to even the tamest of dogs.

Don't trust people who don't like animals.

Don't get an aggressive breed and act surprised when it acts aggressively.

Don't be stupid around animals.

Meanie. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

big dogs tend to try to eat things that are not safely eaten.....i have pulled socks out of the dobies throat...etc....that is the reason its not to be mean....its to establish that you are the alpha and you will take the food and they will give it.....some days they give easier than others...

i did not realize she held the dogs head...i have not watched the video....but i know from the damage she jerked her face back....you cant do that with a face bite....you have to remain with the dog....minimize damage...that is easy to say than do

she became an instant threat to the dog.....i am amazed the owner let her do this....i am not sure i would do this with thor....he is a gentle giant but still....

Every notice how animals (not just dogs) absolutely love some people?

Every notice how animals (not just dogs) clearly do not trust other people?

Pay attention to that, folks.

Pay very close attention to that because those animals sense something we cannot sense about those people.

Or...

Pay no attention to it and presume that animals are senseless creatures that are easily fooled by men.

Forum List

Back